1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pat Meyer is the new OL coach

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by YinzerBuckeye, Feb 15, 2022.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I wonder if Mel Blount was in the keep him minority or let him go camp. While both of the minor shareholders have real world business experience I'd trust Blount's football knowledge more.

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    didn't know blount was one of the owners. he's not listed as one. stalworth is. he was one that wanted him gone if i remember correctly. :cool:

3. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    That could be right and I'm just confused. I always thought it was Blount which I found strange because I thought he had a big ranch down in Texas.

4. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I wouldn’t be happy if they lose but if having a few down years is what it finally takes for Art Rooney to wake the **** up and see what is currently going on now isn’t working then so be it. You can’t be in denial here about the state of this team like Rooney is and worry about putting tradition of the franchise over adapting and making wholesale changes within the organization. I don’t like the fact that they come out every year and say they are competing for Super Bowls and then they don’t go out and make the necessary personnel or coaching moves to do so.

Art Rooney did it again on TV a few weeks ago when he said the goal is to make the Super Bowl and he thinks they are good enough to do so which is completely delusional and insulting to say to the fans in this town who know that isn’t true. You’re not good enough to make the Super Bowl the way the team is constructed now. And until Rooney realizes there are major changes that need made within this coaching staff starting with Mike Tomlin I just have no faith at all anymore in this team improving and getting back to the Super Bowl level they were at 10-15 years ago.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Or perhaps it’s you that’s in denial. We’ve been picking in the bottom half of the draft for nearly two decades. That has in impact on the quality of players you acquire. We’ve also been paying a franchise qb for almost two decades. That limits the amount of money you have to acquire free agents and retain your own. Y’all in the torch and pitchfork crowd have taken this crap to comical levels. Blaming everyone and everything while refusing to realize how great we have it. Try wearing the shoes of a lions fan and then maybe you’ll gain some perspective.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Well assuming you're correct that they wanted Tomlin gone, then they havent done any better with their own teams.

7. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Yep the old be glad you’re not a Detroit Lions fan or Cleveland Browns fans excuse is always a good one for the Steelers apologist like yourself. Nobody cares about that here or wants to hear that story about be glad you’re not in Detroit or Jacksonville or wherever. Yes the team has won 6 Super Bowls and we have seen some great moments and are spoiled to a certain degree going back to the last 15 years or so. But that was then and this is now and what I see now is a team that has won 3 playoff games since 2011, hasn’t even come close to playing in a Super Bowl in well over a decade, and has a head coach who’s shelf life is getting old and should be coming to an end if things don’t start drastically improving in the next 2 seasons.

So let’s not pretend like this is a team in the Steelers like the Chiefs the last 4 years or the Patriots before Brady left who gets to the AFC Championship game or Super Bowl every year and wins it because it’s not even close. So no we don’t have it that great here and it needs to be and should be better and until Rooney wakes up and does something about this it won’t get any better then it’s been the last 10-11 years.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    2 new coaches from the Panthers?

• Like Like x 1
  9. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    i hate to be the first to break it to you, but there’s a real chance we never win another super bowl. It’s that simple. Doesn’t matter who is coaching etc.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  10. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
  11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Well the point of all this is they have it now with their team and they have the power to decide who stays and goes not their coach as you implied.:cool:

13. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Besides what Mac just said I will add that as shareholders they do have a voice and although AR2 holds 30% of the team he is still expected to listen to his partners opinions as he guides the company. The rest of the controlling interest is split among his brothers and cousins so it's their investment he has to navigate too.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    I'm sure "AFC North football" is a key buzzword in all interviews.

Offense? AFC North football
    Defense? AFC North football
    Who should we draft? AFC North football-type players who went to a school we like.
    Coordinators? You don't have to be good but you do need to have that AFC North football mentality

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Oh wow I didn't realize it was only 30%. If I was a minority investor I'd be pissed too. I mean they still get rich but that doesn't mean they should be relegated to the sideline.

16. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I read earlier that it was a lower percentage for each of the Chief's sons but two of the brothers had to sell because of the gambling business they had and the league wanted one owner to have at least 30% . It still left the family with a majority but did allow minority owners to be part of the ownership group.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Why shouldn't they? They spent money to buy a stake in the team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Which is why it's all the more disappointing they didn't maximize the time they had with good Ben.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

here are some teachings and info on our new o-line coach. he's from the northeast ohio area originally. pretty good football area. :smiley1::cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Complete and udder nonsense

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    When did cows become involved?

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    freaking autocorrect utter*

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    And Art II didn't listen to those minority owners even if they have a voice.

24. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Because Art II calls the shots, not those guys with small shares of the team.

25. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I bet Green Bay fans feel the same way about Aaron Rodgers.

• Winner Winner x 1