1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Colberts Biggest BUST

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Dusty1, Aug 14, 2022.

1. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    I know who 55 is glen it was a joke but you are unable to knowthat

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    We need an ILB who has a high football IQ. Bush will never be one of those field general ILBs because he doesn't have the smarts. He doesn't even look like he can be a capable complimentary ILB at this point. Farrior and Shazier both had great football instincts. Farrior especially, as Shazier was able to make up for occasional mental lapses with his freakish athletic ability. We've really missed having a guy like that right smack in the middle of the defense. You can't teach instincts, you either have it in you or you don't.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Losing Shazier was devastating to the Steelers franchise and any chance for Ben to win another playoff game. Truth!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Spillane isn't much better, have you seen him in coverage?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I agree, but Spillane wasn't a 1st round pick that gave up 3 other picks in the year he was drafted.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Their options aren't that great right now, if he doesn't play better he will get pulled from the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. NewMexicoLobo

NewMexicoLobo Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2021
    Get Mark Robinson ready to play!

I know. Easier said than done.

8. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    forgive me oh flawless one. You’re correct it wasn’t a textbook pancake block. Scott only ended up on his backside and then side. However, he was still completely washed out of the play. In the process of not being pancaked he didn’t do his job

9. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    I hope Flores can fix that but that clip coud have been last year. He is not attacking because it seems he cant process for whatever reasons. So frustrating how slow he has become to mentally and physically diagnose. He is going to be exploited as a liability. Hope I am so wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    You know I was just thinking exactly that..he may not always was able to wrap up but he was so disruptive.

11. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Imagine how good he would be now with experience. He would play more like a James Farrior than a human missile. Steelers with Jack and Shazier in the middle would be badass. Sucks how things turned out.

• Winner Winner x 2
  12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I know it was a joke. That’s why I face palmed you.

13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    When it comes to bush I think the proper word is “trimmed”

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  14. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I would sit Bush and play the young guys Mark Robinson and Buddy Johnson. Sure they played poorly but at least they are hustling and trying their best. Robinson's strip sack won the game last night, when was the last time Bush made an impactful play like that.

• Like Like x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Problem is .....Who do we go with then:shrug:

16. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    ok I apologize

• Like Like x 2
  17. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    No, he didn't, but he also wasn't the reason Bush didn't do his job on the play. Bush took himself out of the play, as he often does.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That was a coaching sack, though Robinson did a great job on the hit. They ran a blitz that got him a free run at the quarterback. That's exactly what you are supposed to do in that situation. Robinson did a great job delivering a big hit, doing it cleanly, and hitting the ball. Unfortunately, he wasn't doing the job in coverage and didn't really show up against the run.

19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That really isn't relevant to whether or not Bush should make the team.

I don't think they will cut him, but they need to have a quick hook if he keeps playing like this. Tomlin stuck with some guys way too long last season, specifically Bush and Green.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Nah, his biggest bust is Jarvis Jones. At least Bush looked like a solid player up until his injury. Jones never looked like anything more than a scrub.

Bush just hurts more because of how much we gave up in the trade to get him. We really needed him to turn out and for one reason or another the injury appears to have ruined his speed and/or confidence. It changed him. Which blows for him and for us.

Senquez Golson and Mike Adams were pretty rough picks too. Golson was permanently injured and Adams just ended up sucking. Feels bad for second round picks. James Washington was a lame one, and so was Limas Sweed. Alonzo Jackson was rough and Ricardo Colclough was a bad miss too. Ziggy Hood was underwhelming but at least an NFL caliber player. Artie Burns sucked pretty badly. Davis was meh. NFL caliber but not great.

3rd or later is too much of a crap shoot for me to grade too harshly there.

• Like Like x 1
  21. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Every time. He's afraid of contact and its SUPER painful to watch.

• Like Like x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You left out Edmunds.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Nah. Dudes that are solid enough NFL caliber players but just didn’t live up to their draft status doesn’t make them a bust. The only part that sucks about Edmunds is the fact that Jesse Bates plays the same position and we passed on him for Edmunds. That was clearly the wrong decision in hindsight. But Edmunds doesn’t suck. Is he a first round hit? No. But he’s no worse than someone like Mendenhall and that guy was FAR from being a bust.

24. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Edmunds doesn’t suck? In exactly what way doesn’t he suck. He sucks.

25. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Yeah. He doesn’t suck. Jarvis Jones sucked. Artie Burns sucked. Edmunds has far outplayed either of those players. The guy averages 85 total tackles a year, just under 1 sack, just over one pick, and just over 5 passes defended per year. He’s been a starter since day 1. He’s fine. Mediocre starting safety.

People just think he sucks for two reasons. He was viewed as a draft day reach since day 1 and because he doesn’t get turnovers. He’s actually a decent player. He was just hyped as a guy they felt had some ball skills and those never panned out at the NFL level. He doesn’t stand out. Fine enough player, but he will never get recognized because he doesn’t have that splash play factor.

• Agree Agree x 1