1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Love me some Minkah!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bleednblackngold, Sep 11, 2022.

1. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I just love how he plays. Slapping ball out of Mixon 's hand when he tries to celebrate, tries to inflict max pain when he tackles...not to mention scoring TD's and blocking kicks
    He just never gives up

• Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    i'm so glad the Steelers extended him. He's the best safety in the NFL

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He was amazing today!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Yep. Lost in all the injuries talk is the fact that Minka played lights out today. Pick 6, blocked kick, numerous pass defenses. That's a career for many.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He also tackled well today, something that was a problem at times last season. He really looked great. I wonder how much of that was the inside linebackers not sucking today, allowing him to just do his job.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He led the team in tackles last season as a free safety....that should never happen.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    He did, but he also missed quite a few. He took some bad angles and got run over at times. That didn't happen yesterday.

• Like Like x 1
  8. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Minkah had more impact yesterday than Edmunds has had in his entire Steelers career, and that's not an exaggeration.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    And some questioned. And were wrong. Glad he dons the Black&Gold. He is a hard nosed Steeler. I like that kind of party.

We will need his major contributions and leadership going forward. It was also great to see Alex Highsmith ratcheting up his play. All hands on deck with the loss of TJ Watt. For how long who knows.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Weird stat: Yesterday we had 4 interceptions (and I'm still trying to figure out why Cam’s was a fumble and not an interception).
    Last year we got our 4th interception in week 11.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Minkah had a monstrous day against the Bengals. 14 tackles, a pick six, a pass broken up in the end zone and a blocked XP that would've won the game for the Bengals. Like others have pointed out the stat line doesn't include the leadership and swagger that he showed on the field.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Possibly his best as a pro?

• Like Like x 1
  13. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Given the fact that Minkah was essentially considered "bust proof" by many, if not all national outlets heading into the 2018 NFL Draft, there would be something wrong if he did not. For that matter, Cleveland should be thanked for as well given how they botched that draft as a whole. Yes, Denzel Ward is no doubt a Great Corner but to say he is a Top 5 Corner right now?!?!... that is tough to say indeed.

I can say with confidence that Minkah is a Top 3 Safety at worst; the best Safety in Football when he is at his best. That much was confirmed yesterday. Truth be told, I believe that Minkah Fitzpatrick has the potential to win NFL DPOY... even with Micah Parsons, Myles Garrett, Khalil Mack (who seemingly has returned) and of course Aaron Donald.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Minkah Magic. :steelflag::steelflag::steelflag:

He is well on his way. As I stated many times last season, Minkah was placed in near unwinnable situations and yet somehow, someway found a way to make lemonade from the worst type of lemons. I seriously doubt that happens again this season health permitting.

• Like Like x 2
  15. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    If I poked around the NFL stats I could probably find undrafted players who's week 1 had more impact than Edmunds entire career.

• Like Like x 1
  16. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Hmm...

Fair enough. Agree to disagree.

17. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016

• Like Like x 5
  18. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    That’s a ridiculous statement lol I get not loving the Edmunds pick, but this is just hilariously wrong

19. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Minkah won the game for us. Game MVP.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    That was an obvious exaggeration (I think, I didn't check the stats) but you get my point .

PSA: If anyone had this avatar pic before me I'll gladly switch. I know it's against the rules on some sites to copy an already used avatar.

• Like Like x 1
  21. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Everyone on here wanted that ball-hawking safety like Ed Reed. Minkah plays very similarly to Reed. I’m not saying he’s as good as Reed (going to have to play a lot of stupid good football to compare to Ed), but he plays a very similar game. Every time he gets his hands on the ball he’s a threat to score. The blocked kicks thing was something Reed was tremendous at too (Minkah was robbed of a blocked FG TD last year vs GB on a phantom offsides call). The ultimate ballhawk. They both can lay the wood when they want to as well. What a great player. And totally worth the pick via trade and the ensuing contract.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

He deserves AFC defensive player of the week.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He was a wrecking ball out there. That he blocked the xp after Chase flipped him off is hilarious. Pathetic little Bengals.

The whole D was fired up, they obviously had this game circled all offseason.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    He wasn't just making great plays. He was physical, perhaps a little too physical. He did draw take personal fouls and easily could have been called for a third for the hit on Higgins.