1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Way too early wishlist

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Ender, Jan 9, 2023.

1. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    On Cole, I understand that works in a vacuum but his best work has been at Center. We can just get a guard and improve guard instead of hoping that Cole plays as well at guard as he has at center. For the TE, I still think it’s a waste even if the kid is good. Why spend a high priority pick on a position we are already set at? We would have to be hard committing to making 2 TE sets a staple of our offense and we would be concluding that we would get 4 years out of either the pick or Muth. I’d be super upset if we used any of our picks on a TE, let alone one of our early ones.

As for Moss… idk much about him. The research I done has had him somewhere between 4th round and 7th round depending on the site. Not that pre-draft profiles tell a perfect story of someone’s NFL careee, but I think we need a more “high end” prospect than one that is more of a project “let’s hope he turns into an ok starter someday” type of guy.

The best way for this team to get better is to find a corner to start with Sutton, get an ILB that will add consistency in stopping the run and can be an asset in the pass game, and improve the left side of our OL in some capacity. The issue I have with the proposed draft would be that it does none of those things. I certainly could be wrong and certainly don’t know a ton about players coming out and who will be good or not…. But on first glance, I think I would be highly disappointed in our FO if our draft turned out like that.

2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Yeah, I’d like to keep Gentry and keep the TE room together. Three young players with upside, Gentry more as a blocker than receiving threat, but you need at least one TE who can really mix it up in the run game.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Dax777

Dax777 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2021
    RD1 Jordan Addison
    RD2 O'cyrus Torrance
    RD2 Emmanuel Forbes
    RD3 Mazi Smith

After a few more e review. I think I'm sold on taking Addison over anyone else who may be there at 17.

I think he is Marvin Harrison. Route, Suddenness and great hands. Probably not as fast as people think. More quick than fast.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I watched Jordan thruout his Pitt career, He is a playmaker. Someone is going to get a good ball player.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Won't do this round by round just players from our biggest need position groups

DL Siaki Ika/Mazi Smith
    OL O'Cyrus Torrence/Broderick Jones
    CB Christian Gonzalez/Joey Porter Jr.
    ILB Trenton Simpson (likely gawn)/ Tommy Eichenberg/ Drew Sanders

As for a WR to pair up with Pickett, I recommend Jared Wayne. Could find in the mid to late rounds.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    12 passing TDs. why have one guy that can block and one that can catch instead of 2 that can block and catch? our top wr had 0 TDs. we have to generate points. 2 freaks at TE would help a young QB and a team that needs to up scoring.

:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I think Conner's role expanding further next year is going to accomplish this same feat. I do agree with your premise tho.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    im sure his role will expand but washington is in the same league with kelce, gronk, waller type of TE's. the kid can up a teams game by leaps and bounds, why give him to another team to use against you? well we have conner heyward is not even in the same conversation as far as what they could mean to an offense. we need another 7-10 TD making player a year on offense. what a defense would have to prepare for every week against these type's of players lift's everyone elses game up a notch or two on our offense. i believe that's what we need. playmakers for kenny to distribute the ball to.:cool:

9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
  10. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    That's where a WR especially a veteran WR can help. TE room is already very full whilst WR is very empty once you get passed Pickens and DJ. Fixing the playbook and playcalling goes a long way as well. Just don't think filling an already filled room benefits the team at large when there's even bigger holes on defense.

11. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    gentry can be upgraded easily. conner is an H-back. the room isn't that full. austin, simms, white can be the 3rd wr. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Heyward is a TE in the mold of Aaron Hernandez. I’d like to see what he can bring next season instead of trying on Washington. I know you said he could be a 7-10 TD a year type of guy, but he has 3 TD’s in 27 games in college. Only 45 receptions for 774 too. Gronk had nearly 1200 yards in 22 games with 16TD’s. They aren’t similar prospects and I’d hate to have to give up one of our second round picks hoping for potential. If we are searching for weapons I’d hope we look somewhere away from a big TE who struggles to get open and score at the collegiate level. That’s a team that puts up big time points and he just wasn’t all that involved.

• Like Like x 1
  13. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I like it, but the only way to make that happen is:
    1) cb
    2A) o-line
    2B) d-line
    3) linebacker, but eichenberg is the only one with a chance of falling that far.

And I could see both Porter and Gonzales gone at 17, both Torrence and Jones gone at 32, and Ika gone by 49. Of course, Simpson and Sanders will be gone by the third round.

• Like Like x 2
  14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=28e6...mVsbC13YXNoaW5ndG9uLTAwMzYyNjQ3NC5odG1s&ntb=1

he had to share the load with bowers. as most say, he will be a better pro than college player. we will have to agree to disagree i guess. :cool:

15. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    mock drafts aren’t worth a hill of beans.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
  17. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Especially Walter's.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I don't think it would be big a reach to take Mazi Smith at #49. He is the premier run stopper in the draft at 6'3" and 337 lbs. Smith is a work in progress in rushing the passer but he can sure plug the middle and stop the run.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Free agency period should answer many questions we have going into draft.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I doubt Porter goes in the top 10, he's not even considered the top CB in the draft.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Your boy, Moss, looked GREAT today so far, Mac. He pulled off that 4.4 40 and looks legitimately fluid in his pedal with excellent transitions. The highlights show his ball skills. I think he will be long gone by the 5th. I’d love it if we got him.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Kion White from GT could also be an option at DL he has big motor Pitt could not block him this past season. Supposedly he has a cheerleader in MT. If he lasts till 32, CB at 17 Schmidt at 2B

23. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    This is pretty impressive, mac. I like all these guys and you called this before the combine and pro days! Nice work!

I really like Jack Campbell (Sanders too), but I’d be totally satisfied if we could come away with a corner, an offensive lineman, and a defensive lineman with those first three picks.

24. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    TBH the only positions I'd be upset to see us draft in the first 3 rounds are TE, C, G, QB, FS. I'd be cool with the others positions well enough.

I'd prefer CB, ILB, and S with the first 3 picks unless we can get a sick WR, OL or DL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i don't think there is any way they don't add to the offense at some position in the first 3 picks. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1