1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

On to Thursday

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Sep 19, 2022.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    This could be a very ugly game. Short week and facing off against Chubbs and Hunt.

Chubbs is a monster, Browns did us a favor last time we faced off and didn’t try to run that much, inexplicably they had Baker throw a ton.

Their game plan through the first two weeks has been run heavy in light of having Brisett under center.

Our best bet may be to put Tonya Harding in their tunnel.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 7
  2. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Starting a picket line for Pickett. All are welcome.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think they will be run heavy

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    If Browns don't just run up the gut over and over, they'd be dumber than Cinci... which is entirely possible, so we have chance! :)

I too think this will be an ugly game. Chubbs will get 200 yards.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    The Browns will control the clock with their running game. It wouldn't surprise me to see them have the ball for close to 40 minutes in the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    So if I understand this correctly, they will use the run to set up the run? LOL. Where's Big Snack when we desperately need him? Steelers have been successful in the past when they've somewhat sandbagged other teams and allowed huge gains between the 20's but then clamped down in the RZ and held to FGs. Hopefully this strategy can be resurrected if needed, provided the D doesn't get gassed again. D and/or Special team points would be invaluable with this stagnant O. And no Ike Taylor-esque INT drops again on D. Grab those suckers when gifted with them.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    The one hope is that the Browns coaching staff is one of the worst in the league. They might have a game plan for Jacoby Brissett to throw the ball 50 times. If that's the case then Minkah Fitzpatrick will be his leading receiver.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    If they go run heavy they should win it’s as simple as that

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    I think we will need to score more than 14 offensive points to win. Feels unlikely.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I think the game will be decided by who will play worse, Browns Defense or Steelers offense.

But, think you right expect to see heavy dose rush attack by Cleveland.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Simple gameplan for the Browns:

Offense: run run run, then run it some more. Maybe play action every 10 runs.
    Defense: 10 in the box. The Steelers never throw it in the middle of the field or beyond the sticks anyway. Stuff Najee, make Trubisky throw off his back foot. Najee will stay under 50 yards rushing, Trubisky under 150 yards passing.

12. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    This is what I thought in January with an Injured Baker.

Instead Cleveland let Baker throw 38 time and had Chubb run 12 times. Hopefully Cleveland will try to trick the Steelers Defense again by trying to win it through the Air.

13. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The best help our "could be elite" defense needs is for the offense to do something. Put drives together. keep the ball for a while. Win the time of possession. Score. Do that, and the D will be okay, regardless of what Cleveland tries to do.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    If we win, we're first place. If not, possibly tied for last. Big game in division. Nothing, and I mean nothing, is worse than losing to the Stains, except maybe to the Girls as well. I would hope that we'd get some payback for what they did to us in the playoffs, but I don't think we have that pissed off mindset like in years past. Or am I reading this team wrong? JMO>

• Like Like x 2
  15. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    I honestly believe the less amount of time the Steelers have to prepare the better they are.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Steelers-MT

Steelers-MT Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2017
    If he played i have no doubt we win.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
  17. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  18. StillCurtain

StillCurtain Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Yeah definitely a little nervous myself. O-lines gonna have their hands full. Praying they can dial something up better than yesterday or it's gonna be a long night.

19. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    You never know. Remember the game with the Titans last year when they were running it up and down the field then Vrabel for some reason decided to put the ball in Ryan Tannehill's hands in the second half? That may have been the most idiotic half of coaching I've ever seen. The Browns are fully up to the task of topping that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    INSANITY! Win or Lose!

• Like Like x 1
  21. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    All depends on the Offense.

Unless the Offense can not just sustain drives but score points... this game can and will get out of hand. By the way, not only just get out of hand but out of control very, very quickly. Not having T.J. Watt has proven to be cataclysmic if nothing else for the Front Seven. Teams now simply focus a good portion of their efforts in stopping Cameron Heyward; Alex Highsmith being left one on ones.

Minkah Fitzpatrick is the LITERAL final hope of the Defense. Lose him??.......

@Beerburgh

@Blast Furnace

@Steel_Elvis

@bigbenhotness

@HeinzMustard

@S.T.D

@groutbrook

@Mashburn

@KnoxVegasSteel

&

@mac daddyo

You all I have tagged along with many others may not hear from me for a while. Not due to anger but likely alcohol poisoning! Woodford Reserve, 1800 Anejo and some Voodoo Ranger Atomic Pumpkin are all on standby for that; but a tiny fraction of the Spirits & Craft Beer I have available. :drinks:

No worries though!!! Speed dial is ready!!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  22. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Being serious, our defense played better. He's is a downgrade for a QB but they did pretty good. Don't let the end of the points get to you.

Realize even one drive was a muffed punt with a penalty that moved it half the distance to the field goal. So it was in the red zone.

23. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    The steelers are 5 points underdog against Jacoby Brissett and the Browns...It will be what in week 5 in Buffalo?!

24. Tweezer

Tweezer Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2020
    I have zero confidence to win any game with our current offense. Not even allowing myself to get too worked up until 8 is behind center. With that being said, I feel like our run defense has shown true signs of improvement. The last drive against the Pats* was terrible, but so were the 3 and outs that gave them zero time to breathe.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2