1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Dalvin Cook to Erin Andrews: “You could have got the ball and ran through"

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Dalvin Cook trashed the Steelers D to Erin Andrews:

In the aftermath, the splendid sprinter out of Florida State graciously told FOX sideline reporter Erin Andrews that with the holes blown in Pittsburgh’s defense by his offensive line, she could have done serious damage herself.

“You could have got the ball and ran through,” Cook gushed on the postgame TV.

“Yeah I could,” Andrews said. :lolol::roflmao::hehehe:

2. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Thing is, they didn't even have to blow holes in the D line. The D line wasn't even there to he blocked. I can't remember seeing anything like that

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    This run defense is horrid. I know they have had injuries but that is where coaching comes into play. Unfortunately we have MT

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    It was funny when Troy Aikman said... with the Cowboys I had one of the best O-lines in NFL history. And that Cowboys O-line didn't open up holes the way the Vikings line is doing now to the Steelers defense.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Aikman was pretty brutal last night. Brutally honest.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I said the same thing in the GameDay thread. I think I could have ran for 100 yards last night.

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Yeah, well he wasn't lying. Dalvin Cook is a stud but wasn't even supposed to play and the Steelers D gave up the most rushing yards to a RB league wide so far this season. Truth hurts and this D should be embarrased.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Steelers last in rushing yards allowed and average per carry.

Every team just needs to run it we can’t stop it. No need to pass

9. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    The Steelers used to pride themselves on being able to stop the run. Didn’t they have a run of multiple years not allowing a 100 yard rusher?

10. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    That’s embarrassing on national TV the Steelers are a joke wouldn’t be surprised if they did a SNL skit on that

11. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I'd love to with a wet frozen nurf football!
    Old School!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    SNL has plenty of material from the Jets and Giants.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  13. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Remembering the game, I watched Butler on the sideline, with his sheet of TP he got out of the trash and nothing really on it, looking around like he didn't know what in theee hell he was supposed to do to stop the bleeding. I kid you not. Normal coaches are shakin and bakin with computer printouts, NASA photos, discussing tactics with others, then there is Butler. Standing by himself looking like he is afraid of being kicked off of the sideline because he lost his field pass. Maybe I was the only one to get that impression but that is what I got. JMO>

14. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Sad comment. But truthful.

15. Chainmover1

Chainmover1 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2014
    this reminds me of a possibly funny comment i made watching a mon night bears game.

this was a few years ago and chicago had fallen on hard times running a non-dimensional offense

among other things.

they had just fired abe gibron a replacement type coach and put in another stop gap guy/ i think

his name was armstrong.

anyway things were not going too good.

he seemed to have a confused look in his eyes and was prancing around the sidelines calling guys over ,

stufflike that. somebody in the bar says "wonder what he's saying" I [being a smart ass] says oh he's asking that guy "what's the score and the guy mumbles out something[i really don't recall] then

he said "who's winning" :smiley1:

needless to say he didn't last long either.

btw: i defended butlera few years ago when the d had gone bad. somehow it got corrected and at times was
    one of the leagues best. I really don't believe he is responsible for this new D's problems.

oh, the questioner did not get mad he was a friend of mine. otherwise???

16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    If You break the tape down its not scheme as much as players taking themselves out of the play.

• Like Like x 2
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Two of the biggest run support guys, with some coverage, should be ILB and Strong Safety. It has been brought to the attention of this board, by knowledgeable members, that we may be lacking in quality here.

Scheme is not the problem.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Before super bowl IX , Chuck Knoll told his nervous players if they do what they have been taught, they will win. They did what they were taught.

You can’t create new plays or schemes on offense or defense to overcome lack of ability and lack of intelligence. Mostly, you can’t overcome lack of intelligence.

• Winner Winner x 2
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This is why I brought up that article I read awhile back , about Steelers, and NE drafting Intelligence over talent, compared 2 all the other teams.....it seems We have changed that since. I believe the article is over 10 years old.

20. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    This defense is soft. No fire. No grit. No toughness. Outside 2 or 3 guys.

21. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Dalvin Cook could have run the ball through our defense in Erin Andrews heels.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2