1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Things Ben says. Need for sticky

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by thorn058, Oct 5, 2022.

1. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Exactly why would you think this needs a sticky unless your point is to just rip on Big Ben continuously. You put the topic into a whole different realm when you stated that.

Ben was great and he had his faults but to take it up a notch like that seems self serving. JMO.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. BAMASteeler

BAMASteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2022
    Pickett is not even in Ben's ball park yet and the chance he get near Ben will not be great... Pickett has a ton to prove before he is Ben status

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    You know that, I know that and any sane person knows it but tell that to men with egos. Watched a documentary on Chuck Noll I think it was A football life possibly, anyway Terry Bradshaw said he was always seeking Chuck's validation or maybe to say he loved him. Chuck's son's response was to say tell him to get in line because he never got that from his Dad why would Terry be any different. Bottom line even with the outpouring of emotions for that last game Ben played and I was emotional that night as well he still feels threatened by certain things. Kenny has a long way to go alright before he is in the conversation but when was the last time they chanted a rookie QB'S name at home games?

4. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    This is pure opinion and not a knock-on Ben or anyone else. I think Ben left before he wanted to and is someone who likes to be still in the news and get attention, who wouldn't in this business. It seems he is making statements regarding the team to remain relevant and still in the conversations around Steeler Nation. Saying Mitch shouldn't be benched is his opinion and nothing wrong with that. I feel that he wants people to really miss him, which we all do to some degree, and keeping Mitch at QB would certainly work towards that end. People sometimes are more vocal about people, places, or things when they are not good or going bad, hence Ben has something to say. Even this TSF thread has 2 pages of comments dedicated to him. Lots of Steeler players are rarely heard from once they leave the team. Others are different obviously. JMO>

5. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    I fully agree with what Ben said. Tomlin handled the whole thing about as stupid as it can get. I do feel bad for Trub because tomlin made him look like a complete turd.

also, u forgot to mention the fact that Ben also said he and KP were texting after the game and Ben was telling KP to not be too hard on himself and keep slinging the ball.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    We should sticky this to show what a class act Ben is.

https://steelersnow.com/ben-roethlisberger-text-kenny-pickett-interview-analysis-steelers-quarterback/

Thankfully for Pickett, Roethlisberger, who threw an interception on his second career passing attempt, could relate.
    “Someone just corrected me … I thought I threw an interception on my first NFL pass,” Roethlisberger said. “It was actually my second. But I did tell Kenny, ‘Hey, listen, I did it too. You’ll be fine.’ So that happened, but they still have life, they’re still going. He rushes for two touchdowns.”

While Pickett appeared to get over that initial blunder quickly, he then threw a second interception on a pass intended for tight end Pat Freiermuth along the sidelines with the Steelers driving.

That one, Roethlisberger said, is eating Pickett up just a bit more.

“And then I think he’s beating himself up a little bit on the [second] interception,” Roethlisberger said. “Kenny texted me like, ‘I gotta throw that one away.’ And I’m like, ‘Listen, you’re talking to a guy that rarely ever threw a ball away, so, you know, just go play with confidence.'”

Ultimately, Roethlisberger was caught off guard by Mike Tomlin’s decision to bring out Pickett.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. BAMASteeler

BAMASteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2022
    Agree they all have egos won't argue that but Ben has no fear of Pickett... Fans live off emotion, I don't put a ton of stock into their chanting and a good coach should not either... Based on play to this point starting Pickett and starting the evaluation process of his future should happen now and the right call IMO.

• Agree Agree x 2