1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Offseason Moves/Free agent signings

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Feb 15, 2023.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

Did Steelers tell him he isn’t in their plans because I haven’t seen that he has signed anywhere else.

2. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Might just be verbally committed to a contract that hast been made official yet

3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Goodbye Terrell you piece of crap! What a waste of a first you should’ve been a third! I hope you fail even more wherever you go and fans throw trash at you on the field.

lol jk gonna miss him dude became a pretty dependable solid player for us. Wish him well

• Like Like x 1
  4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Need at Safety move up the draft board?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Apparently the Steelers staff disagrees with you

I agree with them

6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I am thinking they said thanks but no thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Branch if there at 17.

Unless they sign someone else. Not sure who is still out there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Well I don't think there's much to choose between them. If they can cut Mitch and sign Rudolph for much cheaper I'm good with that. A backup QB is asked to come in in relief. Mitch knew the system very well and should have at least been functional. He threw that game away

9. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Kazee is supposed to be a free safety but I feel he will be next to Fitzpatrick starting. He did sign a 2 year deal for 6 mill.

Edmond was well, Edmonds. Average player, sometimes below. I like the fact they are moving away from certain players and bringing in fresh faces to start.

Edmonds is now off the Whipping Post.

10. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    They’re fine with Kazee starting. But they need depth for sure.

11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    upload_2023-3-23_12-29-56.gif

STD when he hears Edmunds is gone

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  12. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    I just haven't seen enough of Kazee to feel we have nothing to worry about...

13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm betting Terrell's brother is going to be pissed because he lost his in for an easy camp invite now.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Mitch did not beat the Bengals....The Defense did .....they had 7 sacks, 5 turnovers, and a defensive TD, and still it took Bengals missing a Fields goal for us to win. Enough.....Mitch is not good. Enough with Well He played over Mason....of freaking course He did....They brought Him in to play, and paid Him more.....He was going to start no matter what. Preseason told any who watched that. He was the only Qb that got snaps every time with the starters. They had already decided.
    I'm not saying Mason is good, but people saying Mitch is way better is a laugh. Don't give Me his ....what He did other times....9n other teams.....on the Team of the Pittsburgh Steelers.....He way underperformed what Mason has.....in all reality they both are backups.

15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
  16. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I personally thank Terrell for all he has done. Some people still don't see him as an asset but he was a lot more crucial against the run than others gave him credit for.

His coverage also improved year over year. He sadly will never become an interception threat but he sure wouldn't be called a liability in coverage. Happy to have had him.

Best of luck Terrell!! Good luck, Godspeed and may your future endeavors yield success!! :steelflag::steelflag::steelflag:

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
  18. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Mitch isn't good in the sense that he isn't a top 32 QB in the league... but he is good when you consider back up QB's. The reason QB's are back ups is because.... they aren't good. If Mason was even remotely good, they wouldn't have immediately gone out and signed someone better than him the second Ben retired. It was decided because Mitch's body of work in his NFL career was far superior to that of Rudolph. We knew what Mason was and we didn't want him to see the field. Mitch faced starting talent and Mason saw time against 3rd stringers, practice squadders, and future used car salesmen.... who cares if Mason was slightly statistically better in the PS. Mason was the odd man out because his play on the field decided he was.

In his last game Mitch went into Carolina against a team fighting for its playoff life and beat them on the road. Mason took a team fighting for its playoff life to a game at home against the worst team in the league and didn't win. Results matter.

Mitch IS way better. That isn't an opinion at this point. They are absolutely both NFL back up QB's, but not all back up QB's are equal.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Plans for an addition at tackle in the draft I see...

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
  21. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Its a scary thought, as Kazee has never been a starting SS in the league (only at FS). I would be absolutely shocked if we dont see a rookie taken in the first 3 rounds of the draft and promptly inserted into playing time at the position.

22. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Who did Terrell Edmunds sign with? I can't find any news on that at all

23. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    I agree, and I'm not sure we have anyone on the roster currently who replaces how dependable he was. He was decent, just didn't live up to where he was drafted.

Dang, I think Steelers were hoping to sign him as the back up tackle.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    That is a scary thought to see Zeke added to the Bengals that just signed Pro Bowler Orlando Brown.

25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Kazee can’t fill Edmunds roll, he’s too small. They must have another plan, I hope.

The more this settles in the less I like it. Hope we hear of a signing soon.

They can draft someone but hoping for an impact year one is asking a lot.