1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The time is past for #55

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bleednblackngold, Nov 14, 2021.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    No Ben lol if we had Ben we win by 3 easily

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    One more time for all the Bush lovers, go back and watch him play last 2 games and come back and say there is nobody better then him on our team. :facepalm:.He needs sit out and watch some games. Maybe the worst linebacker in the NFL in the last couple of games.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. I always look 2 You 2 cheer me up HeinzMustard :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers weren't going to draft a QB in the first round to sit behind Ben.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Not this :poopy: again :facepalm:

6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree with the shouldn't taken T. Edmunds, but not Lamar. You do know Lamar has only beaten us once , and that was against Mason, and Duck...and it took a roughing the passer penalty 2 do it ...so he could win in overtime by a kicked field goal. I really don't know what people see in Lamar besides he's fast.

7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    One of My best friends is an Eagles fan , and he freaking hates the Qb

8. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    He's 28 games into his career and 23 years old. Yup, time to move on. :rolleyes:

9. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    He was an unbelievable warrior in college and great exactly where we need him. Sadly, since the injury where has that guy gone? I’m hoping he can still do this but I agree that its at the point where even a benching may be in order. We at least know Spillane can bang against the run and maybe that will motivate him. Man, I’m hanging my head here cuz sometimes it looks like a lack of effort and that is just inexcusable for a big ten first round Steeler LB. I know Tomlin was riding him at camp, has that messed with his head?

Sad about this one.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
  10. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Yeah that’s pretty obvious by what they did I just disagree with them on not taking the best player left on the board a Heisman trophy winner dual threat QB who was absolutely unstoppable in college. But no let’s get a average unknown safety who probably would have still been on the board in the 3rd or 4th round.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Jarvis Jones played 50 games as a Steeler. I can't see where Bush is going to be what they need him to be playing another 22. And Jones never had a major knee injury. I think the injury has robbed him of the one asset he did have and that was blazing speed. His tackling is poor, he's out of position too many times and he simply does not make enough splash plays. If he was a third rounder, I wouldn't have a problem with him.

12. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The DL isn't helping the ILBs IMO

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm sorry the truth disturbs you so much.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Great point. I really think his problem is more mental than physical, but ot may stem from the injury. Unfortunately, I think that's a much harder problem to fix. The more he second guesses himself and misses a play, the more he thinks and makes it worse. It seems to have snowballed on him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    4 First Round draft "busts" in 14 years. You do realize how far above the average that is, as you criticize Tomlin, don't you?

• Like Like x 1
  16. chris2fer

Nov 7, 2016
    I was at the Florida State game where he dropped 63 points on them. I live about 10 miles from the University of Louisville. He can put a whole team on his back. After he left the next year they won 2 games.he holds the NFL record for most wins under 25 years of age. And will break many more. You can hate the Ravens I get it but passing on him was a huge mistake. And if Colbert was honest about it he would tell you the same thing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    I said it earlier this week Bush and Edmunds are total draft busts. Don’t give me the ACL stuff either, the guy plays with zero heart and effort. Then again he is from Michigan!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I doubt it. Did You just not hear P. River take a shot at Him(Lamar),and because P, and E. Manning knew it was true ,but didn't want 2 get in trouble they just smiled.

19. chris2fer

Nov 7, 2016
    Yeah that’s why we’re always chasing him for first place. Rivers is a old bitter guy who’s mad he has no SB jewelry.

20. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    This thread expresses my thoughts long ago.

I try to give him the benefit of the doubt, but the reality is if I'm an opposing team I'm running the ball right at him as he'll move out of the way or overpursue.

Ask my girlfriend as I watched the game my mouth couldn't stop craptalking our interior run defense it was driving me nuts.

Heyward and TJ Watt are defensive studs however. Happy they are in the black and gold

21. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    So you think Rivers is jealous of Jackson’ postseason success? Lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. chris2fer

Nov 7, 2016
    No I think he’s bitter that HE didn’t win won.

23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I believe He was just saying what E, and P Manning brought up about a Qb knowing what 2 do on certain blitz, and Was amazed that You could Run the Same blitz...what did he say ??? 30 times at Lamar, and He couldn't figure it out. That's why I really try not 2 judge a Qb before they get that Big contract. Even Lamar, but You notice the teams that have faced Him more than once He has a real problem with. Yes He has a lot of wins, but a lot are against teams facing Him for the 1st time.

24. Franco

Franco Active Member

Sep 19, 2019
    I think it might take him the off-season to get back in real football shape to be where he was at from the injury

25. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Brutal rep for Bush - gets easily washed out by a TE.

• Informative Informative x 1