1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Chicago media had it right about Trubisky

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by JackAttack 5958, Oct 1, 2022.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    upload_2022-10-1_14-8-54.gif

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    how many passes did our receivers drop last week? Did Mitch let a punt doink off his face mask the week before? You act as if players can’t/don’t improve. Because Pickett isn’t ready to start now the end of the world is near? The silliest thing to me is people like you that ignore everything and think you know better than the coaches.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  3. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    What’s even sillier than that is people like you who think that Mitch is somehow going to morph into a halfway competent starting quarterback after Dabol and Josh Allen sprinkled some magic quarterback fairy dust on him last year. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    And please stop with the dropped passes and muffed punt defense. Good quarterbacks overcome those errors and they happen in literally every game played!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He’s an inconsistent, inaccurate, doesn’t see the field well and thats not likely to change no matter how many games they give him. He’s not going to overcome obstacles very often so the team needs to be perfect in every aspect.

I’m more inclined to believe that his starting was a condition of him signing here. As you said, its always been a forgone conclusion. You can make the argument Pickett outplayed him in preseason.

Unless Tomlin is really dense, we will see Pickett in the second half of the season. Thats my bet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    We should see Pickett in the second half of the game tomorrow if Mitch continues his mediocre play.

7. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Bull****

Ben was a hof qb why didn’t he overcome his issues and beat Cleveland in the playoffs? In the super bowl against Green Bay?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Did I ever make such a claim?

9. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Kenny Pickett > Mitch Trubisky :smiley1:

10. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Come on blast that’s some tinfoil hat bs right there

11. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    If that were the case he wouldn’t be riding the pine

12. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    It sorta is starting to sound like you’re wearing the tinfoil hat for mediocre Mitch. :shrug:

13. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Or I’m just not living in a freaking fantasy land like yourself.
    I want Mitch to succeed. If he succeeds that means we are likely winning. That’s what I care about. Unlike yourself. You just want to see the new guy because he’s the new guy. Ignore everything and claim he’s better from the comfort of your living room.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    My comment was in response to your comment that I “ignore everything and think I know better than the coaches.” I’m not saying that I know better than the coaches but coaches aren’t always right. At times they have blind spots and make decisions based on their own biases which aren’t always in alignment with reality. But I do consider myself to be a knowledgeable football fan like you and many on this board and I can say this without reservation; Kenny Pickett is a better distributor of the football than Mitch Trubisky and it’s not even close. Pickett is much better at anticipatory throwing, hitting his receivers in stride so that they can maximize YAC, throwing his receivers open, reading defenses, utilizing the MOF, you know, basically everything that good quarterbacks do and that Mitch has struggled with his entire career. It’s time for Tomlin to turn over the reins to Pickett and see if he can provide the kind of spark they expected when they made him their number one overall pick.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
  15. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    How many opportunities has Mitch had to succeed in the NFL? We’re still waiting.

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Is it though? From the get go, Mitch is organizing camps in Florida, Ben has him over for dinner to give him the whats what. Pickett has a very good preseason, certainly good enough to warrant starting your first rd pick.

You don’t think Trubisky would make sure he was signing on to be a starter? If he wanted to be a backup he could have stayed in Buffalo. I’m sure they discussed what their plans were for the draft. I can tell you right now the Steelers never expected Pickett to be there and that if one of the others they liked fell to them, those guys would benefit from sitting for a year.

I’m not saying it’s anything more than a gentleman’s agreement and that they have to play Mitch if he is stinking out the joint but he hasn’t played bad, just uninspiring. Could simply be, “we’ll give you an honest shot Mitch.” Honest shot would be at least half a season.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Cranny

Cranny Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2017
    I think if Ben was playing this year he wins at least one of these two losses, if not both, by putting the team on his back and calling his own plays at end of game to come from behind. Ben is the main reason Tomlin has never had a losing season!

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    8-8-(1) would be the gold at the end of the rainbow.
    No worries though, the QB whisperer has his eye on Daniel Jones next.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Hallelujah praise the lord

I too believe

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Right.
    While pushing his walker. Ben is/was washed up get over it

Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
  21. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He is a bridge QB, until KP takes over. His accuracy has surprised me and not for the better.
    He is a good athlete and OC should put him in a position to use those skills His processing and anticipation
    is bothering me. I hope he does well meaning the Steelers are doing well. The Steelers have talent to compete
    at a high level, maybe not super bowl talent but playoff talent. barring injuries.

• Agree Agree x 1