1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cam's penalty

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Lizard72, Jan 2, 2023.

1. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    My first impression when watching live was a delay of game penalty was going to be called on us.

It was shocking a ref calls a PF from what we can see on replay. Seems like a lot of assuming going on by the ref, not actually seeing a PF. Refs were pretty horrible in that game.

2. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    There’s no way I’ll ever be convinced that Cam deserved a penalty for that play. The ref tries to justify the call by saying he ‘continued to push’…. ‘near the pile’? Tells me he has no idea why they threw the flag. Terrible officiating at big moment in the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    As inconsistent as Boz has been, I was fine with them being down by 4 on that last drive. Kidding. Or maybe not......

4. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
  5. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    it was just a bad call. No need to over analyze the refs screwing up. Sure it could have cost the Steelers the game but the ending of the game doesn’t change that it was just a bad call. Everything else is nitpicking.

6. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Some realistic viewpoints on this, and others are a little homerism going on. So this huge man who can bull-rush a pair of 300 lb men at will and drill a QB suddenly can't resist a puny RB pulling him by his shirt and get up? Come on. I'm not really calling out Cam, because all defenses do it when trying to burn the clock at the end of a half/game - not making an effort to get off the offensive player and pretending they're just slow to get up.

Not sure it warranted a PF, maybe just a delay. But Cam should know better, too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    It was a bs call, but cam knows better

8. Tarasovic

Tarasovic Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2020
    What a fiasco and it almost cost the game. He did nothing wrong. He wuz framed