1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tuitt update from Colbert

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by CK 13, May 5, 2022.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    this really bothers you doesn't it. untrue but whatever strummer. :cool:

2. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Yes its a team sport.

But when both of your ILBers are playing below average as well as your strong safety then your team is hamstrung. This was a big part of the swiss cheese run defense.

Losing Alualu and Tuitt sure didn't help as we all know. But to think the above would be absolved of blame is comical.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Bothers me? No. I think your man crush on these fringe players is hysterical. You can deny it until the cows come home, but anyone that’s been here for a bit knows it’s true.

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    It’s definitely true.

5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Does 2019 make it a trend?

• Like Like x 1
  6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011

This game highlights what arguably is the best Steelers defense in the last 20 years. It also shows why subpackage defense began to change the Steelers 34 base defense due to the blueprint on how to attack it being out there. The line with Smith, Hampton, and Keisel absolutely stiffled the run game, Harrison and Woodley applying edge pressure as well as setting the edge. Farrior and Timmons demonstrating what the inside linebackers should be doing vs the run and Troy being Troy exploding through a hole and blasting the rb in the backfield. The weak link being the secondary and the inability to protect the middle zone or seam routes when Troy was roaming.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    just because i mention who the steelers have signed doesn't mean i have a man crush on them all. do you call out the team for signing these guys? i didn't sign them. people that know a lot more than you about them did. i just inform people on here about them. that is kind of what this forum is for. wormley is far from a marginal player or he wouldn't have produced like he did last year as a starter for the steelers. it's not like he was an UDFA coming into the league either. do some homework before you throw stones. :cool:

8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    and in chimes the hall monitor. here's a thought, don't read it if you don't like it. :smiley1::cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    We also haven't heard that he is not working hard to get back.

If Tuitt decided not to talk to the media, then there is no way you would know one way or the other what is happening.
    (Short of someone in house deciding to gossip about a player with a deep personal tragedy. Most if not all of the Steelers staff and players would respect his privacy.)
    While I'm sure we would all be happier to hear positive news, it is a leap to assume that it must be negative because you haven't heard anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Chill Mac.....I believe everyone is just messing with You. We can disagree, still be Steelers fans, and in the end .....that's all that matters.
    We all want the same thing.:thumbs_up:
    You do have a thing for fringe players....., but that's No harm, and No foul.
    Hell if it was up 2 Me .....We would only draft Defense. :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  11. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    They are only fringe players while on the fringe. The Steelers of any team has had more of these types of players succeed. That is a trend. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    It would be nice to see Tuitt show up for OTAs this week on May 24th.

A post June 1st cut is a $9 million cap savings this year. Maybe take some of that money and sign 1 year deal to a veteran like Akiem Hicks?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :popcorn:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You’re probably right. It’s hard enough to read as it is with the total disregard for punctuation.

15. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Well thank you mrs. McGilicutty. (,,!!!???...\\,, """ ''''':::;;;;) there ya go.:cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    That’s better.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    We know absolutely nothing about what is going on with Tuitt in 2022. It may turn out that he is done or that he really hasn't put in the work, but that is just speculation, not a trend.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I haven't seen anybody being absolved of their part of the blame for the poor run defense last season. There was a misleading attempt to paint the talk about the downgrade from Tuitt to Wormley as a statement that those other factors weren't a part of it, but that's not what anybody was actually saying. The loss of Alualu was part of it. Piss-poor play by the inside linebackers was part of it. The absence of Tuitt was part of it. All of those things are true.

• Like Like x 1
  19. NewMexicoLobo

NewMexicoLobo Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2021
    I'm thinking that the drafting of Leal means that Steeler management/ownership believes Tuitt is either done or won't return to his prior (non-injured) level of play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Have you been peeking

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  21. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    it's cheaper than those little blue pills. :smiley1::cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That is how I took it, too, but I'm still holding on to the slim hope that I am wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Alualu was a huge part of it. And he is up there in age. I was really hoping we would have addressed it in the draft.

I agree with NewMexicoLobo, I think the drafting of Leal means Tuitt is done.

• Like Like x 1
  24. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i expect they keep alualu around this year and then i think his contract runs out. he will probably retire at that point. we have an extremely young team even amongst players that have been here a few years. i think they have been drafting these guy as redshirt jr's or jrs coming out. we need to keep some of these older vets to help these young guys get it together. even our vets, besides a couple are not all that old either. tuitt is 29. many are 27-28. this will be interesting. lot's of youth. even second contracts will net us young players which is a good plan i guess. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  25. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    What are the Odds that Tuitt is there today?