1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My latest Fanspeak On The Clock 2023 Draft

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Quadrupleyoi, Jan 21, 2023.

1. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    You can never fill all the holes in one draft. I actually wouldn’t hate this one if it really happened (which it won’t).
    Three Ohio State guys is a coincidence. I generally pick the highest rated player at a position I believe they need, and that’s just how it came out. I never draft defensive backs because the Steelers are so awful at selecting and developing them that I think they should fill those spots through free agency.

upload_2023-1-21_15-40-16.png I

• Like Like x 2
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No DBs???

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Quadrupleyoi

Dec 23, 2017
    Hiya S.T.D.
    The last two really good ones they picked were Troy and Ike Taylor. I think the unusual Minkah deal was an admission that they just don’t do that well, even though they have good success at other positions, like WR. I have no idea why that is, but it is.
    Better DL and edge will make the DB they have more effective, until they can fix that position.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I understand, but We have new scouts, and a new GM.....So.....Shouldn't We See what they are capable of. For all We know they maybe better at totally different positions than the last people that held those positions.

5. Quadrupleyoi

Dec 23, 2017
    Well I sure hope you are right. I just have this (maybe illogical) feeling that if they pick a DB he will be the next Artie Burnt, when we need the next Rod Woodson or Troy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I think we're living in our fears here. Remember, we have an entirely new scouting department. Past trends need to be vanquished and more needs to be looked at the trends of Weidle. Only common denominator is really Tomlin here. Plus in the past 20 years, the Steelers only drafted one CB in the first round, so I think judging Tomlin based upon Artie Burns might be a little unfair as well.

I honestly like Christian Gonzalez and Emmanuel Forbes the most. But I tend to think where we stand today on 1/22/23 at 10:25 WST that the Steelers will take Porter in the 1st unless they think they can get him in the 2nd. A lot will change between now and then of course.

I prefer taking Broderick Jones or O'Cyrus in the 1st, then Siki at the 32nd pick and hope one of those CB's drop to us at 49. But who knows how things transpire. One crazy reach/trade throws a wrench into everything on how you think the draft will transpire.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Dax777

Dax777 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2021
    I agree with everything you said. Weird!

Jones is my overall #1 who might be there at 17.
    I like O'cyrus next. And if he falls to 32. I'd double deep and take 2Olinrmen, but otherwise, I'd take Ika. And at 49 hope for Forbes.

Who for some reason doesn't seem rated by most. I rank him 1st overall for his ball skills. Particular because of his ball skills. Gonzalez is second and Devon Witherspoon 3rd. The best mix of everything is Cam Smith, Porter and Ringo the 2.more popular corners, actually don't seem as special to me.

I'd rather get players who look dominant at their positions.
    Jones, Torrence, and Ika all do. Draft those 3 please or as many as you can

• Like Like x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    :this!:

9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I really like Cam Smith.

10. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I would love a draft that had Cam Smith at #17, O'Cyrus Torrence at #32 and Ika at #49.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I definitely go for that.:thumbs_up:

12. Dax777

Dax777 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2021
    He ls the best mix of all the skills. Cover, fluid, ball skills and aggression. Both he and Witherspoon are the top 2 when it comes to overall skills.

But I just rate ball skills better than everything else. Forbes isn't Uber physical but his ball skills are self evident and his hips and movements looks fluid as hell. It's like watching Ed Reed after ab interception.

I'd be okay with Winterspoon or Cam Smith at 17. Even though id strongly prefer Jones or Torrance. I would not like Ringo or Jnr. I'd rather trade back and get another 2nd. Then maybe draft Siaki.

I really think we should fortify the trenches first. Both in FA and the draft. Build the line. Besides I like the corners coming out next year better anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You maybe correct.
    Although I think most of our OL is better than most think....I do agree on the DL, but I (JMO)....think We should go 1st three rounds....one pick at each level of the D...., or what We can fill in the 3 picks.

14. Dax777

Dax777 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2021
    Been seeing all 3 in the 1st of late.

Better chance of going
    Cam Smith
    Anton Harrison
    Mazi Smith

I guess I can leave with this too. Or maybe Vorhees at 49 and Benton in the 3rd.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dax777

Dax777 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2021
    Suppose we go get Lewan and decide to go all out defense.

Cam Smith
    Drew Sanders/ Simpson
    Mazi Smith

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dax777

Dax777 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2021
    Oh! And then the customary WR at 4 or and our version of Brock Purdy in the 7th

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1