1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Falcons game experience

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Mashburn, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    When I used to be the falcons photographer, it was not this bad at all. They used to have an entire end zone for falcon fans only. Even a Facebook group for only those sections.

But today it is now only one section. And no Facebook group

But that's not the worse....

Of course we always take over a stafium. But look at these pictures.....

20221204_135305.jpg 20221204_132828.jpg 20221204_125520.jpg 20221204_122659.jpg 20221204_121811.jpg 20221204_121002.jpg 20221204_135824.jpg

80% there was us. But only 60% of the stadium was full the entire game. I thought maybe the 40% was getting food, beer entertainment. But nope. I was able to get my wife beers, get food, use the restroom without missing a play.

In fact it was like playing "Where's Waldo" for finding a falcon fan.

This, this is why you never ever want to tank.....
    They got ryan... thought they were going to win
    Then spent it on Tony.... thought they would then
    Then traded everything for Julio.... thought the same.
    Tanked again for a DE that eventually walked off the field.
    Their #1/#2 WR ridley literally quit middle of the season and started betting against them.

And all today, their fans and radio on the way home were saying, "we need to start ridder". Falcons are stuck to thinking tanking for better picks can fix it next season.

If a player is at the end of their contract and see this, they want to leave (unless mad money comes their ways).

So for the very few here who say to tank.....
    do you really want to risk losing your elders for a couple unproven rookie picks? Do you want to lose your fan base like this? Because this will happen.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Nothing breaks your heart more than watching a few kids about to cry along their mom where the falcon fans are.

..... I'm thankful knowing steelers will never tank. And I think it's because they watch the tanking teams lose elder players, the struggles, but most of all it crushed fan bases.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. StillCurtain

StillCurtain Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2018
    I've always been proud of the heart and dedication the fan base has always had. I may get down on them at times but im always glad my dad raised me a steeler fan.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I was there for the Peach Bowl last year. Amazing stadium

• Like Like x 2
  5. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I don't even believe it's because they were "tanking", and I'll take your word on that. Atlanta is not a great sports town. The Braves have had some killer clubs over the past 30 plus years and they've had trouble filling the ballpark for playoff games. They've had two NHL franchises that have failed; the Flames moved to Calgary and much more recently the Thrashers moved to Winnipeg and became the reborn Jets. The city seems to have way more passion for the Bulldogs than they ever did for the Falcons.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    When they had fans who went a few years ago. It sucked because they were walking around, instead of cheering on their team.

Something I how we never do.

7. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    I was at a German Christmas festival tonight in Atlanta and saw 5-6 people wearing Steelers clothes and only 1 wearing Falcons clothes.
    As a long time Atlanta resident the reality is that this city only supports winners. It is basically a city of transplants so when the home team is good, going to their game is the cool thing to do. When the home team is bad there are many other things better to do.
    See Miami and Los Angeles

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Agreed Uga #1. Braves get love, but only when after they are hot. The rest you don't know who they are are. Soccer is seeing that now.

However Georgia dome falcons with no hopes, had a pretty decent turn out. This today is just straight horrid.

9. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    I was at the Browns-Falcons game a few weeks ago and saw the same thing. You know ATL is not coming out to support a 5-7 (now 5-8) team. And its not like there are a ton of 2nd and 3rd generation Falcons fans who grew up loving the team like UGA.

• Like Like x 2
  10. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Never been to pit but going to chargers v pit game a few years ago felt like what I imagine being at home would be like.

But that’s game today sure did sound like a home game on tv.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I told my son that there sure are a lot of empty seats in that stadium. I went to a MNF game in the GA Dome back in the 90's and it was at least 50% Steelers fans. Saw U2 the same year in the Dome and was 2 rows from the top. Bono looked to be 2 inches tall and the sound hit us with about a 2 second delay. Worst place ever to see a concert.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    I was floored.
    I always hated going to Atlanta anyway.
    But from the floor looking up, one would have thought they were in Pittsburgh.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Their new stadium is worse on sound. The speakers don't seem to be on the same lines. Then there is a horrible echo.

You almost much rather just put on headphones and look at it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. SCSteeler

SCSteeler New Member

Dec 5, 2022
    I was at the game yesterday and it was crazy how many Steelers fans were there. It was at least a 2:1 Steelers-Falcons ratio but that is probably being generous to the Falcan'ts fans. The stadium itself was amazing and the food and beer was the cheapest I've ever seen at a sporting event other than the Masters. It did get loud for the Falcons at certain points but I'm pretty certain the "fan noise" was piped in or they mic'd up that one section in the corner of the endzone. It was Throwback to the 90's day which was really cool and the production in the stadium was top notch.

Overall it was an excellent experience and I'll definitely go back next time the Steelers are in town.

15. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    I agree on the Falcons but not the Braves. The Braves lost some attendance by choosing to move from Downtown ATL, where there was MARTA. Heck I'm not a Braves fan but used to go to some games via the rail station but they moved to Cobb which has no rail. The move took away many fans who live on the east and south side of town. Nobody wants to be stuck in hours of traffic on a regular basis, just to attend games.

• Like Like x 2
  16. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I am one of those. Used to go to 20-30 Braves games a year. I could leave my house and be parked at the stadium in 10-15 minutes. Haven’t been to a game since the move and won’t. Not dealing with that bull**** traffic and parking fiasco.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    And that is with a 4 year old State of the Art stadium that would rival what most teams have.

Falcons are a weird franchise to me.

• Like Like x 1
  18. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I was really surprised at how empty the stadium was.

• Like Like x 1
  19. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    It’s a very transient city. I met someone that attended the same high school as myself before I met a native Atlantan

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I went to see the Steelers in Miami a few years ago at hard rock stadium and the sound was horrible and unnecessarily loud

It was an unpleasant experience

• Like Like x 2
  21. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    I no longer follow pro baseball but I do remember the years with Maddox and that staff of 16+ winning game season starters. The also have a pro NBA team so I dont understand it. The NFL team is competitive. Is the owner hated?

During the commercial break it looked like Steeler Nation was everywhere when they panned different cameras. Are those tickets ridiculously priced?

Like when I watch a Chiefs game...even when they were average...it always looked like a packed house during the entire game.

• Like Like x 2
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    It maybe the only Pro stadium in the South I haven't been yet.

23. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Have you been to their new stadium? I pull out and I'm on my way home. In Atlanta I would sit for an hour waiting to move 500' to get on the highway.

But yeah no marta it's tough. Plus a lot of people would buy last minute because they were in the city.

..... off subject but my favorite football stadium for location is KC. I'm in and out faster than any quicky I've had.

24. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    I call them failclowns.... used to say fail pigeons. But our field pigeons are winners.

25. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Majority of Miami is old people. So they can't hear anyhow.