1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlins potential replacement

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by METALMAN_68, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Beerburgh

Beerburgh Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2022

I don't disagree. It was just the first name that came to mind. I'm beyond embarrassed that we have all these weapons and no offense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    That’s kind of his specialty.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I'd take Vince Lombardi's football mind, Chuck (K)Noll's motivation, Andy Reid's body type and Paul Bryant's hat.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Bingo. That's a winner.

5. METALMAN_68

Jan 4, 2022
    I guess what I meant was them getting some experience as a coordinator in the NFL first after their jump from college.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
  7. Steel the Win on Sunday

Steel the Win on Sunday Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2016
    Not that I want Tomlin gone but would love an offense mind, say maybe, Eric Bienemy?

8. METALMAN_68

Jan 4, 2022
    Thought about him as well. Not sure why he hasn't gotten a HC job yet. Something about not interviewing well?

9. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Head Coach is more than calling plays. It's management of 53-60 players and coaching staff and dealing with the media and pressure to win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Right and they will be like "He won with Tomlin's players.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    And how many years did Cowher have a QB as good as Ben. I mean Ben prior to the last 3 yrs.

12. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Is QB the only thing that matters in this or you want the number of all pro bowl he had vs what Tomlin had?

13. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I think Tomlin is a players coach I think they play hard for him and like him. I don t think he is tactician , rarely do you ever see any halftime adjustments. NE had an easy time completing passes over the middle and did exactly the same thing in the second half. His clock management has always been in question.
    If you want to compare players look at what Dallas did with Aikman Irving and Emmitt Smith . Tomlin had Ben at his best Brown at his best and Bell at his best and got nothing.

It was a different era Cowhers teams had some incredible defenses and intimidation was still part of the game and he had a great running back in Bettis. But until Ben Cowher didn t have good quarterbacking for a lot of those years.
    Cowher completely out coached Dungy at Indy when the Steelers came out passing and barely ran the ball.
    Ask the whole room and see how many come up with examples of Tomlin out coaching another decent NFL head coach.

14. Holla back

Holla back Member

Jul 10, 2022
    Why aren't we talking about Eric Bienemy OC from Chiefs? Steelers need an offensive minded coach. That's the way the league is heafeded. Highest paid defense and can't stop Jacoby Brisette....Should tell u everything you need to know about which way the league is headed.