1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Help the Steelers Sunday

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jammasterc, Jan 2, 2022.

1. WNYFAN

WNYFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2020
    If the inevitable happens, Tomlin’s Steelers will have gone 5 years since a playoff win. The longest Noll went was 4 years, the longest Cowher went was 3 years.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It depends on your definition of elite. Outside of Mahomes, Rogers, Brady, Allen, and Herbert, who would you want over Burrow? Is the top six elite?

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. SteelersFanInCalgary

SteelersFanInCalgary New Member

Nov 22, 2021
    if you were starting a franchise today, Burrow would be the QB you would pick. He’s putting up insane numbers while running for his life.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    It is never an easy solution. Of course the 'gals were is a position in the draft to take Burrows, and i
    Or typical Browns QB selection process l

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    And for the Bengals it’s been 31 years and everyone is crowning them.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah, I’m not sure one result was helpful.

7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I remember saying Burrow would be good, but I got a bunch of....He's not fast enough, his arms the weakest of all of them. LoL. Even some went so far as 2 say Tua,and Hurts would be better because they are more athletic. LoL.

8. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Yep changes definitely need to be made across the board starting with paying and bringing in top notch assistant coaches. Art Rooney can’t come out yet again and use both Covid and injuries as an excuse for this team and say having another non losing season is a success. People are tired of hearing it and it’s inexcusable for him to even say that if he actually does. At some point Tomlin’s seat has to start getting warm here. You shouldn’t get to go well over 5 years without no playoff wins it’s just not good enough.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
  9. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    This is only his 2nd year and coming back from major injury. Him and Chase have amazing chemistry, give him an OL and he definitely can be elite.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I honestly don't know how anyone thought Mayfield was going 2 Be any better than just ok.. I was saying He shouldn't even be 1st round. Yet He went not only 1st round, but 1st. LoL . That year I really didn't like anyone coming out at Qb in the early 1st.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'd take Him over Allen. Still not sold on Allen.
    JMO

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Steelers suck this year and don't deserve the playoffs.

Go Pirates!

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011
    Ravens lost
    Cowboys lost

that’s usually a good day

Just gotta beat the Browns

• Like Like x 3
  14. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    No it isn't. I'd say a more perfect description is that he is a f ing retard. And I am not sorry. JMO>

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  15. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    Good call. Watched that magical LSU run and am not shocked by his effectiveness but he is getting pounded like Andrew Luck.

The one who shocks me not being top 1/3rd tier of the League was Tua. I thought he was the real deal as well as the Sam Darnold.

Maybe its the organization and the OC system that you are brought into that can make a difference to your career but I would estimate over the past 30 years there have been hundreds of millions of dollars invested in these QBs and such a small % stays top 1/3rd tier consistently throughout their career.

• Like Like x 1
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    See I didn't see it in Tua(He may even now turn out great) . He was 2 often Hurt because He held onto the ball 2 long(IMO) in college....if You have 2 do that in college ....Well....the NFL will be way harder, and You won't be playing behind one of the best teams(like in Alabama).
    S. Darnold for Me was a Turnovers machine in college. That's the only reason I didn't like Him. If You are a Qb,and a Turnovers machine in college....I would bet 88% of the time it will get worse for You...Not better. These are just my opinions, and I have no scientific evidence 2 support them. :thumbs_up:
    Only thing I look at in college is How fast is He going from read 2 read,and How little He turns its over. Most have enough arm strength at that age, and throwing 2 guys that are open by 7 yards don't impress me. Nor How fast they are. No matter How fast You are ....the ball is faster.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Chainmover1

Chainmover1 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2014
    you got it.

there are now already 5 teams with 10 wins. lac and lv with 9 play each other next week for 6 then as you stated indy with 9 plays @jax[must win] for the 7th spot.

of course, as charlie brown would say, good f====== grief, they will probably all tie and there will be 4 teams with 9-7-1 records ---nah, forget it bye bye tomlin.

18. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Or they could start drafting a little better. They've missed on 1st rounder picks as much over the last 8 years as they've hit. And they've drafted questionable at times. Gesicki was there for the taking when they took Edmunds. And there are several other years where a TE was there and they took questionable other guys.

Cree Humphrey was the pick in R2 this year.

They could have traded down, picked up picks and gotten a decent RB (maybe not Harris, but RB3, 4, 5 in the 21 draft with another pick or two and grabbing Humphrey and another pick probably would make this team better than what they are now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    It is definitely entertaining watching this playoff battle play out. Almost as fun as watching the mathematicians on here debate the steelers chances if making a WC.

I'll be glad when it's over and pimply steel d curtain fades away into the woodwork again

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    In your 4 team 9-7-1 scenario, the Chargers and Colts get in. Steelers and Raiders dont

21. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    They got bailed out by a couple of questionable penalties and their franchise QB reinjured his knee.

22. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

I’ve been hooked on NFL tiebreakers for over 30 yrs. as an engineer who does mathematical modeling for a living, it’s an interesting diversion. You can have 100,000 different outcomes with a week or two to go. The media doesn’t understand probabilities, the fans overstate or understate chances depending on the last game.

I find this fun, but I understand why many don’t !

• Like Like x 3
  23. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Screenshot_20220101-085658~2.png

• Like Like x 1
  24. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Gonna enjoy seeing the Bungholes get bounced in the playoffs one and dine!!

25. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Since the Steelers last won a playoff game, the following teams have won a playoff game

Saints, Falcons, Jags (Yes the Jags), Titans, Vikings, Eagles, Patriots, Chargers, Colts, Chiefs, Cowboys, Rams, Seahawks, Packers, 49ers, Texans, Ravens, Bills, Browns, Bucs,

Meaning that of the other 31 teams, 20 have won a playoff game since the Steelers last did.

The company the Steelers are with:

Dolphins, Jets, Bengals, Broncos, Raiders, Giants, WFT, Lions, Bears, Panthers, Cardinals. Bengals and Cardinals are likely to break that streak before the Steelers do, putting the Steelers in the bottom 10 of the NFL in this category. What exactly is the standard?

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Hilarious x 1
    • Informative x 1