1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ozark is back

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by steel machine, Jan 17, 2022.

1. kakhatesmortgages66

kakhatesmortgages66 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2020

Perfect ending!! Just finished it! This show vaults into the top 5 for sure.

There was a lot of foreshadowing on a certain character, so I was ready for it. Still....

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I HATED what they did to Ruth. Oh, I knew it was coming. Things were going way too well for her. But if anyone was going to make it out of this, or even get a happy ending, I wanted it to be her.

I LOVED those last 2 words, "Since when?" BINGO! LOL, the PI getting all righteous about people like them thinking they can do whatever they want, victimize whoever they want, and get rich and have the happily ever after. That that isn't how the world works! "Since when?" Exactly right. Show me a wealthy, powerful family... any of them and I'll show you multiple crimes, immoral or unethical behavior, and a pile of people they stepped on along the way. They are EXACTLY the people that DO get whatever the hell they want and come out clean. That is how the world works.

Meanwhile, our poor Ruth - who came from nothing, fought, scratched and clawed for anything she ever got, had her entire life ripped to shreds, finally gets a leg up and starts to build a clean life. But she's a nobody. She comes from nothing. Has no one. Even having all that money in the end meant diddly squat. She was just another bug on the windshield. Her fate was sealed the day she met Marty. We all wanted her to have a happy ending. But that ain't how the world works.

Oh, and Wendy Byrd is one of the most evil characters I've ever seen in any show. Ever.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Wendy Bird is my wife in my next life. Watch out Bonnie and Clyde.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. kakhatesmortgages66

Apr 16, 2020
    Great performance! She was ruthless!

5. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Marty road rage :lolol:

• Like Like x 3
  6. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    You're getting married in your next life? Haven't you learned ANYTHING from this life?

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    When we able to talk about it?

8. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Anytime. Just post SPOILER ALERT sign. I'll just close my eyes as I'm about halfway thru season 2 after reading comments in this thread. :facepalm: <<< That's me covering my eyes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Spoiler alert

Holy **** Ruth

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2022
  10. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Just put [ spoiler] .... [ /spoiler] Around your text (without the spaces of course). Or highlight what you want hidden, hit the + button on the toolbar and select "spoiler."

• Like Like x 1
  11. kakhatesmortgages66

Apr 16, 2020
    I was trying to respond to your earlier post where you had put the spoiler thing on, but I didnt because it was showing everything you typed. So I just figured i'd wait to respond. :shrug:

Miss it already!

12. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    If you respond to something with a spoiler tag, the spoiler tag should remain. You'll see the text in the quote box as you're making your response, but when you hit post it should go back to being hidden as long as you don't remove the spoiler command.

• Like Like x 2
  13. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    If the post was an actual spoiler then the tag would have been used.

14. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    I know. Was just demonstrating for those who needed to know. I didn't even look at who posted it.

Well, it could be spoilery too. ;)

Last edited: May 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  15. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm getting there, a certain attorney just got their brains blown out in Mexico. Now at Season 4 Episode 4 I think.:eek:

• Like Like x 1
  16. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Please don't hold back your thoughts and discussions because of a few late comers like me. I'm up to Episode 10 of Season 4 and just about everyone who should die already has. Too bad about Wyatt but marrying the hag, probably had it coming. :rolleyes: 5 more Episodes - should finish up tonight or tomorrow at latest. Of course the elephant in the room is whether the mini-van rollover vignette at the beginning of Season 4 was real or just another of Wendy's sick dreams.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Oh, no. Not going to ruin anything for you.

But once you're caught up, the statute of limitations is over. ;)

18. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    OK - no more spoiler alert boxes needed - finally done with the series. Was sorry to see the mighty little warrior didn't make it. Was nice to see Rachel reappear. Was hoping for a different ending that didn't leave Navarro's sister in change that allowed Nelson to carry out one more job. Not sure why all the rap music in the last few episodes, wasn't needed IMO. Otherwise, great acting all around and creative screenwriting. :thumbs up:

• Like Like x 2
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Rap music....OK.....I'm not watching. LoL.

20. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Sorry STD - I thought I was the only straggler. Ignore my posts. Regarding the rap, I don't recall any bluegrass music played in Straight Outta Compton. Just saying. :lolol:

21. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    It was just the one character in an angry state listening to that though.

• Like Like x 1
  22. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    You have a point there Ray. It was amplified cause I listen to the TV via Bluetooth earbuds which picks up all subtle sounds and narratives and most music mixes well and sounds great ...except rap. They could have played Skeeter Davis' End of the World or the Animals We Gotta Get Out of This Place. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    2 Me half the show , or movie is the score, or soundtrack. :thumbs_up:
    Think of half of Your favorite one,and think how much different they would be without this.
    Could You imagine Halloween with anything different, or the Good the Bad,and the Ugly with rap instead. LoL :lolol:

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Just read where Ruth (Julia Garner) has been offered the role to play Madonna in a new biopic about the Virgin Pop Queen. She should add some real spark to that project. Not a fan but I'd watch it to see how Ruth handles that role.

• Like Like x 3
  25. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Just finished the show last night. Some of it was expected, some was not. Wonder when the sequel is coming?