1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Chicago media had it right about Trubisky

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by JackAttack 5958, Oct 1, 2022.

1. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Just a few media blurbs from Trubisky’s time in Chicago:

Chicago knows what Trubisky is. Without a perfect situation around him, he’s an 8-8 quarterback who can’t win in the playoffs.
    https://www.sportsmockery.com/chica...at-odds-over-mitch-trubisky-and-its-glorious/

National media outlet says Chicago Bears have the most foolish first-round draft decision of all time

https://atozsports.com/chicago/nati...olish-first-round-draft-decision-of-all-time/

"Trubisky hasn't shown enough to guarantee that he'll be on the roster come 2020, although the Blake Bortles of the North still has plenty of time to grow,"

It’s too premature to say anything. So far, though, Trubisky’s inconsistency, emphasis on running under even moderate pressure, and inflated TD total (from screens/touch passes) are very Bortles-esque.

The accuracy issues have been evident at times this year for Trubisky. There have been chances for him to take over games with deep throws but he has been unable to connect.
    https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-b...ch-Trubisky-criticism--124092872/#124092872_3

For the life of me, I cannot understand why Tomlin stubbornly refuses to open his eyes where Mitch Trubisky is concerned. He is what he is and ain’t what he ain’t. The articles above have it right, he’s at best a mediocre quarterback who must have elite players around him to succeed. He has very good to elite receivers, tight end and running back but he’s still not succeeding. One article talks about how he’s constantly missing on deep throws. Sound familiar?

I know I’m starting to sound like a broken record, but Tomlin needs to make the right decision for this franchise and put Kenny Pickett in now! Not that Pickett is going to magically turn the season around, but if he’s our guy for the next decade plus it’s time for his NFL education to begin. Leaving mediocre Mitch in as the starter is not accomplishing a thing! At least if Pickett is in we can feel like we’re moving forward and allowing the chemistry to develop between Pickett and his outstanding receiving corps instead of continuing to tread water with Trubisky.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. RipTydz

RipTydz Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2022
    Your last sentence was on point. I actually thought Trubisky was a great pick up and questioned the Pickett pick, but I believe I was sadly mistaken. I saw enough from Pickett in preseason to think it's Trubisky is holding this offense back. Pickett was throwing the WRs and TE open while Trubisky was hesitant to throw or overthrowing or throwing the ball out of bounds.

I'd rather work through the growing pains with Pickett then watch an offense with all these weapons be stagnant. It's to be expected with a rookie QB. The sooner we get him in at this point the better or we are just wasting a year of development. You can only learn so much holding a clipboard. Honestly, I think we'd see a different offense when he gets on there.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Steelersfan4life

Steelersfan4life Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2022
    Counting down to when STD responds to this. :cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  4. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    He is a Razorback fan so he is probably gearing up for College football or strumming on his guitar.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I do agree Trub ain't no starter but I got a good feeling he finally has a good game in a Steeler uniform. If he can keep the offense on the field so D can rest I have high hopes the D will smash Zach.

• Like Like x 1
  6. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Because reports out of Steelers practice are trubisky is outplaying Pickett. Assuming that’s true why would he start Pickett or are you a big fan of participation trophies? That’s really what it boils down to. Y’all don’t want Pickett to earn the starting job. Just give it to him.

• Like Like x 1
  7. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I hope the Steelers win, but in a crazy way I think Trubisky having a good game would be counterproductive.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    As a person who watched most of His games....I tried to tell people. Doesn't do any good of having better weapons if You can't....
    1. Find them, and
    2. Get it to them.
    If it had been any other Qb ....I would have said I either liked , or disliked them with nothing much to go on, but I had many games watching this one, and couldn't for the life of Me figure what everyone was hoping for.....I still honestly believe even Mason is better than Him, and Hope K.P. is way better than both.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Do you mean about how Trubisky should be a cornerback?

10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm doing both, and responding. LoL.....We play Alabama today. I will be praying, and playing the fight song on My Guitar many times. LoL

• Like Like x 2
  11. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Practice?! We’re taking about practice?! Lol

Not sure what’s going on in practice, but Pickett clearly outperformed him in pre-season play. I know, I know it was against guys bagging groceries today. :rolleyes:

I’ve been watching football for a long time now and it’s clear to me who the better quarterback is. I don’t give a flying flip what’s happening in practice. I’ll put it this way, if Pickett is getting beaten out by Trubisky then we have much more serious issues at the quarterback position than any of us want. I think this “Trubisky is outplaying Pickett in practice” narrative is a load of crap!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Hope your team kicks arse today.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    We should have drafted a CB....of course I do say this every year. So.....:shrug:

14. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I’m starting to believe that Mason would be a better choice than mediocre Mitch at this point. His strength is the deep ball and we have receivers who can get deep. Mitch is a TERRIBLE deep ball thrower.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Me 2. If not ...We are done, and can only hope for a .....winning season.

16. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Hey…isn’t there an Arkansas message board you guys can take this to. ;):lolol:

17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I don't frequent it. They say I'm not a true Razorbacks fan....because I wasn't born here. When they get upset....it doesn't matter where I went to school, or whom I've rooted for apparently. LoL :shrug: Plus I question a lot of their knowledge of what they are actually seeing. LoL

• Like Like x 1
  18. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Participation trophies it is

19. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I think the argument could be made that Mitch is the guy getting the participation trophy. I’ve said this before, but why is Tomlin giving him the benefit of the doubt given what he’s done in his career up to this point? What we’ve seen the first three games is what he’s always been and what he’ll always be. Seems to me that Tomlin handing the starting job to Mitch has been a forgone conclusion since the day they signed him. :shrug:

• Like Like x 2
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I have to agree with it seems He was just handed it.....now I don't see what's going on in practice, but I did read, see, and hear leading up to the season, and You would think losing Your long time starter.....You would want a actual QB competition, but that's not what I seen , read, or heard.
    Again only one person always got time with the ones in practice, and in the preseason.
    That is not a Qb competition.
    Now for all I know the rest maybe sucking even worse than Trubisky in practice.....I honestly don't know, but if that is true....IMO....We are in trouble then.

• Like Like x 1
  21. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    95D399B0-7E53-486E-9176-CE47A27AA25F.jpeg
    we do have a report that trubisky is outplaying Pickett in practice. It’s recent as well. These coaches see them everyday while you watched a few possessions in preseason. We also have reports of pickett’s struggles in tc. Now he did improve, but that doesn’t mean he has improved enough to start an nfl game. You want to start you have to beat out the guy in front of you. If you can’t do that you keep practicing until you can. It’s that simple. You’re essentially acting like Loyd in dumb and dumber. Stick your fingers in your ears and ignore everything.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
  22. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Careful that Bama doesn’t make you do a Pete Townshend imitation with your guitar.

23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. No matter what happens....that I will not do. I'm not rich Like Pete was, or is. We haven't beaten Alabama since the 1st year Nick S. took over. That was the last time, and I remember people saying......See He won't help them. LoL. Foolish children. LoL

• Like Like x 1
  24. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    At this point we’ll have to agree to disagree. Why aren’t these great practices that Mitch is having translating to actual games? I still think that the “Mitch is better in practice” narrative is one of the silliest things I’ve heard yet! All I’ve got to say is if our number one draft pick is getting beaten out by Mitch Trubisky then this team has a bleak future ahead.

25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    We all knew what Trubisky was but as I have said, me and others were hanging our hopes on that he would elevate his game away from Chicago and after spending a year behind Allen.

Wishful thinking.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1