1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

5 Bold Draft Predictions

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by TuRnDoWnForWaTT, Apr 21, 2022.

1. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    1. Two Quarterbacks will be taken within the first ten picks. / Three Quarterbacks will be taken in the first round overall.

2. Running back Breece Hall will be selected in the first round. / Nerds at PFF will line up to bash the pick.

3. The first Receiver drafted will be Chris Olave.

4. The Pittsburgh Steelers will select Desmond Ridder in the first round. / Yinzers on TSF will line up to bash the pick.

5. Matt Corral will be the 5th QB selected in the draft after Sam Howell. / Matt Corral falls to the 3rd.

Not saying all these will come true. Just some interesting thoughts I had now that we are only a week away. What kind of bold predictions do Yinz have?

• Like Like x 1
  2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i predict we will need many rescue divers and boats ready below the bridges around pittsburgh for all the jumpers.

:cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    1st one isn’t exactly bold, that’s about normal lol. Don’t let the bad draft class noise fool you, QB needy teams won’t wait. Now if this is like the 1988 draft where no QB’s we’re taking in the first two rounds, then you know the bad QB draft class talk was really on point.

I have a feeling Corral will be the Steelers pick if he is still on the board at 20. He is exactly what the Steelers are looking for, exactly. And also think teams are higher on him then the analysts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I predict that one of the kids that comes to watch in person..... will not get selected as early as he's been told..... and the cameras will be all over him. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I think 2 QBs go with the first 10 picks and 2 QBs go with the last 5 picks.

This will be Terrell Edmunds 2.0 as the Steelers will reach at #20 to pick a safety, and then trade back into the end of the 1st round to pick your QB, Desmond Ridder.

#20 Safety Lewis Cine
    #30 QB Desmond Ridder

Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I hate when that happens - it's so awkward.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    1. I agree with that first part. I think Willis and Pickett will be taken in the top 10. I actually think that 4 QB's will be taken in the first round. Ridder and Howell should be first rounders, and Corral could be too. Howell and Corral each have a shot at falling to early 2 though.

2. I don't know much about Hall. Idc what PFF thinks about the pick though. I don't take their rankings or opinions too seriously.

3. I can see this happening. His teammate Wilson will be the best receiver from the class though.

4. I wouldn't hate this pick. I actually am pretty high on Ridder's potential. I would avoid the board for a couple days though to miss out on the "WAAAAHHHH, HE WAS GONNA BE THERE IN ROUND 2! REACH! OMG!" bs that will be going on in here.

5. Corral wont last to round 3. Too many QB needy teams will miss out in round 1 and see value in him in round 2. It is possible that Corral is QB5 though.

• Like Like x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    My Bold prediction is.....The Steelers will not get any of the picks I want in the 1st three rounds.
    CB, SS, and ILB.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Any other year, predicting a 3 QB 1st round would not be bold. This year is different.

I don't think the Steelers are as interested in Corral and Pickett as they are Willis and Ridder. I do think Howell could be a sleeper, especially if Howell falls to them in the 2nd.

I feel the opposite on Corral. I feel like the analysts are overrating Corral, and teams are not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    I wouldn't hate those two picks. I kind of like Brisker better than Cine, but I might be the only one.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    I could see this happening. Imagine if Kenny Pickett makes it to 20 and his hometown team passes on him. ESPN / NFL Network will have a camera in his face every pick after.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    That is how it works for me. There is nothing worse than when I guy you really want is still on the board, and the Steelers pick a guy at the position you wanted, but not the guy you wanted, and the guy they did pick you never even heard of. :lolol: Seems to happen at least once a year.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Same here:thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    !. I agree
    2. No I think it will be second rd.
    3. Williams WR Alabama
    4. Unfortunately yes
    5. No He will go early second.
    6. I predict some Georgia players will fall in the draft because teams will be concerned about the parts not being as good as the sum.
    7. Cleveland will do something dumb and desperate.
    8. Steelers trade Dionte for a 2nd round pick to the Green Packers
    9. Patriots pick Leo Chenal and he turns into a Superstar
    10. Ravens have the best draft

• Like Like x 2
  15. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Most accurate prediction yet lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    #6. Interesting comment on Georgia. I don't know if guys will fall, but they may not end up being as good as they were when playing on a unit full of stars. You can say the same thing for the Cincinnati defenders.

#8 and #10. I would hate that if it happens.

17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Pretty much a given. Too many QB needy teams, some with multiple picks in the first rd.

Corral will be a Steeler because Willis and Pickett will be gone before us. There is zero chance he last to the 3rd rd.

The wild card is if the Steelers trade up for Willis.

18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The NFL should probably invite less players to the draft then, instead of 20 make it 15.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    You think we like Corral the best (obviously outside of Picket and Willis assuming they are both gone before us)? I'm not sure. Lots of PGH media saying we aren't looking at QB, lots of other media thinks we are going in with the sole intention of taking a QB. Idk .I think they might like Ridder of the later bunch (Ridder, Howell, Corral) but what do I know? lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    My bold predictions:

1. Someone takes Malik Willis in the top 5.

2. Sam Howell goes in the top 20.

3. George Pickens and Travis Jones slip into the 1st round (barely)

4. Andrew Booth slips to the 2nd round

5. The Saints will make a move up, maybe to the top 5 for a QB

• Like Like x 2
  21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Lions take Willis, and Panthers take Pickett.

• Agree Agree x 3
  22. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Corrall to the Steelers in round 1 may be the boldest prediction so far. I would be shocked if that happens. Hats off to you if it's true.

23. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    That's exactly what I am thinking. Personally from all the local coverage I'm seeing, I think Carolina takes Pickett even if Willis is available. That's their guy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree about Qb needy teams....I believe some teams are so dumb about this.....I could cut My hair, enter the Draft as a Qb, and Get picked in the 1st four rounds. LoL.
    That's how stupid teams get about Qbs.

• Like Like x 1
  25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I think a player will fall to the Steelers #20 that nobody expects to be there, maybe a Jordan Davis, Derek Stingley, Kyle Hamilton, there will be a run on edge rushers and receivers in the first round that will push a good player to the Steelers :thumbs_up:.

• Like Like x 1