1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Kyler Murray HUGE extension

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Rollers, Jul 21, 2022.

1. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Sorry Kyler 230 mill!!!!! Five years

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
  3. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    The market...is nuts. Lol.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    This is awesome; it means Lamar's head is now going to explode.!!!

I am a big time basher of Lamar "One Look" Jackson, but he is definitely better than the little mini-mi Kyler Murray.
    upload_2022-7-21_17-31-2.png

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  5. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I don't know if you were going for a joke with the Headline: "Kyler Murray HUGE extension" Sorry Kyler 230 mill!!!!!???

230 millimeters converts to 9.05 inches. It may not be a crazy HUGE extension, but there is nothing to be sorry about there. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    These contracts are stupid. I don't blame any player for getting paid; I blame the owners for paying them. At some point a savy GM will follow the Rams path of building a great team and getting an above average QB. The other path is like the Chiefs or Seahawks in having a QB on a rookie deal. Once you get the franchise QB beyond the rookie deal; your chances of winning a SB are slim-to-none because it becomes impossible to keep the team together to win a SB. Keep paying QBs 1/4th the cap space...

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    160 million guarenteed. I remember Murray's playoff game against the Rams last year he was panicked, the moment was too big for him. The Cards better hope that was just a fluke or they just spent a lot of money for nothing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Exactly the thing I was thinking about.
    I think He's a good player, but that playoff game,and His size would scare Me if I was an Arizona fan.

• Like Like x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This.....
    Also this is another reason I don't want 2 wait on Pickett....
    Play Him now.

10. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020

I'm not for nor against playing Pickett now. I want to see this play out and will concede this to the coaches. If Pickett does start, I'd imagine that it'll be after the bye week.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Mistake, but only my opinion. Too much money too early.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Baltimore is f***ed. Haha! Go on, pay this "athlete" 50 million a year to be your QB. I don't think Kenny Pickett will be any better, but we're not paying him 50 million a year .

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I just don't want 2 see Him sit on the bench one whole year, and then if He's good ,or not....We only get maybe 2 years before We have 2 pay out the yin yang for Him.
    Plus....I've always believed You will either be good , or not, and You will know one way ,or another within 3 years.
    Not saying He will take You 2 the SB right off, or not, but You will see at least flashes of what 2 look forward 2.
    The only way I don't start Him is if the OLINE is as bad as last year. JMO.

14. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I believe that to be true as well. My faith in Kenny Pickett, as a franchise QB, is quite low. As it should be. How often does it happen? Especially when you're talking about a guy with very limited physical traits? Yeah, yeah, I know that Brady didn't have a Rogers arm either, but there is always the one in a million chance.
    His little girl sized hands, in the snow, don't bolster my optimism much either. It's a shame that the year that we need a QB yields, potentially, the worst class in HISTORY.

Now, if this guy sucks, which he probably will, we have to suffer for 5 years , at least.

I wonder if Kordell is still throwing the ball around?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    If Trubisky plays well this year and the Steelers make the playoffs, then what do they do in 2023? Tell Trubisky thanks for the good season but we have to start Kenny now because we drafted him #1? The only way the first round pick for Pickett makes any sense is if Trubisky is injured or plays poorly.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    The Steelers brain trust must feel Pickett is a bit better than Tribuskey

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I have 2 say I agree with this.....because....why else would You draft Him.
    You already had Mason,and Trubisky on the team.:shrug:
    So they have 2 feel He's better than both.

18. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I understand but you also have a record number of qb drafted into a sucky organization, thrown to the wolves and never develop properly. If indeed he wins the job and you have good strategies that they had with Ben then don't, if not let him learn a year and go with Mitch..or at least part of the season. If we are obviously not ready to compete, the expectation is lowered then you can start him and build from the aspect that this is his learning curve. Nothing beats on field experience, but the key is expectation and not allowing your guy to feel.like it's all on his shoulders. Our O is the lowest paid collective unit in the NFL. They have the talent to compete, but let's also be real. Take the Bills approach the first year they brought in their guy. See the strengths and weakness and build from there.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Trubisky is a gamble with house money. They gave up ZERO draft capital to bring him in and let him swing for the fences. Right now, Mason still has the highest paid salary on this team for a QB. Mitch's contract is setup so the Steelers can walk away from him after this year.

But, in 2022 they need to let Mitch swing for the fences to start the season. If he turns out to be a Super Star then the front office will have some interesting times ahead.

I think they look at Picket, even though he is just a rookie, as being more of a sure thing than Mitch in 4 years.

In four years from now, who do you think has the best chance at being a starting QB?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    So 2 of the 3 highest paid QB's hasn't won a damn thing....:facepalm: :eek: Yikes !

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    yeah and that's going to drive the market like crazy. I can't wait to see what Baltimore does with Jackson. You KNOW he's going to demand the same or more money

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Exactly, and I get on every ravens board, and YouTube video telling them they need 2 pay this Guy everything He wants. LoL.
    I want Him 2 stay in Baltimore, and cripple their team.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I am not sure which Kenny Pickett you have been watching, but he has more than adequate physical ability to WIN consistently.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Why are we stuck for 5 years? No offense, but that rookie contract pays Kenny backup money.

Year 1 of Kenny and we just sign the #1 free agent QB to compete with him.

With Kenny, I like the Joe Burrow comparisons.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  25. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    The contract itself does not surprise me in the very least. How people are reacting to this news is. While I personally do not believe that Kyler is capable of never mind winning the Cards a Super Bowl but leading them to one, I do believe that Kyler is very much capable of keeping the Cards in playoff contention. Now granted, being the number one overall pick means a lot more than just mere playoff appearances. The end game is the Super Bowl; regardless of draft status for whomever is under center.

That said, the Cardinals with Kyler Murray is a lot more competitive than without. As for the injury concerns... sadly, that is what the Cards have to live with; cross those fingers and hope for the best. At the bare minimum, Arizona does not have to worry about nabbing a QB for a while.

I do share the opinion with @Jball on the Ravens in regards to how much longer this will continue. While I personally have no doubt that both Bryce Young and CJ Stroud will be successful at the next level come their draft in 2023, I seriously doubt that Baltimore will be in position to get either. Tyler Van Dyke and Will Levis are also good options but it is fair to state that those two are also likely going to need some time to develop. Truth be told, Baltimore is actually on borrowed time as it is for the 2022; Lamar contract or otherwise. Banking on returning players is by no means an issue. When so many though are recovering from serious problems like ACL Tears and Torn Achilles Tendons, those injuries take more time to recover than others give them credit for. The mental aspect is critical from returning from such injuries (just as I stated regarding Devin Bush) and will be no different for the Ravens returning starters. This is not to say that the likes of Dobbins or Edwards will be bad but how long it will take for them to return to form is a fair question.

Overall for Baltimore, just like Arizona, cross your fingers and hope for the best. Sign the extension and get it over with for no thing is a sure guarantee in the NFL; doubly so with draft picks.