1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Win 2 and Jacksonville wins

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_d_curtain, Jan 2, 2022.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I could not agree more.

Trevor Lawrence is awful; Shad Kahn being the biggest reason as to why that is. Urban Meyer was bad enough. Trent Baalke though?! That is arguably worse as he is not going any time soon.

Add the fact that the Jaguars have been one of the most inept Franchises within the past generation and one can understand why Trevor looks so terrible. For that matter, I am impressed he has survived as long as he has. For me, it is way too early to grade him out as a bust as there are way too many variables out of his control for him to overcome; his pitiful Owner doubly so and no less.

If I am Lawrence, should this continue, I would want OUT..... IMMEDIATELY.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Indy will beat Jax by 3 scores. It’s basically a playoff game for them. Jacksonville is god awful too.

I could see Steelers winning out though. Win out go 9-7-1 and Tomlin keeps his streak but they miss the playoffs. Standard is the standard. Shouldn’t have tie against the damn Lions.

3. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Ok, the moneyline is +525, so if you've got some money lying around, you can make 5.25X whatever you're willing to bet considering you're positive the Jags are winning. Pretty easy money. $100 gets you $525.

• Like Like x 1
  4. steel_d_curtain

steel_d_curtain Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Come on man! Jacksonville is going to beat the Colts, no other choice.

Lawrence is going to have a monstrous game. All pressure on the Colts in this one. Jags upset guaranteed in this one!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. steel_d_curtain

steel_d_curtain Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Ill wait to place a wager when it’s 3-0 Colts and those odds jump more!

6. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Let’s see who plays for Colts next weekend.
    Let’s see if the NFL changing covid rules allowing Wentz to return earlier backfires or not.
    He probably wasn’t 100% healthy today.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Steelers are finishing 8-8-1. Anyone who has watched Mike Tomlin coach could predict it. Which one of the next 2 games they win, is the only unknown.

8. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Hes not positive he’s a troll how can you guys not see this??!!

9. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    The Browns are eliminated and might lay down tomorrow. Will be tough to beat Bmore there with this team. I see 8-8-1 perfect for the MT fanboys and forever trolling the rest of us

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Unfortunately, winning out isn't the standard, at least not lately. Wish it was. JMO>

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    The new standard is do anything necessary to have 0 legitimate championship chance while getting the worst possible draft pick. That is this hell I mean standard we are in.

12. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I see the Stains trying to stick it to us again like last year and maybe are playing for something that they have been missing for decades, pride. Last year could have been their high-water mark for another 30 years. JMO>

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I get what some people are saying it's good to get in, but you have to have zero confidence in this team to do anything. The body of work is just not there.

14. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Stop guaranteeing ****!

15. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Thank Shahid Kahn for that.

Lots of people can critique Art Rooney II all they want; some of it though being warranted for certain. If my feet were held to the fire to pick between the two, AR 2 is not just the correct choice but the only choice. AR 2 has made some unusual and even goofy decisions for sure.

They PALE in comparison to Kahn's.... by a COUNTRY MILE.

• Like Like x 1
  16. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    I mean the Urban Meyer hire was dumb but I feel like Trevor Lawrence selection is a no brainer for any team in that position. The Jags did show promise under Coughin and Marrone, hell they beat us in the playoffs. But never panned out long term.

• Like Like x 1
  17. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

That is Shahid Kahn for you in a nutshell; patient for when something works but too aggressive when it does not work out in one season. He needs to find a happy medium. That said, none of that is a factor.

Trent Baalke will see to it that Trevor Lawrence will sadly become a possible bust. Remember that Baalke and Jim Harbaugh got into it repeatedly; the downfall of the 49ers of the early 2010s being a result. Baalke wants a puppet and Kahn is not going to impede in his search for one.

18. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I don`t know about that. Jackson probably will always get hurt each season due to his style of play. He is not quite elite even when he is healthy.

I hope we go all in on building the O-line. We could go old school next year, defense and run the ball.

• Like Like x 2
  19. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Browns eliminated, so maybe they don`t play hard. Wonder what Ratbirds situation will be when we play them. They could be eliminated depending on NFL schedule. Harbough may be thinking draft, but then again maybe he is on hot seat. Wonder if we get their best effort.

If we win one more game, Tomlin keeps his no-losing-season streak going.

20. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I see us losing to Cleveland on Monday Night and then Ben retires after week 17; no reason for him to take a beating in a meaningless game.

Mason starts against Baltimore.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Oh poop forgot that it's not Ben's last last game.

• Like Like x 1
  22. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Well if Kansas City gets the bye that would mean we would have won a Playoff game.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  23. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Actually win or lose MNF I believe that is happening anyhow. Unless we still have a shot week 18 Ben's last game is tonight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I'm more worried about our putrid run defense

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
  25. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Are you talking about now or the future? I say the latter.

This could be a 1st round, 1st pick bust. He doesn't look NFL caliber. At all.

Please PLEASE Stop!