1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Long list of terrible decisions that get you embarrassed by the Bungels

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Nov 28, 2021.

1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    - Paying Juju over Nelson or Hilton

- Picking Pierre over Nelson or Hilton

- Using high draft picks for years on WRs and paying Juju over Nelson or Hilton

- Drafting a guard with 3 games at center in college to start right away at center in the pros.

- Not using James Washington correctly. Ben hates his guts and 1st look all game is an out route pinned deep with 30 seconds left.

- 3/4 is dead. So sick of zone corners. Pierre sucks.

- Wasting draft picks on Maryland players because Tomlin is too lazy to actually scout players.

Feel free to add on. There's a lot more.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    They decided this was a transition year, I’m shocked how many inexperienced DBs they are playing this year.

3. Coolhandluke23

Coolhandluke23 Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2021
    They played with no heart they were flat.they are not being prepared for these games.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    I worry the front office actually did not realize this team had no chance of being competitive. We sold off draft picks to build a terrible team with no depth. We don’t have back ups that can replace old starters.

Not sure what the front office thinks they’ll see from Tomlin that they haven’t already. 10 years of decline kinda tells you this team has no chance with Tomlin as the hc.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I agree with everything the OP wrote, except for the 3/4. The 34 is fine. We just suck at it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. bobby

bobby Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Believing in Tomlin even though he did nothing with a franchise QB and talented roster for years. Also getting 4 easy wins against browns and bengals every year to keep his no losing season streak alive. Which is not the case anymore

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    So the last time they lost to Cincy, it was because Watt was hurt.

Watt was there today, how'd that work?

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Wow, I looked it up and Tomlin led Steelers really did feast on the Browns and Bengals. He only lost 14 times to them. Lot of wins, which I loved of course.

• Like Like x 2
  9. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    Harris is not working out. We passed on Rousseau and Oweh. That's just not the Steelers way.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Especially Hilton.

Watt I feel was not 100% and it showed. His high motor was in low gear. The whole defense was in low gear except for Heyward and Schobert

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012

Starting to see signs of Harris dancing and hesitating some while looking slower. I'm thinking he is getting wore out. Also saw where Ben asked coach Tomlin maybe he should sit Harris some in the 4th quarter. Doesn't look good for the rest of the season.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Did you forget that the Bengals had a five Year stretch of going 2 the playoffs during that time. So just because We were beating them doesn't mean they sucked.

13. Coolhandluke23

Coolhandluke23 Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2021
    When tomlin got hired he had a pretty good team around him. He is just the face that's all. I used to like him. But like ha away . they say he is a motivater no he is NOT he is motionless. I remember a few years back some players were saying he has no control of the locker room this is true.he let's these players do whatever they want. It shows on the field

14. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Steelers have a HOF QB coming to the end, and a long stretch of picking late in the draft. This decline was inevitable.

Keeping Nelson or Hilton would have made little difference today. This team has an awful lot of rebuilding to do before they can’t be taken seriously as contenders again.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Fact check: Nelson has a Defensive QB rating of 111. Hilton had a defensive QB rating of 105 before today's game. The Steelers defense sucks because their 3-legged stool of Alualu, Tuitt, and Heyward, only has one leg. I am almost tempted to give Bush a pass because of Tuitt and Alualu missing.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Drafting Bush, at all, but especially at an enormous cost, is killing the defense.

The coaching staff is awful.

You know, go from there and add lots of other terrible decisions.

17. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    This is The End. The End, my beautiful friend. This is The End.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Yep!!!

Start with the trenches. Work from there. Everything starts up front and this team clearly is lacking on both sides of the ball.

I understand that many want a QB from this class but I would advise HIGH CAUTION on taking one in Round One for this team. Way. Too. Many. Problems. To. Address.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Father?
    Yes son?
    I want to kill you.

Mother?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Do you remember how thirsty Tomlin was staring at Mason Rudolph during his pro day? ... someone needs to take the talent acquisition powers from him pronto.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I worry the front office thinks they're smarter than they actually are in a football sense. I don't know if this is the way it is, but they should be observing what other teams are doing, the successful ones, from a scheme standpoint. But they don't seem to do this, we're the Steelers and how dare you question our ways!

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    This team is bad but, not Doors bad! :puking2:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  23. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    FULL REBUILD

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Drafting Edmunds over Lamar Jackson. And yes I agree they should have let Juju move on and paid Hilton. And this is by far the worst group of linebackers to ever wear a Steelers uniform. And I miss Aaron Smith.

• Like Like x 1
  25. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015

Tomlin has never been an x’s and o’s guy. He has always been about motivation and imposing your will to win. He talks about this all of the time .

Alot of players like it because its simple and they’re allowed to have fun and act as an individual while working as a team. Philosophically he thinks you can win by just doing what we do over and over til you get it right. Do not change from the plan.

This is why we react to late in games and why we do not adjust offensive and defensive strategies during the season. No matter the injuries, personnel problems, miss matches, strengths , weaknesses, etc. we do not change what we want to do.

This is also supported by the keep it simple play calling and game prep. Simplicity = Less mistakes . Its a self defeating plan when you do not have superior talent. Tomlin thought it was the plan not the players that made him good. He’s now finding out the truth.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1