1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

If we lose against the jets....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Mashburn, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Start pickett

18 vote(s)
    58.1%
  2. Fire Canada

5 vote(s)
    16.1%
  3. Fire Tomlin

8 vote(s)
    25.8%
  1. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    .... what will be the story line Monday?

2. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    A loss would be the beginning of the end for Canada. Possibly an end for Trubisky as well, but that isn’t as certain.

3. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    I see majority of it being to start pickett. Followed up with fire Canada. And then lingering threads on fire Tomlin.

4. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    If we lose to the jets I will tune in the following week and cheer on the Steelers as I have done since being knee high to a grasshopper

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Pickett can start when he outplays trubisky in practice or the steelers are eliminated from the playoffs. Until then go Mitch!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Oh that's a 100% i can't stand it when people want to tank. Our draft picks speak otherwise compared to what the browns and other tanking teams have done

Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  7. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I didn’t see status quo as an option.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    The storyline here on the board or in the rational real world?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't think ... there will be a change. They will ride with Mitch ... until he either, throw 3 it's in one game or an injury. As long as, mitch shows any improvement ... he will continue to be our starting qb

10. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    More so real world

11. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Steelers are stuck in their ways so forget about anything happening to coaches. Replacing Mitch could pose an embarrassment to the organization and therefore he, too, may be locked in until a trigger or some other situation compels KP to enter the picture. JMO>

12. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Well. It depends. I certainly see Mitch getting more negative media attention unless he shines and we lose 31-28 or something like that. He’s been bullseye #1 so far, and was deserving after weeks 1+2.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    The storyline outside of fans will NOT be to fire Tomlin. He’s generally thought of highly outside of Pittsburgh and by fans of 31 other teams.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    There needs to be an option for #1 and #2 combined.

15. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Put out an APB for Pimply Dan. :cool:

16. Dogman

Dogman Member

Aug 16, 2021
    We all know that Tomlin is secure in his job unless he decides to go elsewhere. We can groan all we want, but that is an obvious fact. Personally, I would rather concentrate our displeasure on Canada, the lousy OC not the country. I had high hopes for Trubisky, thought he got a bit of a bum rap in Chicago. However, his mechanics seem to be bad, doesn't step into most throws and won't throw deep or over the middle. Maybe that's on him, but my money is on bad play calling from the OC. It is not possible to have much success running the crap they have been running. Surely there is someone looking for work with more imagination than Canada. Putting Pickett into the mix with the same useless game plan would be wasting his talents.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Nope, you have to pick the greater one.

18. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    We lose the storyline here will be what it's been all season. Tomlin sucks, Canada sucks and start Pickett.

We just got to win this game. I'm sickened to see a Steeler team 1- and a 4 that could go a lot higher:(

19. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Hey Kids...

F-F-Flacco and the Jets!

IMG_4596.jpg

Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    The mantra here will be, and I am plagiarizing the movie Heavy Metal (Stern):

"Tomlin? He should be torn apart into little, tiny pieces and buried alive"

I'll admit, watching Mitch is painful, but I keep hoping he gains some footing. If he can just maintain some drives, this team will win some.

As for firings and such, Pittsburgh doesn't usually do this sort of thing.
    I could see a really poor performance by Mitch could get him benched.
    I think it would take an act of God to see them remove Austin and put Flores in the role.
    Canada? I don't think so either. First, I would need to see a capable OC on staff, I don't.

So unlike "Madden 2022" you can't flush the system 4 games into the season.
    I figure we will have to endure.
    Now 5 minutes after the final whistle of the 2022 regular season, all bets are off.

• Like Like x 1
  21. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    It means Tomlin will still be here defending the play calling and reassuring everyone that Trubisky will start against the Bills. Nothing less.

22. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I'm reading that they are leaning toward starting Zach Wilson who they picked 2nd in draft last year I think. I guess he's healthy enough to play. Not sure if that's good or bad? I'm not really a serious college fan, so know nothing about the guy.

23. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    No all the above?

24. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Both I would believe.

Do not forget Twitter, Discord and Reddit either; YouTube as well haha.

25. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    To answer the question and agreeing with what @Steel_Elvis stated about which, they are as follows;

TheSteelersFans Messgae Board: Start Pickett

Twitter: Fire Canada

Reddit: 50/50 for Start Pickett/Fire Canada

Discord: Start Pickett

Real World: ???

Last one got me there! :lolol:

For me, none of my options are available. I would have Mike Sullivan take over play calling duties while reducing Canada's role within the Offensive Play Calling all together. That said, timing of this is key; again the bye week being my preferred time to do this. Why?

Having Sullivan and Pickett go lockstep for the rest of the rest beats the hell out of merely going with one being limited due to the other inefficient member; Trubisky or Canada. Hell, as much as I want Canada to be fired, Pittsburgh does not fire Coaches in season and have never done that since Chuck Noll took over. The major instance of a play caller's ability being reduced is when Ray Sherman lost his OC Play Calling Duties in 1998 when Bill Cowher had enough. Sherman was jettisoned after the 1998.

Truth be told, if I am Mike Tomlin, the aforementioned route I have been stating for two weeks now is the route I would initiate first. Unlike when Cowher did not have a back up plan, Tomlin does in Sullivan. After Canada's role is reduced, bench Trubisky come the bye week and throw Kenny Pickett out there. Finish the season with Pickett and Sullivan; Sullivan being the OC should he perform well. Jettison Canada at seasons end. :drinks: