1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Trade for Matt Ryan?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Mashburn, Dec 27, 2021.

1. SpeedyMikeWallace

SpeedyMikeWallace Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Trade a first for a guy who is playing just like Ben lol where do you people come up with this ****

2. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    If you see we can go further with a crap pick QB at #2. And a late projected OL with our #1. Than that's the way to go.

For me I see we have more of an issue with accuracy, deep throws, quick throws etc etc. And this QB going in the draft are trash, and there's no one out there that's decent for FA that I know of.

3. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Rodgers might, if the concessions on upgrading the OLINE happened. the rest of the skill positions are pretty talented, or at least capable.

4. Trellaine

Trellaine Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2015
    Ryan is 36 and the OP wants to give up a first? Yikes. Get us some lineman please.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Big Ben isn't even hitting his players. Ryan #1 guy is a #3 WR. What **** you got better?

Here's big Ben stats the last 4 years
    3 years. That is a difference. and he has not missed a season and keep playing through injuries like Big Ben.

6. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Y'all got to quit this thinking there is a QB to be drafted. pickets is the only first round caliber. the next two or second round caliber. and then its 3rd calibers.

7. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    I'm fine with Mariota. Carr and Bridgewater is a hard no.

8. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Because he blows chunks. That is why you do not go with mason.

9. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I don’t think Ryan is much better than Ben at this point. Nobody is giving up anything meaningful for him. Even a third would be overpaying IMO

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Only other option is getting Mariota. Because I hate this caliber level of QB in the draft.

11. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :confused1:

Carr and Bridgewater are better than Mariota. :facepalm:

12. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Matt ryan #'s

[​IMG]

vs

Big Ben #'s

[​IMG]

Matt Ryan plays with a #3 WR as his top WR. and the WR that left after Ryan ended up being trash. Look at Julio Jones with the titans when he is healthy. Also Ryan stays healthy and is 3 years younger.

13. SpeedyMikeWallace

Oct 18, 2011
    You could get Minshew for nothing and have a decent enough production.

This team isn’t a QB away from competing. It needs to completely replace its DL, get a RT for the OL, and find two outside CBs. And probably a SS. And likely a MLB if Bush doesn’t regain his old form next year. And possibly a C if Green doesn’t doesn’t show improvement next year.

14. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    my brain was nothing thinking carr even when I said it. LOL but I am fine with Carr. then meh on Mariotta. and defiantly not bridgewater.

15. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    I agree we have a lot of pieces. but if we do not want to give a first for ryan. then we do not need to be drafting a QB in the first. (Which I think you agree with theres no one there after picket with the top 5 pick).

minshew had a big day..... don't let it sway you.

I seen how this board reacted to when I first mentioned trading for rodgers after week 1. everyone hated it and then after week 10ish people jumped on the bandwagon with how it would be a pipe dream and stopped to the hating at me...... and now the same is happening with me bringing up Ryan. Watch him go to the Broncos and have top 5 QB stats for 3 years with them.

16. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Matt ryan #'s

[​IMG]

vs

Big Ben #'s

[​IMG]

- Matt Ryan plays with a #3 WR as his top WR. and the WR that left after Ryan ended up being trash. Look at Julio Jones with the titans when he is healthy.
    - Also Ryan stays healthy and is 3 years younger.
    - and big ben is done anyhow.

17. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I think Julio was probably done either way.

I still don’t think we’d see a big improvement on offence if we swapped Ryan for Ben and I certainly wouldn’t be giving a high pick for him.

By all accounts the Falcons are considering moving on at this point. Why would they be doing that if they still believe he is a championship QB?

Not sold on Ryan at this stage in his career at all, JMO

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't think the OC gets fired he never really got to run his stuff so why would he want another QB who can't run his scheme ? Then throw in we don't have the Team to be in a win now mode ..IMO we need a solid 2 year plan and then insert the win now QB or the future franchise QB if we can find him.. I still think Dobbs is the plan and not Mason if we stick with the current OC
    As I have stated many times a mobile QB is the best fit for poor OL play and it opens up running lanes for the RB'S as well ... I would go with a Center and move Greene to Guard where he belongs and draft another RB to be the #2 punch .. Go with the zone read ,boot, waggle, sprint, spread and all that type of stuff..Run the ball and use PA off each and every run from every set we use..

19. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    1. Ben is done.
    2. Ben i injury prone.
    3. Ben played with legit WR. while Ryan was playing with a #3 WR. Ridley called it quits for mental issues and Julio was traded.

and no way Julio was done according to the league. Falcons had trade offers from all over the place.

no one can name me one QB that went on to perform better or even the same after playing with Ryan. and it is because it never happened.

20. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    agreed..... But I do not like dobbs or mason or any draft pick. therefore only Carr or Mariotta until after the 2 year plan.

21. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
  22. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Ben is done. even with a great line, ben would still find a way to get injured and/or play injured. Ryan you do not have the injury illness.

23. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    What you got better?

24. SpeedyMikeWallace

Oct 18, 2011
    Under no circumstance do you give a first rounder for Matt Ryan.

There aren’t any QBs worth using a mid-1st on this year. And we don’t need to get one this year. We need to build a team for a good QB to step into.

Minshew is a good stop gap. No one thinks he’s a long term answer.

I’d definitely trade for Rodgers. I’ve been talking about that all year. But Matt Ryan? No. I know he has similar numbers to Ben but that’s not the selling point you think it is. Both QBs suck and should hang it up

25. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Fair enough I just think Dobbs will look much better in a mobile type system..He looked good that 1 pre season scrambling and making throws on the run and then Coach T told him to stop and stay in the pocket .. He will never be great but he may be adequate in a mobile system Ben forced the system I am curious to how much it will change when he is gone..