1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Where do the Steelers rank in the AFCN?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Sep 10, 2021.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    It’s only one game but that’s a huge loss for the Ravens earlier tonight. They had a 14 point lead and just completely imploded overall in OT. They are in deep trouble at this point with the Steelers having a game this week against a Raiders team who is probably very beat up after pulling this game out earlier tonight against the Ravens and then having to fly here from the West Coast to play a 1 o clock early game Sunday, while the Ravens have to turn around and play the Chiefs on Sunday night. The Ravens are staring very hard at an 0-2 start while the Steelers are in pretty good shape to start 2-0.

This first week pretty much worked out about as good as you could have hoped for with the Steelers with them upsetting the Bills and both the Browns and Ravens losing games they definitely both should have won.

• Like Like x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Let`s hope no set back against the Raiders. I will be feeling good about this season if the offense plays well this time and the defense is anywhere good as against Bills. In other words, a complete game effort.

I think past history is against us, but it could happen. Would love an easy, low stress win AND one where we played at least pretty good all around.

3. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    What would have been the odds on this after week 1?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The Ravens lost three running backs, but I think it is the loss of Peters at cornerback that might end up doing the most damage. Villanueva also looked terrible.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. UKSheffieldSteeler

UKSheffieldSteeler Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2020
  6. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Ravens are in a very bad spot, too many injuries. And The Steelers had better be aware of the Raiders Defense, Chucky will have them ready like he did last night.

7. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Easily. They still ran for more yards than the Steelers did - it's about their scheme.

Peters is one of the top cover guys in the league.

Not only was Villy terrible, Lamar hasn't improved as a passer. He's always going to be the same guy it that regard.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    really. 3 of those teams opened on the road too. only cinci was at home. :cool:

9. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I still think the Browns win the division and the Steelers grab a WC berth but this was a near-perfect Week One. The Ravens are talented but they're bound for regression with injuries and LJ is becoming a turnover machine in tight games.

10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Agreed. He also doesn't protect the ball well, as evidenced by his two fumbles last night.

Peters is the perfect No. 2 cornerback, and he can be that for Baltimore because they have Humphrey. Peters is going to get burned on occasion when he gets too aggressive, but he is also going to make opposing quarterbacks pay for mistakes in his direction.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Regular season means jack ****.
    When it mattered, the Browns beat us.
    As far as i'm concerned, the Browns are the team to beat in this division.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    And they ran their defense last night as if Peters and Smith were still there. They kept calling zero coverage and man in crucial situations when you don't have the personell for that.

13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Funny thing is ....I've been saying those are the 2 best Qbs in the Division.
    Of course I've been laughed at about it

14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Don't forget Jackson fumbling twice...because He still can't read a field.
    Even on his great Td pass. Scrambles around 2 make a Td ,but never had 2. He had not one , but 2 people open right after the snap. All he had 2 do was throw it, but no .....he didn't see either...so he had 2 Scramble around , and make a harder throw.
    Don't believe me. Go watch the replay.
    If it only happens once or twice a game . It's fine, but it's multiple times every game.
    Happen many times he took off last night with no reason 2.

15. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i agree. baker could be but he ends up doing stupid stuff at some point during the game and ruining what he was doing well. seems like every game. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    The last fumble should have never even happened because they shouldn't have even got to overtime. They played 2 man that entire last drive in regulation for what? You don't have good coverage guys all over the field like you normally would.

17. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Browns are a bigger threat than the Ravens.

18. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    1st

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Wasn't you saying that last year? :rolleyes:

55197719.jpg

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I'll believe the Browns are real when they can win without dominating another team in the run game. They are a Titans-style team. They will just overpower teams that are built to stop the pass and have a bunch of pass rusher type guys with their run game. Take the air out of the ball and limit star opposing QB's. They aren't actually an electric team, or really a team that is built to go a long way. They just present a unique match up problem for certain types of teams and they exploit it to their advantage. The Ravens are somewhat similar, but they have a star QB and a better defense than Cleveland. Bengals still have whack defense, but their offense is good and a budding star in Burrow.

How I see it
    1. Ravens
    2. Steelers
    3. Browns
    4. Bengals

The last two teams will flip once Cleveland makes the mistake of overpaying Mayfield and they start to lose the talent around him to Free Agency. I fully expect the Browns to regress once that happens. If Cincy can put a defense together, they will be legitimate playoff contenders. The Steelers will need to find their next QB, but have the best defense in the league. With Ben's money off the book, they can keep all their weapons on offense too. It should be a pretty easy transition. Baltimore is just the best coached team in the division. Good defense, good offense, electric playmaker at QB. They are likely the best team in the division right now, but injuries have taken a toll on them already, so its more wide open than before.

21. SpeedyMikeWallace

SpeedyMikeWallace Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Based on what I saw this past weekend?

Browns
    Steelers
    Ravens
    Bengals

I don't care about records after week 1.

The Browns took the Chiefs to the wire in KC

Steelers managed to pull out a big victory in Buffalo thanks to some great play by the DL, solid second half adjustments from Canada, a huge ST play, and McDermott getting cute on 4th down

The Ravens shat down their leg against the Raiders, and it looks like they have some OL issues to work out, too

Bengals are still obviously a work in progress

22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I was starting 2 agree till I seen ravens have a Star Qb. Then I stopped reading. LoL

23. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Ravens scheme is more like a college offense IMO.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    It has 2 be.

25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Well then why don’t they start him?

• Winner Winner x 1