1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Upcoming games without Watt…

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Sep 13, 2022.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Assuming he is out 6 weeks he is probably going to miss the next 7 games and would come back for the game with the Saints here at home on Nov 13th. I think they can 4-3 in the 7 games he misses. Here they are

Pats-Win
    at Browns-Win
    Jets-Win
    at Bills-Loss
    Bucs-Loss
    Split road games at Miami and at Philly

The key is gonna be winning the next 3 weeks against sub par Quarterbacks in Mac Jones assuming he plays or the Pats backup who I believe is Brian Hoyer, Jacoby Brissett for the Browns, and Joe Flacco for the Jets. They should be able to win those next 3 even without Watt if they are a top 5 defense like Tomlin claims they are. So if you can somehow win those 3 games and just go 1-3 in the Bills,Bucs,Dolphins, Eagles stretch which I think they can and will do you are sitting at 5-3 when Watt comes back after the bye for the home game with the Saints which is winnable and then you would still have him for both Ravens game and the home game with Cincy on Sunday night the following week after the Saints game.

So all in all not too bad of a hand to be dealt and it’s one I definitely think the Steelers can survive without TJ and still be very very much in contention when he returns.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I don't see at browns as a win. Also don't see them splitting with Miami and philly.

3. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    I see 7-0.

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Let's take one game at a time. I think Mac Jones is playing and we are
    Going against possibly best coach ever. With our Ol and offensive play calling
    We will have our hands full each and every week. But I like your optimism.

5. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    The real question is, will he be healed in 6 weeks?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    They talked about that on 93.7 The Fan today. The first game back he will probably at most be in on 50% of the snaps and progress from there each game as long as he doesn't aggravate the injury.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    Nope! I agree with your other posts. He's done for the year. Hence, a second opinion and all this hush time now. These guys get primo medical attention and care. They knew within hours after the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I think he will be out until after the bye week. (7 games without Watt.) Does he really need to return for the NFC Eagles game?

Now who is complaining about having an early bye week? :)

Back November 13th. 2 months later.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    We're beating the Bills. I'm driving 9 hours, spending 4 days and shelling out a bunch of money to take my son to that game. The Steelers are winning that one even if I have to call Tonya Harding to do a Nancy (Josh Allen) Kerrigan for the W.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Win - New England @Pittsburgh
    Win - Pittsburgh @Cleveland
    Win - NY Jets @Pittsburgh
    Loss - Pittsburgh @Buffalo
    Loss - Tampa Bay @Pittsbugh
    Win - Pittsburgh @Miami

11. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    The timeline can be hazy. Some people heal super fast while others don’t. He could sit 6. Or more. Or less. I wouldn’t start counting the games Watt will miss just yet.

Also, a lot can change in the NFL. Hurts just led his team in rushing attempts last week with 17. If he does that every game then he could get hurt. Who knows. Injuries can happen to anyone on pretty much any play.

We have an easier stretch the next 3 games and then a stretch of really tough games. Let’s just hope that Highsmith and the others can step up for a few weeks while Watt is out. If they do, we have a defense good enough to keep us in any game this year.

• Like Like x 1