1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mitch: potential trade bait before the deadline

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Animus, Oct 3, 2022.

1. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020

I really doubt he'd command more of a market than Mason... but tossing this out there.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    La Canfora is like one of us putting this out there.

I agree they should try to move him but don’t know if they will. Benching him could cause some tension so who knows, maybe this happens.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I guess, perhaps...I mean at least 2 teams played or will play 3rd string Qbs lately. That said I think the 3rd stringer played better than Mitch. That should make the trade value drop in itself lol.

4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    La Canfora is a Ravens Fan through and through. I don't buy anything he says.

• Like Like x 2
  5. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I predict Rudolph will be playing in the CFL within a year.

6. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Yes / yes, with those stats he is putting up i'm sure we will have all kinds of offers for him :rolleyes:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I think Pittsburgh is in a rock and a hard place. You can't move Mason because he is only on final year. They could possibly extend him and cut Mitch. But I think the reason to keep Mitch is to have a tenured QB on the roster. However, I think I would rather have Mason as the backup for his character and team first persona. He could come off the bench should Pickett get hurt and win games. Mason has more of an upside than Mitch. One can only wonder if Mason would be willing to stick around. With next year's draft class it may be hard to get to a team in need that isn't already drafting a QB.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Does MT get demoted from team captain? Was not a huge fan of making him a captain in the 1st place.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I’m taking calls on almost everybody except Pickett, Pickens, Harris, Muth, Watt, and Minkah. I guess DJ too unfortunately.

But I imagine the most likely is Mitch, Rudolph, and Claypool. Rudolph can go for a bag of footballs. But Claypool and Mitch might be able to get decent return from a desperate playoff team at trade deadline.

We need draft picks but honestly doesn’t matter with Tomlin and Co running the show. He will blow picks like he did with Rudolph. Or draft some terrible Maryland player to help make some kids dream come true.

10. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Who is going to trade for Mitch after what we have seen the past four weeks?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Rudolph was a 3rd round draft pick; how did Tomlin blow this pick. He has been a great backup QB since he arrived. I still like his attitude as a backup QB.

It could be worse, he could have been the #2 overall pick and currently playing for his 3rd team at the age of 28.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    “Great backup” LOL

This is how… The rumor is Tomlin fell in love with Rudolph scouting James Washington. We got a 3rd for Bryant.

1) We didn’t even need Rudolph with Dobbs. Dobbs could’ve done everything Rudolph gave us.

2) It ended up being two wasted picks because Ben wouldn’t throw to James Washington because of his connection to Rudolph. You can believe whatever you want but this is a fact.

3) Actually it ended up being 3 wasted picks when you factor in Dobbs getting one year then thrown to the side for a wasted pick on Rudolph.

How stealing a 3rd for Martavis Bryant turned into a nightmare and 3 picks wasted… Dobbs, Rudolph, and James Washington.

Then all the wasted picks on Maryland players, scat backs, drafting a player because a coach has connections, etc. Tomlin is elite at blowing draft capital and picks. This is a fact.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    No one would. Specially not what he is getting paid

14. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    What would you get for Mitch at this point? The world knows he’s done here. He didn’t exactly draw lots of interest as a FA the last two yrs. I doubt you’d get a 5th rounder for him.

15. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I would rather they trade Mason.

16. HisRoyalSweetness

HisRoyalSweetness Active Member

Jun 21, 2022
    Hopefully that's not the case. Surely there has to be someone equally as dumb as Tomlin in this league.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  17. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I believe the players vote on captains?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Yep I think so as well. Guess we all had some wishful thinking that MT could turn it around. Would have been nice if somehow Tomlin overruled that one as hindsight is 20/20 with that being a terrible choice.

19. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    DJ? We can just call Donte Moncreif if we need a guy that can't catch.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    Who would want him after seeing tape of his Steelers starts?

21. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    In all honesty probably Carolina and NE. Belichek can make turds look good and Carolina with 2 number 1's already could go for a trifecta. Mitch's biggest problem is he doesn't want to be Chicago Mitch again but it is what he was brought in to be.

22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Another guy with a Tomlin complex.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    A team like the Colts could use someone like Trubisky. Some one who will protect the ball. they have a solid D and run game.

24. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Given how much Kyle Shanahan likes to literally run his QBs into the ground, perhaps there is a market there. Los Angeles could be another as Matthew Stafford has not fared well thus far. Not too many other teams I could name though.

25. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    He's a hostage now.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3