1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How many of the next 6 games do you think the Steelers will win without TJ Watt?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 13, 2022.

1. 6

4 vote(s)
    9.5%
  2. 5

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. 4

16 vote(s)
    38.1%
  4. 3

16 vote(s)
    38.1%
  5. 2

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  6. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    New England @Pittsburgh
    Pittsburgh @Cleveland
    NY Jets @Pittsburgh
    Pittsburgh @Buffalo
    Tampa Bay @Pittsbugh
    Pittsburgh @Miami

2. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Win - New England @Pittsburgh
    Win - Pittsburgh @Cleveland
    Win - NY Jets @Pittsburgh
    Loss - Pittsburgh @Buffalo
    Loss - Tampa Bay @Pittsbugh
    Win - Pittsburgh @Miami

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    If they go 4-2, it's a good run.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Before I answer the poll....What Qb will be starting all 6 of those games???

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Mac Jones
    Jacoby Brisset
    (Maybe Zach Wilson)
    Josh Allen
    Tom Brady
    Tua Tagovailoa

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  6. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Knowing Tomlin...3-3.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I honestly think we will be fine without Watt plus most of those qbs don’t scare me. Josh and Brady are good that’s it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Which QB will be starting for us?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. WC459

WC459 Active Member

Oct 22, 2019
    All of them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  10. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Man, could have used TJ for that Tampa game. Lucky bastard. TJ would have been all over Brady.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Until I hear different, I am going to believe that Watt will not return until after the bye week. November 13th. Missing 7 games.

That would give him a full 2 months off.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 4
  12. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    I said all but i'm going with 1 loss
    The Jets
    THANKS TOMLIN!!!!! LOL

13. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    I hate TJ being out, that guy is a wrecking crew all on his own.
    Pittsburgh is a little shaky in depth, so TJ being out is painful.
    There is also a lot of "Ifs"

Loss - New England @Pittsburgh: NE is tough to gauge. They looked really bad against Miami.
    Win - Pittsburgh @Cleveland: Cleveland has a good roster and those RB's are lethal.
    Win - NY Jets @Pittsburgh: The Jets along with Washington, are QB killers... the worst teams ever to be QB for.
    Loss - Pittsburgh @Buffalo: This team is the team to beat.. Josh Allen is insane talent. This will probably be a beat down.
    Win - Tampa Bay @Pittsbugh: Not scared of Tampa. Get pressure on Brady and you get a win.
    Loss - Pittsburgh @Miami: I think this is a letdown loss. No real reason why.

• Like Like x 1
  14. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    4-2 would be amazing with the two loses being the Jets and Browns in keeping with Mike Tomlin tradition.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  15. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Hoping for 4, but could easily be 3

Only games in there that should be easy wins are NE and NYJ. Both of those teams are bad and both of them will either have a back up QB or a QB that just came off injury. Miami and Cleveland will be interesting. Miami I think is a better team than Cleveland but both can be scary for different reasons. Cleveland should be a win since their passing game is trash. As long as we don't let them run all over us, then we should be just fine. Miami is just an all around decent team... Those two can go either way. And lastly Buffalo and Tampa are good teams. Buffalo may be the best team in the league. We beat them last year in Buffalo, but its going to be tough to repeat that. I don't expect us to win either of those games, but I wouldn't be surprised if we found a way to win one.

With that said, I think 2-4 is the absolute worst that stretch can go and 4-2 is likely the best it will go. I would say 3-3 is likely with a shot at 4-2 if the defense just wins one for us like they did against Cincy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I would flip the miami and tampa bay one. Tampa has a really good defense and Brady still owns us no matter what. If TJ were to play I would pick Pittsburgh.
    I agree we will beat both cleveland(brissket lol) and jets(flacco? wilson?). Buffalo will beat us down definitely. Great defense, great offense. (canada/mitch vs their defense? and no watt...@buffalo??? nah)

3-3 would be really good considering Watt being out. He is more important than Mitch imo lol.

• Like Like x 1
  17. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    as much as we all hate Brady losing to him during this stretch(if we lose...lol we will) would be beneficial in the standings. The rest are AFC

18. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I think the Steelers defense is more equipped to handle losing Watt long term then they were a year ago. This year you have guys like Myles Jack, Ogunjobi, Malik Reed, and Tyson Alualu who is back from injury all whom were not on the roster last season playing and that can and will make a huge huge difference I believe. I think they can go 4-3 in the next 7 games and be 5-3 going into the Saints game at home after the bye week. And if that is indeed the case if they are 5-3 I’m gonna say that should put them in pretty good shape to still contend for the AFC North title with 9 games left with Watt hopefully available for all 9 of those remaining games.

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  19. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Agreed. I will be at that game and I was so looking forward to watching Tom get abused.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I agree. We just need to continue to stay healthy as long as Watt is out. We still have a lot of great players on the defense and they are healthy (unlike last year). Will it be as good without Watt? No. Can it still be really dang good? Yes.

I think 5-3 would definitely put us in contention for the AFC North title. Especially if we can take care of business against the Browns. If we can win that one and be 5-3 or better, that puts us 2-0 in the North with 3 of the final 4 games remaining being home games (Bengals, Browns, Ravens, @Ravens). The out of division games being Saints, @Falcons, @Panthers, Raiders, looks a lot easier than Pats, Jets, @Bills, Bucs, @Dolphins, @Eagles. Having Watt for that final stretch will be huge. None of this matters though if our offense cant be more competent though. Our defense went -13 to the Bengals (20 given up, 7 scored) and it still took OT to win. That isn't going happen most weeks. If the offense cant do better than +13.... then we are probably looking at a 3-5 record instead. They have a lot of work to do, but there is a ton of talent on that side of the ball. I think they can figure it out at some point.

21. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I think there are posters going to the Bills game and the TBB game. I'm probably going to Eagle game.

Watt should absolutely be back for those games. I just want any members who put the effort into seeing the Steelers to get to see Watt live. Hell I already bought a spyglass to follow him on the field.

22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    On Our team....smart A$$...LoL :lolol:

23. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Me and a buddy had been planning on going to the Jets game. However, I think we have decided to hold off and just go to the one against Cincinnati. We wanna see Watt play.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I hope 4-2 but 3-3 seems more realistic

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    I think 3-3 is right, would love 4-2 though!