1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My observations from the Colts campfire

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blackandgoldpatrol, Nov 28, 2022.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Nobody said the Steelers were a good team, most fans realize this, any road win is a good win.

• Like Like x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Maybe, but You do know that Colts team beat KC, and We beat Cincinnati once, and I bet money We beat Baltimore at least once.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  3. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It’s almost like he’s trying to make it look too easy and is kind of nonchalant with the way he’s catching the ball. Just focus and catch the ball. You don’t need to try to look “too cool for school” with each catch. He’s got the potential to be great, but the receivers primary responsibility is to catch the ball. Good things happen when the ball is caught.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    I look at coaches in the following light. Is the person we have better than who we will be able to get. I don’t judge it game by game. Mike Tomlin is just a flat out good football coach. Not perfect, and not the best, but damn good. And my opinion on this subject won’t change based on a single game. I think he is getting the most out of the talent the team this year.

But I am judging Canada game by game because he doesn’t have Tomlin’s track record of success and has to prove himself every week. He has called some pretty bad games this season, but I think he is getting more comfortable with Pickett as the QB. Frankly, I think Canada calls a better game for Pickett than he did for Ben. But when he calls a good game as he did against Indy I think that is praise worthy for that single game.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He had a great angle on a defender who was already being blocked. Any starting lineman in the NFL should be able to level the guy under those circumstances. It's nice that he can block effectively when he has s good angle, but he still has no business starting at left tackle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    w/ Najee likely out Benny plays, I hope it does manifest into stardom, go Benny go!

For real, I am just looking for a solid game thats balanced run and pass and I think Benny can provide that

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    yeah, and after he made it, he was in no position to go any further downfield or to make a follow-up block.

He went too hard and took himself out of the rest of the play! He keeps his head up and downfield he can hit that then get on one of the linebackers (45 or 44). Maybe the RB gets through there and it's a huge run! Look where Cole is! He's trying to get a hand on a guy in the secondary after getting a little push on his initial help.

8. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    How so? Colts were complaining because they were getting gashed. You better believe if I can run the same play over and over and average 5 yards a pop I'm doing it all day long.

I would be pissed if he wouldn't do that. Keep doing it until they prove they can stop it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  10. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Ya might wana thank Ben,. And the Rest of Cowhers players, throw in AB, and #26 also.. lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Thank you for the kind words, you were much nicer than my 11 grade English teacher, she would color my papers red, like she was as a Pre-Schooler coloring a picture...
    Maybe it paid off...

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Your are right, the whole time Watt was out during his injuries, Austin never or rarely used a safety blitz and used his standard 4 man rush when it wasn't working and not applying enough pressure on the QB. This caused our secondary to give up way too much passes. Every week I was screaming to blitz more then the 4 man rush.

13. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I hadn’t thought of that, but you’re right. The kid did learn from it and made the catch on the next low throw for the two pointer

14. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    The Ravens are overrated. Steelers will win at least one of the 2 games against them. Wouldn't surprise me if we swept them. For some reason, no matter how bad the Steelers are... they match up well against the Ravens. Agree with you on Cowboys, Bengals, Chiefs....... and add Bills, Vikings and Eagles to the list.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    Which is exactly what I said, we were the better bad team Monday.

• Like Like x 1
  16. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    I dont really think we beat Cincinnati the first time, yes we got the W, but if it wasnt for their long snapper being injured we lose in regulation. I know a win is a win, but that fluke of win will probably cost us 4 or 5 spots in the draft.

17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The Bengals got breaks that day, too, including Watt getting hurt late in the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    What, you saw what happened on the 2nd consecutive draw play; McFarland got killed and we lost 3 yards because everyone know it was the same play. Why would you keep doing this all day long? How many negative plays do you want to run Matt Canada?

19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Well, you aren't going to win many games if you don't have good players, news flash good players still need to be coached :shrug:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    You do know they used to run the same plays over and over before Canada. Many teams do it until you adjust and stop it! Just like many were sitting here knowing what the Colts were doing with the TE and they didn't stop it. You're stupid if you go away from what they're not stoping.

21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That isn't true of every play. Draws, for example, rely on fooling the defense. The execution can be great, but if the defense knows it is coming, they can still blow up a draw.

22. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Folks there is alot of bad football being played league wide. Are they not teaching fundamental
    football anymore? I see it at every position, I believe the cba agreement has done a disservice to the NFL.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. ljkjr74

ljkjr74 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    Our red zone attack is terrible.

24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It has been bad all season, but they were good Monday night. In three trips, they scored two touchdowns and kicked a field goal. The latter was due to Pickett's misfire with Pickens open in the end zone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    BA, DL, RG, Hayley, the rb back coach that was here for a long time, the Wr coach that was here ... :hmm::shrug: