1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The time is past for #55

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bleednblackngold, Nov 14, 2021.

1. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Guy deserves much less playing time at this point. The time is past for allowing him to play through his issues. Time for some accountability!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Incredibly disappointing. It’s not inconceivable that he could still turn it around but he really doesn’t look good.

I don’t see how they can pick up his option now. They will be looking to the draft again in the coming years for this position that always seems to be a need.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Accountability. That's a word not in MT's dialog ever.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    He is really bad without a good nose tackle. Dude is terrible against the run .

Looks like Minkah and Bush are playing hurt. Both really want no part of tackling a RB. If they aint grabbing at a jersey to make a tackle, they aint gonna touch the guy. Never seen two players so obviously go out of their way to avoid physical contact.

5. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    That draft pick shook the organization for years to come. Needed a grand slam with a trade like that, they struck out.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    That's the biggest problem I have with him. I give him credit for other aspects, but that continues to bother me.

7. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  8. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    There’s no way they should pick up his option now. At this point I’d rather have Spillane. He’s awful in pass pro, but at least he can tackle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It is a shame we moved up for this guy.

10. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    I mean maybe I am spoiled by the LBs and how they have made splash plays for the last 40s lol.

Anyone on this board maybe think that Butler is not using him correctly or he is having trouble processing mentally the play in front of him so he looks off balance?

11. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    He tore is ACL last year. It looks like it took away his elite speed and confidence.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Bust. Agreed. I said it then. His lack of effort really pissed me off. Remember you all talking about mark Barron jogging on one play, well Bush does it a lot. Very little effort during this season. He needs benched. Olsavsky and butler need to go. Hell, shazier have more effort on crutches. This dude needs to go.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020
    Didn't like it then, looks worse now

Add in taking Edmunds over Darius Leonard and yikes.....

14. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020

You are 100% spot on

Issue is Tomlin calls this def n that has to change too

15. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Schobert is a million times better. Bush has definitely eclipsed Edmunds as the biggest 1st round bust. Actually... Edmunds is a much better all around player at this point. Sorry Former scribe. :smiley1:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    He might go on to have a nice career, but I don't think Pittsburgh can afford to wait. Unless he tears it up the second half of this year, I wouldn't pick up the option on him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That is the domino that set the disaster in motion. Bush keeps making the same mistakes over and over again. He constantly makes bad reads and takes himself out of plays, creating massive holes for opposing running backs. He also got beat and took a defensive holding after Johnson's fumble in OT. Goff actually made a poor throw that might have been intercepted even if he hadn't held the tight end.

They have to bench Bush at this point. He simply isn't playing well enough to be in the lineup.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He’s not playing that good, but he’s better than any other ILB on the roster

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    He’s the best first round bust lol

Edmunds
    Bush
    Jarvis
    Burns

20. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Edmunds :hardrock:

• Like Like x 1
  21. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Or it is not fully recovered. Remember that tendon and ligament injuries take more time to heal than bones. ACL injuries are no longer the career killers they once were a decade ago and never mind a generation ago at that.

Regardless, his play has severely declined; leading me to believe it is a lot more based on the lack of processing to go along with some low confidence. Both are a recipe for disaster for certain. That said, I do agree that it is going to be tough to pick up that fifth year option for him should his play continue to decline as it has been thus far this season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I agree. If Bush gets benched then Spillane starts. How is that an improvement?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  23. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    :rolleyes:

Shobert is better than Bush. :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I can't believe how dumb some of you people are. It makes me feel better about myself. No matter how dumb I am....I can visit this forum and know that no matter how dumb I am...there are many more dumber than I. :cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Bush is coming off major knee surgery that often has players looking like this.

You guys are crazy if you think the Steelers are looking at Bush the same way as you do.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2