1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Is the Steelers next game against the Jets a must win?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    We will win jets game and get 5 others so we don’t get a good draft pick and stay mediocre which is our standard now

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    No

No game other than sudden death is a must win

You must be new here

I’m guessing you still have me on ignore

Wimp

Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
  4. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I'm kind of with you. Always want a win, but more impressed if we attempt to win without not trying to prevent a lose. In other words open the freaking playbook and let the players do what you pay them to do. If we fail but it's a valiant effort you at least can see the possibility and build. I'm not sure there is that mindset however, there is nothing imaginative or progressive in our O scheme..nothing that even attempts to exploit the opposition.

I hear a lot of call for no huddle and that can work for a couple of series, but you can't wing it all the time. I don't see any consistent play calling except doing exactly what has been done. Mindless.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Since we lost last Thursday’s must win game I guess next week IS a must win game

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cranny

Cranny Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2017
    If we don’t beat Jets gonna lose a bunch after that. I would say 5-6 wins max rest of year

7. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
  8. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea it definitely is a Must Win. Everybody else in the division won this week and you cannot lose to a team like the jets at home. A win gets you back to 2-2 and at least keeps you in the division race going into the tough stretch against Buffalo, Tampa, Miami and Philly. Plus Baltimore plays the Bills next week, the Bengals play Miami and the Browns play at Atlanta so all 3 of those teams could lose so everybody could be 2-2 next week if the Steelers win. I agree as well that Pickett needs to start next week and if Trubisky does start the leash should be very very short for him.

9. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea I agree I think they will beat Tampa here at home for some reason. Don’t know why just a gut feeling.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  10. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Must win for what? Lol

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Yea it’s not like if we beat the lowly Jets all of a sudden this team becomes a contender. The Steelers suck doubly so without TJ. Best thing that can happen even though it’s always ****ty watching them lose is a really high draft pick. That’s the only win this year can provide.

I know MT doesn’t want to put KP in but we really do need at least a half of a season from him to see what we have. Let’s say we get a top 3 or 5 pick which is very possible we need to know wether we take another QB or not. You can’t miss on a pick that high.

12. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    After the Jets game in Pittsburgh, they face the Bills in Buffalo, Buccanears in Pittsburgh, Dolphins in Miami, and the Eagles in Philly. It's probably a little early to say a team has to win a game in the first week of October, but the Steelers are in a tough division, and conference. Steelers have to do something. If by the end of week 8, the Steelers have a 4-4 record, that would be good or even a 3-5 record, that will be decent despite that being a losing record. I think the month of October is going to be the Steelers toughest month. So, the game against the Jets is kind of a must win.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    "Must Wins" and "Big Games" do exist.

Pittsburgh has the Jets next and then the schedule turns brutal.
    Ok, brutal only because this year's team is not looking good. Past teams would be the bully on those reaming 14 games.

I'm nervous about throwing Picket in this mix.
    On one hand, he does get OJT.
    On the other, he could be in for a beating.
    Yet on the other (three hands) Mitch is tough to watch.

At this moment, I think they are headed towards a 4-13 season.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Why is everyone thinking we are gonna go 1-4 or 0-5 the next 5 games, yeah it’s a tough schedule, but the NFL is crazy this year.

Jets- lost to Raven and Bengals, won against Cleveland. This is a tiloss up, but I like our chances.

Bills- We beat them last year, they just got beat and only had 2 TD’s. So they are beatable

Tampa Bay, they really aren’t a great football team they are averaging only 17 points a game. We are averaging 18. Brady owned us with the Pats, but I don’t think he will with the Bucs.

Dolphins. This is the only game that I’m pretty sure will be a tough one to win, However, injuries do happen and you never know they could have tons of injuries by time we play them.

Eagles. Yes they are 3-0 and looking good, but they have played Vikings, Commanders and Lions. Let’s see where they are at in week 8 win we face them.

Our nature has always been to get beat by teams that we should beat. And beat some of the teams we aren’t expected to beat.

Watt could possibly be back for the Dolphins and Eagles and that will make a huge impact.

As much as I have not put blame on Mitch, I feel that having Kenny in there would give us a better chance to Win some of these games the next 6 weeks.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    No. This team is NOT making the playoffs. They were never realistically going to make the playoffs. So there is no such thing as a must-win game this season.

16. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    we will be mathematically eliminated by Thanksgiving, worst year in decades.

we blow

17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    We shall see. I'm not giving up yet. A lot can happen. When We do, or if We do get eliminated..
    ...then .....I will have more to say. Right now I think a change at Qb would help, but that's just My opinion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    nope , they were 50-1 odds in my book starting the season. SOME of us knew the AFC was stacked.

We are in the bottom 1/3 of the AFC for sure.

19. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Jets vs. Steelers.... :sleepy:

Mediocrity³

20. VanIsle

VanIsle Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2021
    No it doesn't matter.

Bills
    Bucks
    Dolphins
    Eagles

after the Jets game. . .

Dolphins, Bills, Eagles are 1-3 in the power rankings and Tampa at 5.

I will bet anyone here that they are at best 2 and 6 by the bye week. . . .

21. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    And, of course, you speak from experience - right? :lolol: But seriously, thanks for joining us, we'll take any refreshing advice at this point and you can probably get away with it being an outsider and all. :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 2
  22. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    But I thought Minkah Fitzpatrick blocked you? :lolol:

23. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Major whoopin's are on the horizon. :thumbsdown:

No Watt... no dice. Steelers will go 0-4 before the bye after Jets game.

24. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Not necessarily a must win for the Steelers :rolleyes: but absolutely for this MB - otherwise there will be a cataclysmic riot in cell block #10 without a doubt. :club:

• Like Like x 1
  25. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    aren't they all must wins? if not they should be. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1