1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pitt '22

Discussion in 'College Football Talk' started by Animus, Apr 24, 2022.

1. TN Vol Steelers Fan

TN Vol Steelers Fan Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2020

I missed the game since I was in Knoxville watching the Vols. However, Vol fans are concerned about Pitt’s physicality in the trenches, esp D line. Our defensive line is suspect with little linebacker depth. We don’t know why but our starting LB, Mitchell, didn’t play last Sat and will be out this week most likely, too.

You can rest assure that Pitt will pick on #4, CB Burrell. Purdue torched him last yr in the Music City Bowl and Ball state went at him with success.

2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The Vol'S will give Pitt problems, they have players that can match up with Pitt. Our Ol and DL were suppose to be our strong suits this year. WVU freshman ran through our Defensive like it was Swiss cheese. WVU has good team, I believe TN. Is better, Pitt better bring their A game.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Teams from Week 1 to Week 2 are almost always vastly different. I'm not sure there's much we can take from Week 1 and apply it to researching for Week 2. Just the lack of real preseason competition makes things difficult. Just remembering last year, Tennessee was 1 of 3 teams that really hit Pitt's perimeter hard. Unlike Miami and W. Michigan, Tennessee didn't connect with such passes; and if they did, who knows how Pitt's season ultimately turns out. I imagine that Tennessee's passing game will be a bit more refined than it was last year; therefore, Pitt's DB's better have their heads in this game. The DL is really going to need to take control of the game and force Hooker into making mistakes. Rattle him akin to Hartman of Wake Forest. Pitt's D vs Tennessee's O is going to be the battle that decides this game. Potentially losing Rodney Hammond is going to hurt. He's my RB1, even though Izzy is technically the RB1.

My prediction:

Pitt 45
    Tennessee 31

Going to be a tight game with Pitt pulling away late.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Wow, I hope your prediction is right, I am not a big Narduzzi fan. Tn. Has the athletes to give Pitt problems. Our D line men and db's better screw their heads on and our very experienced OL decides to get after it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Good luck Panthers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Pitt goes to 3-1. Saw something for the first time ever. Pitt had a 21 point lead with 70 seconds left. They had just scored on a super easy 18 yard running TD. On the ensuing kick off they did an on-side kick. Turns out the Coaches never called for that. The kid took it upon himself to do it. The Coaches chewed his ass out big time on the sidelines.

In case your wondering, the on-side kick was great. Pitt recovered. Damn young punks, always defying.:rolleyes:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    That is bizzare, that is bush league, that kicker will be disciplined if true?

8. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Geez this game tonight is a replay of the browns debacle. Pretty embarrassing for Pitt

• Like Like x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I hate football now. LoL

10. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Pitt was not ready to play last night, and you wonder why I am not a Narduzzi supporter.
    Much more talent than GT had on the field. Oh well Miami lost previous week to a team they should have never lost to.
    Looks like Clemson and NC State are head and shoulders above all other ACC teams?

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Pitt's OLine and Slovis have absolutely been disappointing. Frankly, I'd go back to Nate Yarnell at QB. Kid showed some promise in his game action. And as @Wardismvp stated, this is definitely my pet peeve of Narduzzi as well. He plays not to lose as opposed to playing to win far too often, which leads to games like Georgia Tech (this year) and W. Michigan (last year). Cignetti 2022 is far worse than the Cignetti led offenses of the late 00's at Pitt.

12. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Very disappointing to date, it is time for Pitt to get it together and quickly. Miami, I think is the team that will give Pitt
    problems going forward. Let's hope we can atleast get to ACC playoffs?

13. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    The biggest problem with Narduzzi is that he fails to realize that style points matter in CFB, especially with a team like Pitt, Wanny had this problem as well. Pitt needs to beat the snot out of everyone by 2 TD's or more, to move up the rankings. We're talking about the same team that took the #8 UT team to overtime with our backup QB that was playing on one leg. This team is capable to play with just about any team in the country, sans OSU, Bama and Georgia; unfortunately, with Narduzzi at the helm, this team is also capable to losing to any team in the country.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    They say he is a defensive coach, but we are constantly in shootouts? The Ville this week, there athletic QB
    could give us real problems. We are also out of the top 25. Thanks Pat.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    What I don't get is how stubborn these coaches are. We could be talking about a buy like Todd Graham or Pat Narduzzi. These guys have almost zero flexibility with their styles. They just throw out anyone to run their system and their system only. To run a cover zero 95% of the game, he needs 4*/5* athletes back there covering the back end. And then with Graham, he had a turtle trying to run the zone-read and then called him out in post-game press conferences, like geezus. There's a plethora of coaches like this. I get it, you have a system. But you need the horses to run such system.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    This is just terrible. I'm just not sure how this defense and Izzy is completely being wasted due to Narduzzi's inability to adjust and his persistence to keep Slovis in the game. I was done with Slovis halfway through the GT game. Heck even the play-calling displayed how little faith Cignetti has in Slovis. You can run Izzy so many times, but not every play is going to be a 50+ yard TD. You have to do other things to drive the ball down the field. Going WildCat a couple of drives was a nice change of pace, but it was something that can't be the entire offense either. I've never seen a coach fall from grace in 7 games before, but here we are. Pitt can still win the division and compete for the ACC ship; however, if Slovis continues playing we might as well just lose out. Yarnell or Patti may not lead the team to the conference championship game either, but we already know that Slovis won't so we might as well go in a different direction. And cue to the post I made 12 days ago.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    And Pitt extended this guy, It is almost as bad as what PSU did with Franklin. I hope Golden Panthers are watching.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Me too!!! In this era of NIL and the transfer portal, returning starters for '23 may just be looking elsewhere. I can't imagine guys like Wayne, Kancy, Baldinaldo and SirVocea being happy that they decided to stay for this.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Narduzzi and his teams have consistently under achieved. Pat's arrow has never been pointing up for me. Let's see Nick Patti.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    NC might put 50 on my Panthers, how much is Narduzzi's buyout?
    Please try Nick Patti Pat.

21. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    and Pitt will put up 50 on their defense
    these games are always a shootout
    cant wait

• Like Like x 1
  22. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I guess if you like that type of game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    7-4 Panthers!!

That got shaky at the end but they held on. I was watching on the ACC channel I obviously have.(didn't know until a few weeks ago) I have no idea who the announcers were but they did a pretty decent job.

I'm sure the hell not complaining but I saw Pitt jump off sides 3-4 times. Once on the last drive Duke had that probably saved their butts. Officials missed them thankfully.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    We still are not in top 25, I can't see the Golden Panthers supporting Heather Like and Pat Narduzzi much longer.
    I guess they are content with 7-5 8-4 teams?

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I mean I agree that a thing called the Golden Panthers can't be supporting Narduzzi much longer... but the question is, do the Golden Panthers even exist today like they did in the 70's into the early 80s? I know there's obviously boosters and NIL can get something like the Golden Panthers back together, in a more modern form.