1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

No Rebuild according to Wormley

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Oct 5, 2022.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

Wormley makes some good points.

I sometimes think Diontae and Bush let fans get to them too much and they say things to get under their skin. They are always sparring with them on social media. Maybe not always but definitely have exchanged barbs. Just tune that **** out, play football.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Accurate criticism is hard to ignore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BAMASteeler

BAMASteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2022
    That is great but the team lost their franchise QB the OL is new for the most part and still not very good... The ILB are not 1st team players from on field play.
    It looks like a rebuild but that's nothing to be down on, it happens and I think most know that.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    In my opinion, the signs of a rebuild haven’t happened yet.

Say if the Steelers trade someone like Cam Heyward when they Officially become Eliminated from Playoff contention, that’s the first sign of a rebuild coming next season.

I have seen this past offseason the attempt to add a few pieces here and there to be able to compete for this season.

Accept for the drafting of a QB that was never going to make the team.

5. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Hard to imagine Steelers are 14 point underdogs this Sunday.

I was reading the Steeelers were the only team since the 1970 NFL-AFL merger that were never a 14 point dawg in a NFL game before.

I guess they were 13.5 under dogs in Super Bowl XXX against the Cowboys they did cover that though they lost by 10 in that game.

Truth be told I like them to at least cover it this week. Not sure we beat Buffalo but think we can cover a 14 point spread.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. BAMASteeler

Sep 26, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    they were 2nd and 3rd round picks. cole took over for the vikes starter and never looked back. he was also a starter for the cards. daniels is and was a good player. i believe we are starting to see meyers system coming together for them. every week has been an upward trend. as i have said in the past, these guys have had so many different coaches that it will take time. hopefully we keep them together and the arrow keeps pointing up. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. BAMASteeler

Sep 26, 2022
    Cole is on his 3rd team and if I recall he only went in due to injury. Daniels is an upgrade from Turner but that's not saying a lot. I hope they come together but this team can not afford to keep ignoring OL talent early in up coming drafts. Pass blocking has been a bit better run blocking no so much.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Maybe it's just me but I have a hard time understanding why any professional player in any sport would even bring up the term rebuilding when it comes to being on a team. Is it not the goal of every single player to perform at their very highest level in order to achieve the ultimate goal of winning it all? To me, if any of the players bring up the word then it essentially says they have already thrown in the towel.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    We lost our franchise qb 4 years ago. Sorry to bust your bubble about the o-line, but you’re way off the mark. They’ve improved every week and are now an above average offensive line with with plenty of room for growth. We are a young team offensively there are going to be growing pains

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I mean,What is he gonna say...

13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    We’ve been re-tooling for a decade lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You are correct about almost everything You just said...., and You know what part I say You are wrong about. LoL

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. BAMASteeler

Sep 26, 2022
    You could say that... Makes you wonder why the team limped around with him... Compared to last year's OL it's much better but that is a low bar. I agreed pass blocking has improved has a ways to go, run blocking is awful...

16. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    The offensive line has probably been the most pleasant surprise this season. Dionte huge disappointment Claypool shouldn’t even be in the NFL Najee very underwhelming. The defense has been piss poor as well since TJ got hurt. I know he’s a great player but if one guy makes that much of a difference something with the rest of the players and coaching strategy is way off. I hope we are rebuilding because if they think they are competing that’s pathetic.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So maybe Watt should be not just DPOY, but the freaking MVP

• Like Like x 2
  18. AtlSteel

AtlSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2021
    It's not a rebuild year. We will just suck again.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

My biggest hope is that they elect to sign Pat Meyer long term; same as you.

Between me and you mac, I personally have had with the "Musical Chairs" of Offensive Line Coaches.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  20. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    true for cole but when the starter returned cole outplayed him and remained the starter. he's not all pro but he ain't bad either. if they can progress as a solid unit i'll be happy. they started out bad so each game they can play together the better the unit should get. they will have a test this week. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Agree with this and also glad to see OL improvements game to game. Hopefully they can keep Pickett reasonably clean and give him time to throw. I think we're gonna need at least 4 offensive TDs to be in this game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

yea, i agree AQL. consistency will go a long way. they are fairly young and young playing together as a unit. he has a lot of experience so give it time. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  23. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    agreed. buffalo is a little beat up too. so are we. we have to limit the mistakes. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Boy I hope powder milk gets healthy and gets into rotation, he is needed badly.

25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Who????