1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

It doesn't take long to get the team back on track

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Nov 2, 2022.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The OL is more of a priority, they drafted a QB and an RB in the first round recently, it's time to give them some help and invest in the OL early.

• Like Like x 2
  2. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Trade Tomlin for a few 1st round picks to the Panthers or possibly the Raiders or Cardinals and then shell out for Sean Peyton and you could solve a lot of those problems.

The Jets just used 7 first round picks in two consecutive drafts with a smart new HC and it looks like things are much better there. It’s not just because of Sauce Gardner.

The Bucs traded two 1sts and two 2nds for Gruden - so, there is precedent.

3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Trade deadline has passed.

4. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Well, yes… It’s been my mantra for so long now I just can’t stop it.

I’m tryin to get this to become part of the normal conversation and in the common zeitgeist so that it manifests into an actual reality. For next season then. Because as much as I’m trying to make “fetch” happen, and I just know it won’t.

Every time I post on here Art Rooney himself smacks me down with a good ol’ mocking retort. He doesn’t care what I have to say and keeps Tomlin around just to spite me.

Now where are my meds…?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    :facepalm:

6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Who would that be?!

Broderick Jones Jr. or Peter Skornoski would get my vote but that is about it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Paris Johnson is starting to get some hype, maybe trade down a few spots.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Well bc Artie Burns was a tweener first rounder taken at the end of the first. If we draft top 10 we have a shot at a Patrick Surtain II or Sauce Gardiner type player. We never had that drafting at 25 every year. Not that its a guarantee, but I don't think a few fails at the end of the first and second round should deter us from taking a chance at a guy that has top 5 talent if we are drafting between 5 and 10. I dont want us using either of our early seconds on corner. If we are thinking CB we better be thinking corner with the first.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    He wants to see what the money is in FA. I feel like we will have the money to keep Sutton if we want to. Jackson can be cut for basically nothing after this season. He isn't a guarantee to be on the roster. I'm not in love with trading down. We already shipped Claypool for "more picks". Do we realistically get a lot better trading down 5 spots and picking up another second? Idk. I like where we are sitting. Only way I consider trading down is if there isn't a corner we like at our pick and we think we can trade back into a good G and ILB with those picks. I'd expect us to try to keep Edmonds. He's a good player and wont be too expensive. ILB is definitely in play.

The only way its a "one year fix" is if we draft well, sign well, and Pickett becomes a top 12 QB next season.

10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am hoping it doesn't take long. I like our roster. If we could have
    stayed healthy, I think we can compete. Let's hope we hit it out
    of the park this coming draft and Fa agency. And coaching changes.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    It doesn't take long if the front office is competent...It's going to be his first full season in 2023 for Khan so it's going to be interesting what he's going to do....Also the steelers desperately need a new offensive staff!

• Like Like x 1