1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers sign Mitch Trubisky

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by YinzerBuckeye, Mar 14, 2022.

1. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Not quite a forgotten one…

• Like Like x 1
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Half here won’t get it

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

I think most of the teams felt that way.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree, Malik Willis was going to be a project regardless. I still think if Pickett would have gone in the first 10 picks, the Steelers would have traded up for Willis. Since he hung around they gambled and sat back to see who was going to be available. As much as some protest he was the wrong pick, he was Tomlin and Colbert's top choice. I'm still fine with Trubisky or Rudolph keeping the seat warm for a year much like Alex Smith did for Patrick Mahomes. We should be so lucky should it work out the same. I still say Pickett is the cerebral QB with pocket awareness we needed. He is mobile enough and the pocket awareness is much more important that full on mobility. I'll change my opinion when Lamar Jackson hoist the Lombardi (which I don't expect to see.)

Last edited: May 10, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree with it all, but I want Pickett out there as soon as possible. For every Mahomes, and Rodgers.....I can give a P. Manning, Troy A., and Ben Roethlisberger, and as of right now....I would rather our Qb have the career of the latter than the former.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I just hope Pickett has a higher ceiling than just about every analyst has projected for him. I hope Pickett makes them all look silly when looking back on the evaluations of him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Michael E

Michael E Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2022
    Agreed. I think nearly all of us hope that. We might not see it as likely, but hey, pleasantly surprised if he comes out with fire in his eyes and really looks the part. I just hope that Canada is up to the task and that all the promise that is his pre-snap motion, and rollouts and such work reasonably well at the pro level and with our still below average OL.

I hope that Canada at least isn't a hinderance and we hear Pickett or Trubisky complaining just a few games in to the season.

• Like Like x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I don't see any excuses for Canada now.....So Canada....make Me be wrong about You.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Stidham just went from Pats to Raiders. He looked like a Brady clone what little I saw him play. Don`t remember how much start time he got, wonder if this guy ever got his chance. However, since Belicheat did not want him, makes me wonder.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    What I am a scared of is Kenny's injury history. I have watched him his whole career at Pitt,
    He has missed some time. He is a gamer and tries to get back as soon as possible. But it is a concern.
    I hope the revamped OL can help him transition to the NFL and that the OC put's him/ Tribusky give them a chance
    to succeed.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    A few takes from the past

I think we headed at least towards 5.. Making the wrong decision gets people fired

HACK

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Whoa nelly! I don't follow the draft closely but your post made me spit my coffee onto my keyboard. Mitch was taken before Mahomes!!!!!! That really made me stop for a second.

14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Not only went before Mahomes but Chiefs traded up to the number 10 spot, gave up a lot to get there. Thats a team that was on the ball.

15. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

you are and were - LOL!!! He sucked then and sucks now