1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Peter Kings Power Ranking

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, May 23, 2022.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    First, I really don’t care when people underrate the Steelers, I actually like it as I prefer the Steelers in the underdog roll so they have a little extra chip on their shoulder. I think the Steelers hurt themselves when too confident.

Anyway, my beef is with King’s logic. I get that it all hinges on the QB play but he acts like Ben was the Ben of old last season and not an actual part of the problem to the teams demise and they still made the playoffs. He also ignores that Trubisky made the playoffs with the Bears and Pickett even know he has question marks also has some really good aspects to his game. Whether it’s Pickett or Trubisky, it’s not like they are going into the season with Johnny Manziel.

He also doesn’t mention Flores, its not going to be all on Austin. The defense alone will keep this team competitive.

I don’t think this teams arrow is pointing down at all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Maybe because He believes it's not easy 2 replace a HOF Qb.....
    If Pickett turns out well We will be fine.....if our Hopes are on Trubisky :shrug:.
    I watch a lot of Bears football, and Yes He may have gotten better, but if He hasn't...Well ... Mason is a better QB than He is if He hasn't improved.
    As for our D.....Well we ranked 24th overall....injuries, or whatever. Every team in the league could use the injury angle of why they did this , or that. :shrug:
    So prove 2 Me they are better. :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I don’t have to prove anything to you, it’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it.

I also don’t think you are that down on the team and just being pissy because I dared question the oh great one. We aren’t replacing HOF Ben, we are replacing **** Ben from last year.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Roethlisberger hasn't played like a Hall of Fame quarterback since 2018.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    What the F**k are You talking about???
    I didn't ask YOU 2 prove anything. You are not the center of the universe. LoL.
    I meant the team....prove it 2 Me. GEEZZZZ. LoL

• Like Like x 2
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    And Trubisky hasn't ever .....So...:shrug:
    Like I said....if Pickett turns out like I hope ...
    We will be fine. If not:shrug:....better get Mason ready.

7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The point is that it is misleading to write about the Steelers needing to replace a Hall of Famer. Roethlisberger hasn't played at that level in a long time. He missed most of 2019 and his limitations hamstrung the offense the last two seasons. Sure, there were times he made clutch plays to win close games, but the Steelers often needed those heroics to overcome his own ineffective play throughout the game.

Trubisky has never been a Hall of Famer, but he has been better than what Roethlisberger was the last two seasons.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Really when??....I will give you last season when it comes 2 Ben, but I figured You of all people know it a whole lot difference 2 playing Qb outside of How fast You run, or how strong Your arm is. Trubisky completion average air yards over his career are very close 2 Ben's worse year.
    People....I don't want Ben back....He's done....get it out of Your heads...., but that doesn't mean I think Trubisky is great....the dudes best year He had 27 tds.....that's including rushing ... with 12 ints, and 6 fumbles. So when was this magical season??
    He's never even had a season a good as one You are saying Ben sucked at. 2020.

9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

upload_2022-5-23_12-20-0.gif

Avoid the roids dude!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You just misunderstood My point. How could You prove it???
    I thought it was obvious I meant the team.:shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Roethlisberger also played poorly the second half of 2020. He either could not or would not take snaps from center most of the time, which severely limited the offense.

Trubisky, on the other hand, spent his entire time with the Bears in a complete ****show of an offense with very little help around him. I would absolutely take the 2018 version of Trubisky over the 2021 Roethlisberger. In no way am I saying he is great. He certainly hasn't been great as a pro, but he doesn't have to be great to be an upgrade over what Roethlisberger did last season.

12. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    The Pickett pick made no sense to me. Steelers could have drafted a good QB in 2023. With Trubisky... Steelers didn't need to speed up the process for a QB.
    Defense was and is.... a bigger concern. I hope Pickett proves me wrong.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    My hope is from their vantage point that the Steelers saw more in Pickett than we do

Keeping in mind all they had to do was look out the window

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    There are two quarterbacks in the 2023 draft class who look like they will clearly be more highly-regarded prospects coming out of college. Do you think the Steelers are going to have a top-five pick next year? That's what it is going to take to get one of those guys.

If you don't have a long-term quarterback and there is a guy you think can fill the role available to you in the first round, you take him regardless of other needs. That position has to come first. Clearly, they believe he can be their guy. If your guy falls to you in the first round, you don't mess around. You take him.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I believe they played their cards right and bluffed everyone into thinking they were not interested in Picket and wanted Willis instead.

• Like Like x 1
  16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Bluffed

Really

:facepalm:

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Was it a blind mans bluff?

Every team passed on the whole QB class but the Steelers. Who did they fool exactly?

18. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022

Those who were on the Malik Willis train?
    :hehehe:
    exit stage left

• Like Like x 1
  19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You. Gerry Dulac. Many other members of this board. Possibly some NFL teams that thought they could wait and trade up into the final third of the first round to get Pickett.

Also, no, every team did not pass on the whole quarterback class. Not even 19 other teams did that.

The entire league did pass on Willis, many teams more than twice.

20. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    This says a lot:

[​IMG]

21. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I think it is fair enough to have doubts about the Steelers, they are unproven in so many areas, none more so than at QB. They need Trubisky or Pickett to be better than everyone thinks they are, and they’ll need a big improvement across the OLine

The defence should be ok, especially if Tuitt is back in the middle

It’s difficult to bet on them finishing ahead of the Bengals or Ravens at this point but nothing would surprise me at the same time.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    Most ‘experts’ have the Steelers around 20 and I don’t really have a problem with that. But behind Detroit? I really don’t understand how he thinks the Lions are outside the bottom 10, when they have a worse QB than the Steelers and are also weaker at most other positions. Yeah they had a nice offseason - but not that nice.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Dont be so literal scribe, nobody liked this QB class enough to take anyone before the 3rd rd except for the Steelers. So I dont know who Brice thinks they were bluffing when no one took a QB before they did at pick 20.

And I never said any such thing about moving up into the final 3rd of the 1st rd to get Pickett, I would have been passed if they did that for him.

24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm not talking about the Steelers. I'm talking about other teams who wanted a quarterback. We don't know if any of them would have traded into picks 21 through 32 if the Steelers hadn't taken him. I know you like to lump him in with the rest of the quarterbacks in this draft because it suits your chosen narrative, but that doesn't make it so.

The facts remain unchanged. We don't know if the Steelers were right to take Pickett at 20, but we absolutely know that they were right to pass on Willis with that pick given that they could have taken him with in the second or third round.

25. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Willis? Seriously? I don't see him being any better than any average QB currently in the NFL. Willis is no Kordell Stewart....who has the same skill set, if we're gonna talk about Steelers QBs. Let's talk when Willis guides the Titans to 2 AFC Championships.

• Like Like x 1