1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Who do we take with the 4th pick?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hardini68, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Aww come on! Golson was at least injured in practice 3 straight years!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    In need of attention

A friend of Benny

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    If your not the lead dog the view never changes.

• Like Like x 2
  4. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Not seeing any early 1st round OL guys in the next draft. Depending on where we pick, probably LB if early in the 1st round. OT or C if mid to late 1st round. Definitely need OL pick in at least 2nd round.

5. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Any stud ILB's

6. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Don't know about stud ILBs but Henry T. From Bama is a really smart guy. May not be the fastest or strongest but always seems to be in the right place at the right time. He played here at Tenn but jumped ship to Bama after the Jeremy Pruit sh!tshow (can't blame him). I don't see him as 1st round guy but would take him in the 2nd if he was available. Will Anderson is the better Bama LB but he is a pass rusher and wouldn't be available when we pick anyways cause he'll probably go top 5 picks.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    yep - what a crock, taking 2 WR's with our first 4 this year.

Colbert seemed to have boobie trapped us.

Best T on the board, that is who we take. OR just a best of an OL, or linebacker. Or yes, DL too. The TRENCHES Dumlin, the TRENCHES.

2nd round, pick the other of that list....

we win, what - 5 this year?

8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Sadly no Lambert. You know me and I already would have raved about that player if there was a Safety worth taking that high; ILB doubly so. Very seldom do I ever grade them that high; Kyle being the most recent but Minkah being the last one. As for ILB... Both Roquan and Tremaine Edmunds were the last two players I have ever given such a high grade; no other ILB since and that includes both the Devin's (I believe Devin White ended up 5th overall). Could this change via Trenton Simpson by CFBs Seasons end?!... It might. For now though, he is Top 15 at best.

That said however, if by some chance that the team does that bad... oh man... I cannot see a player with more value at that spot than Jalen Carter.... and that includes the Offensive Tackles of this class. A tad bit top heavy but very deep overall. Defensive Tackles though?

Jalen Carter

Brian Breese

This is more or less... the IDL's who can immediately replace Alualu and/or continually beef up that position. Heyward sadly will not be able to play for much longer and Alualu is already not just long in the tooth but now is a liability in Run Support. Crazy to say but check out the previous two games of All 22 tape. He has been lackluster to say the least. Of the two though, Carter.. easily. While I would not ask him to two gap, allow him to do anything else... and I mean... ANYTHING ELSE. He is that damn good and is as Blue Chip as they come; Will Anderson Jr and Bijan Robinson being the other two.

Passing on him would be a big mistake imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Stud ILBs in this class are as follows per my studies;

1.) Trenton Simpson

2.) Herny To'o To'o

3.) Noah Sewell

4.) Jack Campbell

5.) Dee Winters

Now, bear in mind that the first three are the best three. Drop off from there though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    A great report as always. LOL Carter is awesome. Georgia has been incredible at that position recently. I actually live in Urbana, MD and know the Breese family. Many here have been affected by the loss of Brian's sister. I'll admit to some tears at the end of that Clemson game Saturday. Maybe not 4th overall, but if we end up mid 1st round I'd love to add Brian. He's a terrific kid.

11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They lost 3 receivers to free agency, the position needed some big play guys.

12. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    That OL guy from Northwestern is a projected top 10 pick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Were we in this much of panic mode when we started the year 1-3 last year? Idk. Too much complaining to remember. In all seriousness though, I don't know how much more of this offense I can take. We have the playcalling and QB play of a top 5 pick team. Talent of a playoff team (sans the important QB position). I will say we are in a good place. Maybe not for this year, but for the future. Lots of good young players under contract. Potentially the QB of the future on the roster. Top end talent at big time positions. We will be fine moving forward no matter how this year plays out

• Like Like x 1
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Did we panic when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    that was poor planning by the FO. rarely are rookies 'big play guys'.

you HAVE TO WIN in the trenches. Ben had no oline for 2 years. Now a third year of struggling. they are improved, but no where near what is needed to win at the LOS in the game today. when did we last see a hundred yard rushing day? Use to be week in and week out. we are failing with drafts and FA.

16. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    what does 'fine moving forward' mean? being able to field a 53 man roster?

come on man......

17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I think they had 100 yards rushing against the Browns.

18. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    What specifically (outside of OC and QB concerns you most)? We have talented playmakers at the WR, TE and RB positions, and OL that has improved immensely every week (they aren't a liability anymore), and a defense that is as scary as any with a healthy Watt. We have the best defensive player in the league in TJ and the best ball hawking safety in the NFL. How are we not in a fine place moving into the future to field a competitive team? We have many of our good players under contract, we just took at QB in the first round that looks like he could be the real deal. People on here act like were the Jets or something. Like we just have like maybe 6-7 NFL caliber players and are just doomed to top 5 picks for the next half decade. That's a ridiculous take.

Things change fast in this league. Teams can go from 2-14 to the Super Bowl in 2 years (see the Cincinnati Bengals). Who is to say that an OC change and Pickett being the real deal wouldn't make this current roster a contender? This isn't a total rebuild... I could only fathom the idiocy on this board if that were to ACTUALLY happen. We will be just fine. We may not be a playoff team THIS season, but we are far closer to a contender than we are to a perennial top 5 pick team. By a LONG shot.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  19. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    If Steelers pick in the top 5.... BPA at either DE, OT or ILB. Get the best available Strong Safety in Free Agency.

This is basically what I wanted them to do this year. I hope Pickett is gonna be worth it.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    They aren't going to write off Pickett after part of one season as a starter. That just isn't going to happen. I doubt they are spending first-round picks on quarterbacks in consecutive seasons, either.

If they do end up with a top-five pick, I imagine that will be the left tackle they desperately need.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The premise of the OP was that they will have a top-5 pick. I'm not sure they would go for Anderson given that they have Watt and Highsmith, but man, would I love to see a defense with that guy opposite Watt.

22. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    I guess DE would based on how they feel about their young guys. I guess with Heyward's age they might consider drafting one early, but that player would have to be a stud to go in the top 10. Jalen Carter is probably the only guy that could look to be a top half of first round talent, maybe Bresee from Clemson? ILB is another that would need high end talent to get selected that high... is there anyone available at that position? IDK. There will definitely be tackles worth an early pick, so no worries there.

23. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    4th pick why aim so low. If we are going to suck. Suck it for the first.

24. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    I dont think they would write him off either....that doesnt mean they wont take one of the top 3 QBs if one of the three is available if Pickett happens to look less than stellar...and when I say less than stellar I mean worse then Trubisky. If he doesnt play a single snap this season it gives them far more of a excuse for going for a lineman in the draft or a stud CB w/o having to be challenged on why they didnt draft one of the star QBs.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    That would be dumb to draft a DE in the top 5, they just drafted Leal and Loudermilk to play DE, they need to find a NT in the mid rounds like they did with Hargrave.

• Like Like x 1