1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Dhop Suspended 6 games

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Blast Furnace, May 2, 2022.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Violating league drug policy. Oof.

Good thing they traded for Hollywood. Still, your receiving room is down Hopkins and Kirk and you didnt draft anyone.

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    PEDs is what I seen.

3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Probably safe to say they traded for him because they expected a suspension was forthcoming

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Is he a repeat offender? 6 games seems a little steep for a 1st time offense.

5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I heard it was PEDs, and I believe that starts with a 6 game suspension. Don't quote Me on that though.

Last edited: May 6, 2022
  6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Heck, even if the Cardinals traded for Marquis Brown, my expectations of the Cardinals were still not very high. A playoff team yes but nothing more. If anything, Marquis could potentially make the situation worse.

Not due to his attitude. Due to his performance + Kyler Murray's disappearing act in the second half of the season. Marquis is a very good receiver... but not one worth trading a first and a third for. For reference, A.J. Brown was also traded for a first and third but has been far more productive and is a superior impact player to boot. Truth be told, this is nothing more than pandering and appeasing to Kyler; not shocking nor surprising for those who have followed the controversy surrounding the fallout between him and Arizona.

One final nugget; outside of A.J. Green (whatever is left of him) and Antonie Wesley, the rest of the starting WR corps of the Cardinals is under 6'. Now on paper, this should not be a problem. However, we need to understand the specifics here; Kyler Murray is 5'10; a major deficiency for a QB in a Division filled with the likes of Aaron Donald, Nick Bosa, Darrell Taylor, Poona Ford and others. For two, Kyler HAS to be outside the pocket to make any of his magic happen; bootlegs and roll outs being an absolute must. Most of all, for three, those receivers BETTER be able to separate at near instantaneous speeds, which is again, something that Hollywood Brown has not done consistently enough during this time.

So I ask... what happens when you have an undersized QB + undersized WR who cannot separate + your best WR option suspended + the second hardest schedule of any NFL team?!

[​IMG]

7. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Got love how much wide spread drug use happens and how few get caught. There is a 72 year old QB throwing the ball like he is 21 nothing suspicious here

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    If this happened to any steeler some fans would blame Tomlin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Well, he was providing the team with them during the heyday 70's, so, there's that.

10. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011

I'm with you there, I like Brown, but like you said most of his separation was due to the scrambling of Jackson.

11. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Does the suspension go while he is already missing time with an injury. I feel like Wes Welker did that.