1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Khan Named GM

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Feb 4, 2022.

1. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

:facepalm: i'm thinking you used to get your ass kicked alot in school .??

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Additionally Andy Weidl has been hired as assistant GM, and Sheldon White has been hired to oversee personnel. Looks like Khan will keep the same duties as a numbers guy, and Weidl and White will handle the talent. Seems like a very Steeler thing to do.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
  4. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Its time for AR too retire and let the next person in line run the Steelers ..

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    While I have ZERO issues with Omar getting the spot..... is this the most Steeler bs ever.

We all knew he was next in line and should have been given the job

Why do THEY have to leave no stone unturned for months just to pick up the first stone they looked at that was sitting on their desk? Lol

I liked a few of the other names they looked at... the guy from the Eagles intrigued me..I usually like a lot of their draft picks

WELCOME OMAR. Are you even going to change offices?

HACK

• Like Like x 2
  6. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Never happen. Art is only 69 and that's young by today's standards. I actually agree though. This is just another "keep everything in house move". Seems like the other two guys are respectable personnel guys. Maybe the combination of the 3 will be okay. My guess is that Tomlin will now have even more of a hand in personnel than he did before.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Been saying this. Tomlin is going to be more or less the talent decider and Khan will handle the paperwork.

Do people really think none of the candidates they bought in were more qualified or more impressive than Khan? It’s because they weren’t ok with that arrangement with Tomlin.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

And why should they be ok with it?, what's has Tomlin done that makes him so special all he has had is a prty loaded team each year and has done nothing with it.( excluding the years he won, and gotten to SB with Cowhers players, and coaches).. ..These nxt 2 years are gonna tell a lot abt Tomlin and giving him more power isn't gonna help the situation.. JMO .

Last edited: May 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    All I can say is that Tomlin hit the jackpot when he landed the Steelers job. Very few NFL coaches have the job security, and stroke that Tomlin has.

I hope that the manger of stadium concessions never steps down. They will give the job to a hot dog vender, but Tomlin will secretly cook all the food.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Where did I say they should be ok with it? I don’t blame them. It’s perfect for Khan though.

I don’t have problem with Tomlin having more power though, if he even does, just speculation on my part.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

• Like Like x 1
  12. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Glad they kept Killer Khan around.

kk.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Outside of some more usage of analytics in the game... I really do not see too much change regarding how the FO operates as a whole. Why shake up a formula that has been working since 1970?! I seriously do not understand the concept.

Here is some possible info about some of the Status Quo Of The FO remaining the same while taking on a different splash of paint.

• Like Like x 1
  14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Why would they hire an assistant GM if Tomlin is charge of talent? He will work with the new guys like he did with Colbert.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    To handle the transactional part of the business.

It was a partnership between Colbert and Tomlin, thats been confirmed. I expect that to continue but for Tomlin to have the final say on talent.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Again, while Andy Weidl is an outside hire, his previous stint with the Steeles does not hurt either. Well... that and how well Andy Weidl has fared in terms of his scouting for the Eagles and Ravens since leaving the Steelers; two Super Bowl victories to his resume. One aspect I am focusing on @Blast Furnace and @mac daddyo ... the Trenches on both sides themselves.

Weidl has been historically known to place a bit of a premium on the trenches. Jordan Davis, Landon Dickerson, Milton Williams, Andre Dillard, Kelechi Osemele, Michael Oher, Marsha Yanda, Haloti Ngata and Charles Grant... to name a few. For that matter and, if memory serves correctly, Weidl was also partially responsible for the acquisition of Steelers Legend and Pro Football Hall of Famer Alan Faneca. Quite the resume of Trench Warfare if I do say so myself.

Would not mind personally to see the Steelers actually SELECT an Offensive Tackle in Round One in 2023; doubly so if Chuks underperforms.

• Like Like x 1
  18. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Given the situation this seems to be the answer that is the best solution. Kevin is stepping down but will still be around. That isn't the best situation to walk into, knowing that the previous guy is looking over your shoulder. So giving Kahn the title and splitting duties between three ppl and still allowing KC to have input.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    :facepalm::facepalm:

20. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Except for the fact that, unless the Steelers or even Kevin Colbert have been hiding the fact that KC has some form of ego, that is not to happen. Kevin Colbert's role is still undetermined but I would not be surprised if he is brought forth via an advisory role. I seriously doubt Colbert would do such.

• Like Like x 1
  21. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Split duties it appears for both Weidl and White.

• Like Like x 1
  22. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't think Colbert has that type of personality either but I'm sure over the course of the interviews it came up. We have all seen Gm's and Coach/Gm's where their ego is out of control and I'm sure some of the candidates want more control than the Steelers were offering at this time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't think much has changed. Omar has a new title. Weidl will help find players. White will head the scouting department in hunts place. They with tomlin will make consensus decisions on those players. Colbert will guide them. I see power struggle problems upcoming. I hope I'm wrong.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This could be....Kind of what I've been thinking, but I don't know anything for a fact....So...:shrug:

25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well just look at it this way....They have given Him a lot of rope.....He will either pull Himself 2 new heights, or hang Himself with it. So....:shrug:
    Since I'm a Steelers fan.....I hope He pulls Himself 2 new heights.
    Because if it's the other .....We will be in for some bad years.

• Like Like x 1