1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Colberts Biggest BUST

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Dusty1, Aug 14, 2022.

1. Dusty1

Dusty1 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Why is D Bush on this team? Absolute garbage. Our secondary guys are paying the price for Bush’s unwillingness to play ball in front of them and take on contact.

has to be Colberts biggest BUST!

• Like Like x 1
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Rarrrrr

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    In fairness to the front office and to Colbert he was playing ok before that ACL tear and was looking like a very good ILB in the making. The injury seems to have ruined him, he just isn’t the same player for whatever reason.

I do wonder if it’s partly mental, he had that weird meltdown on Twitter last offseason etc. I really hope he turns it around but it’s more unlikely than likely at this stage I guess.

They have big upcoming needs at other important positions, most notably OT, IDL and CB so using another Day 1 pick on a ILB in 2023 is not feasible IMO. Hopefully Myles Jack works out.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

not sure those are more pressing needs. if they are going to play that two down linemen defense, ILB is pretty important to that. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Sometimes getting the biggest bust and bush is a good thing. :hehehe:

Alright. Alright. I'll show myself out.....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 13
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    It is for sure. I’d stay away on day 1 at the very least. A lot of the top off ball linebackers in the league are from rounds 2-3-4. That’s not really the case with the other positions I mentioned, with some notable exceptions of course.

• Like Like x 1
  7. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Wonder? Its all mental at this stage I believe. I didn't see the game but from what has been said their is no change from last season. Not a good sign.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Jarvis Jones is still the biggest bust in the Colbert era.Jones has never been good.6 sacks in 4 years and this is not because of the playing time

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yeah this.....If He's not....He might dang close.

10. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    we gave up draft capital to select Bush. Makes him a bigger bust in my view. But why quibble? Both are horrendous

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Worse than Artie Burns?

• Like Like x 1
  12. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

A significant factor is the play of the d-line. We didn’t play heyward, ogunjobi, adams, alualu, watt, or highsmith. The lineman we did trot out their definitely took their lumps/got washed out of plays. That leaves linebackers covered up by offensive linemen. As we witnessed last year that doesn’t help things at all.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

Yikes

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It is definitely mental at this point. He looked like exactly the same player as last season. He just hesitates on almost every play and seems far too focused on avoiding contact. The problem is that none of the guys behind him are good. Spillane will play physical, but he is just a disaster in coverage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Maybe not, but look at the play steelersrule6 posted. Bush either hesitates too long or overruns the play almost every time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Yup. I don't think they are getting Smith, but they need an inside linebacker. Jack was the only one who was even competent last night.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    The de gets pancaked into bush on that play. I don’t know that bush would have made the tackle, but holy ****

I think that was Delontae Scott an OLB that got pancaked and not a de. It doesn’t matter though. Everyone has to do their job. When they don’t you see plays like that.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Who in the heck was 55????? He looked AWFUL on that run.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    He didn't get pancaked. Pancaked means he was on his back. It was Scott and he did get pushed backward, but I'm not sure either of them ever made contact with Bush. I am sure that neither of them would have been in Bush's way if he hadn't overpursued. He had nobody blocking him. All he had to do was locate and attack the ball. A good linebacker blows that play up for minimal gain if anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

[

Looks like he is moving in quicksand out there. RB ran right by him twice. He’s slow to diagnose and slow to react. Even the hustle is lacking.

His attitude is terrible, we all heard that interview with him, he thinks he is some world talent that can get by on that alone. Nope.

• Agree Agree x 3
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I hate 2 say it....because before He got injured.....I thought He was trending up, but He just looks lost out there now. What 2 do???
    They can't leave Him out there doing these things, and I'm not sure those behind Him are much better. :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    :facepalm:

24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I think that is why they keep giving him so many chances. The options behind him just aren't good. Bush has the physical talent to do the job. He was at least decent before the injury. Forget developing into a star. If he could just be what he was before he blew out his knee, that would be all this defense needs. He just can't seem to do that.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Bush needs to be cut. Cowher cut Jamain Stephens....Tomlin needs to cut Bush. 1st round doesn't matter. If a player sucks...then he needs to get on with his life's work.

• Agree Agree x 3