1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

LOL......Pirates get the number 1 draft pick this upcoming year.

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Dec 7, 2022.

1. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Boy I wonder how that makes the top prospect feel?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  2. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    The Pirates have more failed 5-year plans than the Soviet Union

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  3. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Their GM's, first Littlefield and now Cherington always sound like Baghdad Bob. "Trading for prospects, so I wouldn't classify it as a salary dump." "Fans won't realize the value of this trade until Joe Bagofdonuts works his way onto the big club's roster." "We understand the fans are getting impatient but rebuilding and restocking the minor league system takes time. Knowledgeable fans understand." Blah, blah, blah.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I can hear his call home, "Mom I got drafted by the #1 triple A team in baseball.

Reminds me of the thread on main board wanting the Steelers to tank. Bucs been doing it for years and it's working real swell.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    That strategy has been making a very wealthy Bob Nutting exponentially wealthier over the years. What frustrates me about Pirate fans that keep hanging on is the fact that the team is set up to fail on the field. The team is simply a money-making machine for Bob Nutting, nothing more. People seem to deny to themselves that Nutting will never, ever spend to win. He won't even spend to be competitive. Even if MLB adopted a hard cap which I believe will not happen unless there is the significant threat of or actual contracture, he will never come close to spending to the cap limit. It is a hopeless situation if you're a Bucs fan.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I get so PO'd when fans pay for that ****show. I think we started 2022 with a 40 million payroll and then Ahole worked his magic and we ended at 30 million. PNC is a wonderful setting for baseball but I'm guessing that thrill is gone for any visiting fans. I actually think revenue sharing just about pays the salaries and Nutbag makes a killing.

I root for a MLB salary cap but you are 100% correct that that scumbag would not come close to paying it out whatever it would be.

• Like Like x 2
  7. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    I've said it dozens of times; glad my dad didn't live to see this. It would have broken his heart.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    Hodgepodge of nothingness.

Hopefully Henry Davis can get called up next season. I’m actually excited to see him play.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Little cool Pirate story. My great Niece works in a nursing home and sent me a picture of a 94 year old Elroy Face. He looked wonderful. I'd post it but not that capable with computer. He had a cool Pirate hat on. They told me his marbles are still decent.

Guy saved 3 games in 60 series. Retired with most wins by a reliever at the time. Not sure if that record still holds. Sadly he didn't make the HOF. With what I see makes the HOF now days, he should be in. I'm sure at this point of his life he is pretty bored. Maybe he sits around and looks at what pitchers with .500 records make today or those guys with a .250 batting average he used to blow away commanding big bucks.

When he departs our company I hope like hell they don't let the Nutting family anywhere near that funeral. He is a proud Pittsburgh Pirate and with how they run the Bucs, IMO it would be disrespectful to him.

• Like Like x 2
  10. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    I see they signed Andrew McCutcheon. More of a PR move than anything IMHO. Nothing against Cutch at all, he's been a consummate pro his whole career. But at his age how much will he help a team that's probably going to lose a hundred games again?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    If I were a prospect with the possibility of being drafted first, I’d probably ask quietly ahead of time for them to not draft me. The best any young player could hope for is to move up through the system and leave via free agency to go to a better organization, or be included in a trade.

12. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Probably better chance of rising through the ranks with Bucs (if worthy) and making the bigs than getting stuck behind the Wally Pips with the Yankees, Dodgers, Astros, Padres, Giants who "buy" their lineups for the most part rather than develop them.

• Like Like x 1
  13. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I so want one more World Series before I depart and I now think my only hope is if the Saudi's buy them. Hell, they screwed up Golf and I think they are messing with Soccer so come on my funny clothes wearing friends, buy the BUCS.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Oh Geez!!!!!
    Half of My last cup of coffee I lost on that. LoL :thumbs_up: