1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben/Brady Narrative

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Gregory A Hasselbach, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Gregory A Hasselbach

Gregory A Hasselbach New Member

Sep 13, 2021
    Hey all,

I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseum already, but it still irritates me how the Golden Boy has a cannon for an arm and makes the greatest throws by any mortal ever, while Ben "doesn't have the zip on his throws anymore". Forget where I read that. Clickbait.com, probably. I know I shouldn't be baited (npi) into reacting to these "observations", but I watched the highlights of the Bucs-Cowboys, and Brady didn't make any throws much more than 20 yards, into incredibly tight windows with ridiculous power. Other than the TD to AB, nothing jumped out at me. Ben made several nice throws similar to these today. How is this disparity between the two so greatly exaggerated? I get Ben's surgery, TB winning the SB, yinza, yinza, yinza, but man, it's unreal just how much the "media" spins things. Just ranting, sorry.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Steelersfire

Steelersfire Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2019
    All I know is that, "Tom Brady to AB for a touchdown" is the most disgusting formation of words into a sentence that I've ever heard.

Puke.

• Like Like x 6
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I would have bet every cent I have that there would never be a scenario in the NFL where Brady and Brown would be on a team together. I'm surprised L. Bell is not on the team also.:@

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Lots of things are said about Brady, but him having a cannon for an arm is not something I read very often.
    Perhaps there are people that say it, but I'm sure I can find people who say the earth is flat, the moon doesn't exist, etc.

Ignore it. We all know what Brady is and we all know what Ben is.

5. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Tom Brady deserves all the love he gets, he's the best football player to ever live. How he is still doing at age 44 is beyond amazing. We will never see it again.

I've hated Brady so much that it just turned into a respect of the man, and that is no easy feat for a person to do.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  6. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    Brady this Brady that Brady cheats constantly.Brady wouldnt go to Pro Bowls Let me tell u why i think Terry Bradshaw is better Why even Joe Montana is better than Brady Even Joe Namath is. How many Super bowls have they lost 0

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Steelersfire

Steelersfire Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2019
    While I agree with this generally, there would be nothing more satisfying than for Ben to close out his career by beating Brady and AB in the Super Bowl. It would be such a good way to get closure after 20 years of abuse lol...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    You do realize the more Super Bowls you go to, odds are you're gonna lose a couple?

• Like Like x 2
  9. bradshaw12

bradshaw12 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    For me, the GOAT designation for an individual in a team sport, just doesn't make sense. And even if I thought that way, I could not give it to a QB. So little is asked of them physically, a QB's biggest asset is from the neck up. As for the age thing, certainly it speaks to his desire and his commitment to taking care of his body. But, also playing in an era when QB's are protected like newborn babes doesn't hurt. If I am not mistaken, Darrell Green was still a starting DB in the NFL at 40, to me that is more impressive. All that said, I am not saying brady isn't a good QB, just not the GOAT.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    You are right on with Darrell Green. Brady has benefited from new rules changes. He wouldn't have last this long in the 1970's to 2000 NFL.

Guys used to be able to murder QB's. Even early 80s changed a lot, but even the 90's guy took huge shots. Guys like Aikman, Young, maybe Marino could of had longer careers, but injuries did them in.

Darrell Green had freakish speed, such a fast runner, even after age 40, he could run faster than a lot of fast NFL guys who were in their mid 20's.

• Like Like x 1
  11. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Ben/Brady Narrative Fun Fact:

Ben has won 13 playoff games in his career, that’s a lot, Montana won 16, Peyton 14 and Favre 13 are ahead or even with him, Ben is 39 yrs old now.

Since Tom Brady’s 39th birthday, he has won 12 playoff games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SpeedyMikeWallace

SpeedyMikeWallace Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    People who refuse to accept Brady is the MJ of football are amusing. Stop with the childish hate and just watch history.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Aikman and Marino were sacked less than half as many times as Tom Terrific. Young more that 150 times less. Somehow TB still managed to play in the wussified NFL. The guys you name didn’t play in the ‘60s when it was more brutal. They were protected too. It’s not like everybody or anybody is playing QB at 44.

14. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    The cheating gets in my way. He's an elite qb otherwise.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Terry says wut?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    If our receivers took the ball for 10+ yards after the catch, then they would say how big Ben is amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  17. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I get that but Terry only went to 4.

18. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Terry lost a lot of games, he lost playoff games, some at home, with a lineup full of HoFers that others would die for, he lost his starting job to a heroin addict. I guess his winning magic was highly situational.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  19. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    4-0 speaks for itself. Winning magic he did have.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Fe3CCity

Fe3CCity Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012

Love the stat. Brady is that good boys don't make a peanut butter and super jelly sandwich

21. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I hope Ben's arm holds up this season. I said it last year as the season went on, that slow motion replay showed Ben's throwing mechanics changed. His shoulder was not rotating forward as much as it was pushing forward as if he was pushing the ball out. I didn't see it as much yesterday, but I'm hoping it was just sore after the repair last year and is in much better condition this year.

22. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Did anyone see the full Chris Carter interview yesterday that Moats is talking about?

Carter seriously slams Ben but I want to know what he says about Murray because if he slams a 2xSB QB and props up a highly talented but unaccomplished QB then Carter falls even further down my list of guys I don't care to hear from.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I started not liking C. Carter back when he played for the Vikings. Always was running his mouth.

Edit: Moats is right, Ben is low hanging fruit & Carter's argument is all hot air.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Carter was more tolerable than Irvin when he got clean but lately he has gotten further off base in his opinions.

25. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I thought it was a lame attempt at pointing out Ben's weaknesses. Ben isn't stupid, just more risky. :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1