1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mean Joe wants Ben to come back

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Dec 19, 2021.

1. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    I imagine this will go something like what we had for a few years before we drafted Ben. Try out some league veterans while rebuilding the team. Once the team looks solid, draft your franchise QB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Terry Bradshaw said he's going to kick your butt:)

Two different era's in the NFL.

3. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Obviously they don't but what bothers me is it is their turn (some of them) to have one and we have to start over. I hate that Bengals and Ravens have a young QB. I am finally realizing I may have been wrong about the great Browns QB.

4. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I agree but I hate Rodgers. I fear I'm going to hate the NFCCG if the Bays play each other. Hate Brady, hate Rodgers. GO AFC!!

5. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Mean Joe wants Ben to come back, well I want Mean Joe to come back.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Bradshaw is the best Steelers QB. If Ben could rise to the occasion like TB did, he might have four SB’s as well. Ben has laid too many eggs in big spots to earn that title.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    Mean Joe Greene should not be sad ive seen Steelers lose 50 something to something beat by the browns

8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Winner. :this!:

9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I Love Bradshaw(1st Jersey I picked out as a Kid), but Give Ben those teams before You say that. Again How many of those players played at the same time together with Bradshaw are in the HOF, and Now do Ben that have Been with Him all the way like when Bradshaw was great. Not close. One was gone after 2 years.
    Another after 4.

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Impossible to have a conversation about Ben with you. No one is better than Ben in your eyes.

Just look to Bens most recent playoffs fiasco, what did he have, 3, 4 interceptions in the Browns game? The snap over his head wasn’t his fault but standing around and watching it be recovered sure was part of the problem.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  11. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Bradshaw was a much better post season QB than Roethlisberger. It's not even close. Roethlisberger's best playoff performances were vs. Colts in '05 and Broncos in '05 and '15 when Martavis Bryant was his #1 WR, since AB was out. Bradshaw was money in the post season. Ben.. not so much.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Me too. Was a tad surprised to see him right back in next possession. Wonder how he felt getting up this morning though? JMO>

13. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Agree, but wonder why we're hearing so much from him all of a sudden (it seems like)?

14. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    No. not really, Green Bay has their own significant injury issues, especially on the OL.

15. ljkjr74

ljkjr74 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    Let’s steal ravens backup QB Tyler Huntley. He looked good on Sunday. Running QB dangerous.

16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No . LOL. It's ridiculous 2 compare the teams they both played on.
    How can You compare a team with 11 HOF players with one that had 3, and 2 of those no longer than 4 years.
    Just like it's ridiculous 2 compare Tds or passing stats between both . Different times, and different teams.
    Don't get your feelings hurt. :shrug: GEEZZZZ!!!
    What I don't do is let My hate blind Me.
    One Qb played with about 11 HOFs most His career, and one played with a total of 3.
    Of those HOFs one played for 2 years, one for 4 years , and 1 for 9 years.
    If You can't tell the difference in the 2 teams.....Well I don't know what 2 say. :shrug:
    This has really nothing 2 do with Ben, or Terry, but with the Teams, and times.
    It's stupid 2 be arguing about the 2 greatest Qbs on the Steelers.

17. SteelersMagic85

SteelersMagic85 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2021
    Ben is still a top 12-17 quarterback in my opinion and I think he is closer to top 12. With a better offensive line I think his numbers would be better and so would the offense as a whole. Ben has done a great job for the most part, taking care of the ball this year.

Long story short, I hope he comes back for one more year. We will see. Really hoping he retires after a deep run in the playoffs this year:)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    LOL you can’t hurt my feelings.

It was harder to play QB then. Let’s not kid ourselves, Ben has played with some great talent, having HOF players on the team has nothing to do with throwing to the wrong team, which Ben does repeatedly in big games.

If you don’t know that TB rose to the occasion and Ben doesn’t, I don’t know what to tell you. Best example of Ben rising to the occasion was against Arizona. He didn’t against GB and numerous playoff games.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Ok:thumbs_up:

20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

upload_2021-12-20_18-43-16.gif

• Like Like x 1
  21. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Joe also said that Tomlin will win coach of the year.o_O

22. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Terry Bradshaw is the best QB in Steelers history…PERIOD! He played in an era when roughing the passer was non-existent and a DB could ride a receiver 50 yards downfield with no interference called. But above all, he’s the best quarterback in Steelers history because he came up big on the biggest stage in the biggest game EVERY…SINGLE…TIME he needed to. He didn’t dink and dunk, he rifled the ball 40, 50, 60 yards downfield on a line when games, nay, when Super Bowls were on the line! Ben’s stat lines are better, but Ben played below the line in Super Bowls for the most part other than one magical drive against the Cards. He had played average football up to that point in the game. He also had the lowest rating for any winning QB in Super Bowl history against the Seahawks and didn’t come through when he had the opportunity against the Packers. For that reason, he’s not the greatest quarterback in Steelers history, Bradshaw is. In fact, I still say that if I could have one quarterback to win one Super Bowl it would be the Blonde Bomber and no one else!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
  23. steel_d_curtain

steel_d_curtain Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    here we go again a guy (old farts) comparing football to the 70’s, basically 50 years ago. Bradshaw wouldn’t survive in this League today period! Training much more aggressive and back then players were boozing it up and smoking cigarettes after games. Soft 12-14 game schedules and no media pressure like today.

go ahead compare and start telling us reading waiting for a newspaper is better than internet too!

24. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah, Mean Joe Greene and Jack Lambert wouldn’t make it in today’s game either, right son? I’m not comparing today’s game to the 70s game. I’m saying that when Bradshaw had to come up big he came up big! Ben’s Super Bowl performance has been overall, sub-par. What about that don’t you understand sonny boy?

25. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    And by the way, do you realize what an athlete Bradshaw was in his day? Let’s put him in the DeLorean and bring the 70s Bradshaw to present day, give him all of the training advantages of today’s athletes and see what he could do. Let’s do the same with a guy like Mel Blount. Oh, and if you don’t know what a DeLorean is, go upstairs and ask your momma!