1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Gameday Thread: Seahawks vs Steelers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BigBensBigBong, Aug 13, 2022.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Kenny Pickett, George Pickens and DeMarvin Leal... that is quite the first impression; big plays by all three. Something tells me that all three will have bigger roles than even I initially thought; doubly so in Leal's case. Given how the IDL looked tonight... my best bet would be that Leal could potentially play double digit games.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Hopefully we will get to see our starting defense for a few series next week.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I am personally excited to see Calvin Austin III!

Cannot wait for his grand debut. It will be oh most definitely worth the wait.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I think so. There's so much riding on this preseason with the roster turnover. I was really pleased with what I saw from the offense. I thought all three QB's brought energy and enthusiasm. I love both Pickens and Warren. Olszewski and Teague both looked good as well.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. aregeejay

aregeejay Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2014
    I'm happy for Pickett......local boy does good. It's obvious the crowd is in his corner. Though it was only one preseason game, Pickett's poise showed some guts and fortitude. I look forward to seeing him play again.....

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Did you like what you saw from Warren? Were you surprised?

7. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Man, I'm so sorry.

8. Steelers-MT

Steelers-MT Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2017
    Pitt fans knew what was coming with pickett, never missed a game.
    we got a good qb.

• Like Like x 2
  9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I was lucky. I found a really good local feed on vipleague right away. Great quality and no commercials.

10. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Agreed. Showing he can doing a TD off the start is nice. But he showed he's not afraid of a 2 point conversion. And then he showed he can handle a 2 mine drill to finish the game with a TD.

Let's see how the next couple games go for him.

But I'm still 90% sure i want him to sit and watch for the entire season. Just so he can learn and be stronger when he starts next year or in a few years.

11. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I thought Mason Rudolph looked better than I have seen him since before he was knocked out by the Ravens. The ironic thing is that the other 2 QB's looked better tonight.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Fixed that for you. "S"

13. Woodson two-six

Woodson two-six Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2019
    Good game!

My take here (from one game):

Offense:
    The backs and receivers are twitchy and tough! Pickens is an absolute stud! The O Line (this starting group at least)over performed and I hope they continue! TE/HBs are athletic and tough (like to see more lead plays).

QBs: This is still an open battle, if we want to see the best guy to give the Steelers a chance to win! Let's not kid ourselves, KP is not going to do that all season against starting NFL defenses. KP is more athletic than I thought but he still needs to learn how to throw the ball away. The edge goes to MT and MR. They have seen a lot of actual NFL action and can anticipate what they'll be facing in the reg. season. I think Mitch made some tough throws tonight (stood in the face of a hit and delivered). Mason looks like a new player. The light may have turned on for him (finally)?! Let's see game two but as of right now, I say it's; MT and MR 1 and 1B and KP is #2. Remember, it is preseason game number 1. And KP did look like a rookie on a few plays. Great finish but it was not a perfect game (for any of them) by any means!

Defense: The back-up units are a little sketchy. But I will say, as a PAC 12 fan here, Myles Jack and H Rashed are two amazing signs for project players. Hamilcar, with strength upgrade and coaching, could be another Joey Porter type guy! And for those who don't know, Myles Jack was a two way player for UCLA (RB and LB). For a D1 player, that is incredible!!!

I have no worries, with TJ and the starters on D. The offense will be the group that needs to prove itself (especially the QB).

Could be a really special year!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    All qbs with over a 100 rating. Pickett with the best

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  15. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Sorry if this has already been posted but LOL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  16. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Shout out to leglue. If you weren't watching, he had a good game. Teague, Warren and McFarland had good games. Daniels needs to work on pass protection. Many good performances tonight, but just as many things to work on. Kenny may not get that smile off his face for a while. :cool:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

More often than not though, that first game is the most important one. Yes, it was not a Regular Season one for Kenny. That said, progress and growth from OTAs is what was many of us were looking forward to.

Now, does he still have some things to work on?! Of course as many Rookies do; doubly so QBs. That said however, Kenny's ups far exceeded his downs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah, even with the sacks, I liked what I saw out of Pickett a little better than Rudolph.

He had a couple arm throws that he needs to watch out for against better corners.

he just steps into all the throws better right now as a rookie than Mason.

19. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I am all for John Leglue to be the backup to James Daniels. For that matter, add in the likes of Joe Haeg to be the swing tackle instead of Trent Scott. Oh please, please, please Steelers.. make that happen. Scott looked overmatched too often for my liking.

Regarding Kenny, could not be happier for him if I tried. Finally got that first taste of NFL Victory. Most of all though, I can see that he is not just eager for more but more than willing to put the work in to do so.

20. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    I knew nothing about Hamilcar Rashed until tonight. He seems pretty fast.
    All three QBs looked quite good.
    Oline seems adequate.
    The run defense at times looked like it has looked the last several years. Missed tackles will kill you. I realize that we are seeing the FUDA (Future Uber Drivers of America), but…..Yuck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. cboath

cboath Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Based only on tonight, there's no reason to force Pickett in to start the season. The other 2 will be fine to start off. However, if Pickett continues at the pace of the last 2 weeks, i think he can find his way in there this season sometime. But there's no need to rush it at all. Remember, this was the plan for Ben, too, sit year 1. Then the plans went off the rail week 2 and the rest is history. But, he should overtake them both by next camp at the latest unless of them explodes onto the scene during the season.

• Like Like x 1
  22. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Happy with Pickett`s play. I can see he thinks about what he is doing, not just reacting.

Even when things went bad like when he was going to get sacked. He did not panic and make a desperation throw. He took the sack and did not fumble.

On a fourth down when he had nobody open, he correctly extended the play risking a few yards in hopes to make a play. Fourth down is a different animal of a down because you have to take some risk, but not do something stupid either. I see too many QB`s give up early on 4th down plays.

I saw him doing his reads, making decisions if he should run or not. This guy is a thinker and I like it.

• Like Like x 1
  23. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Warren has not surprised me one bit as I was excited we got him as a UFDA. I had a 6th Round Grade on him and thought he would not be able. Happy that he was and doubly so he chose Pittsburgh.

Might be a bit overexcited here but I will not be surprised that, health permitting, Jalyen Warren not only makes the Final 53 but also wins the back up spot to Najee Harris.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  24. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    Its funny because the way the draft is played out you expect the typical video of the player surrounded by friends and family as then he gets picked and you see this reaction. lol

• Like Like x 1
  25. cboath

cboath Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2018
    You'll be hard pressed to find a qb in history who had nothing to work on still in year 1, 2 or 3. There's always things to get better at. When someone claims they have nothing to work on, especially that early, you've got a problem IMO.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1