1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My draft strategy

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Animus, Nov 2, 2022.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    And now the Rams suck, and may suck for a long time. We don't know anything about Miami yet....besides We dropped 4 ints from their Qb, and anyone of them, and our below average team could have won that game.

2. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Yeah, but the Rams did win a Super Bowl.

How many of those Non-Losing seasons would you give up to win a Super Bowl?

I don't think Chubb played in the Miami game against Pittsburgh. And Miami is still a work in progress getting better with every game.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I myself would not give up any seasons for a SB...., but that's just Me. SB winners that just fade away to become $hi+ teams just look lucky in My eyes. They have mortgage their next 10 years for a SB they almost lost....in two years nobody in their own town will be watching. I've been watching the Steelers since the 70s.....We are almost always relevant.....,and still have 6 SBs.....I like that much better.
    As far as Miami.....they could suck next year.....We see this every year. Remember how great the AFCW was supposed to be this year. LoL. One good team only.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    The Dolphins understood exactly what they were missing and they were going all in on supporting Tua. They took a big gamble and it worked. Look at the Rams now. They have no depth. Long term sustainable success is still built through the draft. However their is value in knowing where you struggle in developing players and the Steelers absolutely struggle drafting and developing CB’s. I am fairly confident with the Front Office we have now their going to focus heavy on the Offensive Line and Defensive Line. They were really good at drafting in those areas for Philadelphia and we have a need on both lines. I would be happy with that being their focus in the draft and going out and getting a blue chip CB in free agency.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    The Rams were already built through the draft and their missing piece was a QB for '21. They negated their future to win now. And won a SB, but hurt themselves in the long game. The Steelers aren't missing just one piece to make such a move. SB Teams aren't built via just first round picks. Their build via quality 2nd and 3rd round picks and hope that the first round guy is stud. You can still find guys like TJ Watt later in the first round, it's not often though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Not to argue, but.....
    The Rams were not built through the draft. Only 25 players on that whole SB 53 man roster were originally drafted , or signed by the Rams.....that's not even half the dang SB team.
    Also if I'm remembering correctly because this part comes from memory only ....12 Starters on the SB team came from other teams....either in trades, or Free Agency. Again more than half.

• Like Like x 1