1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

If Rodgers came Here...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by S.T.D, Feb 12, 2022.

1. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    No, hell no. Let Rodgers go somewhere else and compile stats and stumble in the playoffs. This team needs young talent at nearly every position, especially QB. He's too old, too arrogant and self-centered and above all else, he'll come at too steep of a price. Besides, getting three All-Pro seasons out of him at his age, not to mention league MVP's, is a big ask.

There's no question he would give Steeler Nation hope for the foreseeable future. Then what? In three years, they'll be right back where they started, and Watt and Harris will be three years older. P!ss on Aaron Rodgers and his Lake Superior-sized ego. I want to see this team get younger, more talented and become a legitimate threat to win a Super Bowl. Not go the old George Allen led Redskin's route and mortgage the future for washed up has-beens that may or may not have a decent playoff run.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So about a little less would be content getting Rodgers even if all we got was nothing, but He would get MVPs . Strange because some that said they would be fine with it... complain that just getting 2 a playoff is not enough, but with A. Rodgers is would be fine. Hmmmm:hmm:. That's mysterious. :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  3. ToyotaTacomaFan

ToyotaTacomaFan Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2022
    We don't need a QB.
    We have Mason.
    Sure he hasn't done much to impress, but he's still young, and I have high hopes for him.
    Lets see how he plays with a better line, and an O.C. that can make more than 3 plays

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    that's only 1 scenario you have given STD. what if he would win the MVP and we win 1 SB out of 3 years or 2. the goal is to win it all and only 1 team a year does that. how about KC? they spent big money on mahomes and have 1 loss and 1 win in a super bowl. was that a successful deal? how about the rams? they gave up a lot to get their guy. it paid off so far. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You get the scenario I give. No more. LoL :lolol:
    Of course if He came here, and even just got one SB win I would consider it a win, but that's not the Question.
    As far as the Rams go.... if they don't get a SB win with Stafford.... I consider it a losing deal. Hell they got to a SB with their last Qb. Just a few years ago.
    As 2 KC.....well they got a SB win, and He's still got a lot more football left 2 play.

6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    To your point HACK it was exciting to watch the things TJ did on the field only to have poor play in other areas render it worthless. He gets a sack for an 8 yard loss on 1st down, then they give up a 15 yard completion over the middle because Bush, Schobert or Spillane are looking in the backfield and on 3rd and 3 they jump the 1st gap the see and give up a 5 yard run for the 1st. God that was frustrating.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Right? And yet so many on this board think we are just a QB away.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Let's say Aaron Rodgers were to play for the Steelers for the next 3 seasons. That would make the Steelers legitimate Super Bowl contenders each of those 3 years. It gives them a legit chance. The Steelers have ZERO chance with Rudolph or Haskins. So yes, I would be happy the Steelers made the move even if they end up losing in the playoffs every year. I will take opportunity over lack thereof any day of the week.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I’ll keep pounding this until it gets through to people but they had 9 games under 20 points, 6 under 16 points. The run defense was the glaring weakness an even with that, they held many opponents in check.

Points against is the most important stat.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Ditto, except I’m also willing to see how the OC does with a better line and QB who can throw more than 4 yards.

11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    If we could get him in the second, I think it would be a good pick. He will go in the first because teams get desperate. Personally I kind of dislike the guy for sitting out their bowl game and screwing the rest of his teammates by being a it’s all about me type of guy. I’m seeing a lack of leadership and me first attitude right out of the blocks. Not what I want in my team leader.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    And you’re going to like it.

Dad?

13. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    It needs to have some perspective added. (the OP)

If you sign an Aaron Rogers (trade is something totally different)
    - You have a very good QB from which to develop youth behind.
    - You must be committed to keeping this investment upright. He does no good laying on his back and injured.
    - You better have some cap space. You don't want him tying up all your space so you can't make complimentary moves to add weapons (see Rams)

In the end, all you can ask from a move like this is that he perform his best at the position.
    As someone said, if he gives you 3 MVP's you most definitely are in the race. QB is not your problem.

14. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    I felt the same way.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    After watching the Playoffs and seeing how important it is to have playmakers at the receiver position, he won’t come here.

Just last night at the Super Bowl it was evident that Steelers have middle of the road playmakers at receiver.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    It doesn't work as a FA signing because he is under contract with the Packers but for the sake of the argument if the Packers did release him and it becomes a FA vs trade scenario it will likely trigger a bidding war in which the Steelers can't compete. This why the blockbuster trade is the only scenario in which Pittsburgh becomes a viable candidate but even in that scenario the price is high and they are low on draft capital and what players you can trade.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    That is exactly the point.
    If Green Bay is suffering from an aneurysm and actually lets him walk - "You better have some cap space so you can make complimentary moves."
    He's going to cost a lot for the reasons you mention.

I can't see the Steelers in either race, Free Agency nor Trade. There are too many suitors that will pony up more.

18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. Thats what I got it from. My folks. LoL

• Like Like x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Some of You are taking it beyond the Question.
    All I'm asking is if We did manage 2 swing getting Him(A. Rodgers), and all He got was Regular season MVP.....would You find that a win???
    I have found it interesting that some that said yes(they would consider it a win), are some that have said before that....just getting 2 the playoffs mean nothing. :hmm:

20. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Of course not. MVP's are great to have because they improve your team, increasing your odds of winning a championship. If there's guaranteed to be no championship, then why would anyone want him?

What a weird question

21. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I agree that's why the trade is the only viable option if Pittsburgh wanted to be involved but it would need to be Rodgers as the prime motivator to get it done. The Packers could get better offers by having it turned into the type of bidding war we are discussing. The only clear path is if Rodgers wants it to happen and the Steelers don't have to outbid other teams but like we both said the price is way to steep and would affect what the team wants to do beyond the QB position.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Apparently not. Since some said yes.
    :shrug:

23. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    If Rodgers were to earn another MVP, then that would mean the Steelers were a 1 seed or 2 seed type team. Getting to and winning a Super Bowl takes a lot more than just having an MVP QB.

The difference is that the last 4 years the Steelers either made the playoffs or barely missed out. But we all knew they weren't legitimate contenders.

Making the playoffs with Rodgers coming of an MVP season would mean that not only would the Steelers be contenders, but they would also be favorites. Yeah. I'll take that.

• Like Like x 1
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Ok:thumbs_up:
    My Green Bay friends don't see it that way at all, but it's not about them ....it's about How all the Steelers fans feel, and that's why I ask. So thanks for Your answer, and 2 everyone that has answered the Question. :thumbs_up:

25. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Because your post isn't clear.

Are you saying that if Rodgers comes here, he will win the MVP but we will definitely not win any SB's? Like this is a time travel thing and we know for sure that we will not win an MVP with him?

Or is this a retroactive thought. As in, if Rodgers comes here and if we happen not to win the SB during his time, would it still be considered a win because he won MVP?

Those are two very different pictures. The first guarantees we will not win with him. Why would anyone want to guarantee we don't win a SB? I don't think anyone would pick that option. But that's predicting the future, why even ask such a question?

The latter though, leaves the door open to the possibility of winning. It's more of a how would you feel if we don't end up winning once it's all said and done? Obviously there are no guarantees, but if our QB is the MVP of the league, that puts us in a very good position to win it all. QB likely wasn't the downfall of the team in that case, so why wouldn't it be a win? If we lose because our defence sucks but our offence was top notch, then bringing in Rodgers was a win.