1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

TJ Holdout?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Aug 7, 2021.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Funny that's what everyone said 2 the Raiders for trading 2 the Bears. Don't look like it helped either.
    Like I said I'm on the fence.
    I agree one way...then the next post ...the other. LoL

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    The Jets think a lot of things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    It only takes one stupid team to set the market.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    there way be valid reasons that TJ and Cam didn’t do anything. BUT, the scheme that did it involved an OL made up of guys who were pumping gas the week before and didn’t practice together and was devised by a coaching staff that was decimated by Covid. So I’m not absolving them completely for their lack of impact in that game.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    Or one stupid, rapping RB to think he can.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

It helped the Raiders in the short term via Draft Capital. Josh Jacob's has been as advertised while Damon Arnette has not been as hoped for. This is not including the other players from that trade either; Trayvon Mullen, Maxx Crosby, Isaiah Johnson, Foster Moreau, and Quinton Bell being the others (albeit some of these players came from trades with the picks received from the Mack Deal).

Overall?! Chicago was the big winner in the end as they have been more successful than the Raiders; further verifying that HOF Talents should never be given up no matter what offer is on the table. TJ Watt is cut from the same HOF cloth as Khalil Mack is; a special one even among the special ones at that.

All this said, would the Steelers possibly entertain an idea if the capital is right?! I would not deny that they would. Will they?! Highly doubtful.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    Oh, no doubt the would entertain it. But man, that would be a hard sell, for the team AND the fans.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I wonder if TJ was consulted in the Schobert signing?

Hey TJ there goes some of your money for this year...

9. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    And TJ would create an account here real quick and his first post would be, "Who?"

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Any way it goes, I'll of course live with it.

Sign him to for ludacris money? Ok, that's nice. At least we got a good player. Too bad most, if not all of his contract, will be wasted while the team shuffles through a series of back up QB's.

Sign and trade him. With that contract you're not getting much back. Unless of course the Steelers eat a large portion, or all, of his signing bonus. Which will be ample. Maybe that could help with draft capital though. You'd basically be paying extra cash for a higher draft pick. Ok.

Franchise him into oblivion. Fine with me. The owners fought for these options, agreed to by the players, for a reason. If he get's pissed, tell him to call
    (800) 372-2000 and ask for DeMaurice.

• Like Like x 1
  11. soulkitchen

soulkitchen Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Franchise him into oblivion. Fine with me. The owners fought for these options, agreed to by the players, for a reason. If he get's pissed, tell him to call
    (800) 372-2000 and ask for DeMaurice.[/QUOTE]

This is the logical move. Offer the contract 22-24 mil/yr. Don't take it play out your current deal. Next year franchise tag for probably 20-22 mil/yr. Offer new contract again next year with a bump as the market grows. The rules are in Steeler's favor to keep him on their terms. And Watt will get paid, just up to him on how. Long term security with big bonus on Steeler's terms, or franchise.

Blowing it up to QB level money at 28-30 mil/yr just doesn't make sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Steelers freeing up cap space. Deal imminent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Woo-hoo new tape for the weight benches boys getter done.

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    TJ deal will be announced soon :herewego:

• Like Like x 1
  15. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Imagine if your workout equipment counted against the salary cap.

16. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    I hear the Workout Equipment Union boss is a real hard arse. Good luck with the collective bargaining agreement there.

David Mulugheta: I'm sorry, I just can't go back in there and ask for more money.

Inner/Outter Thigh Machine: But I work inner AND outter thighs. And the donkey kick machine just got a new contract!!!

David Mulugheta: I might be able to get you traded to the WNBA, but it's going to take some time. There's disassembly, transport, re-assembly, and we have to find you a spot not facing into the gym or a mirror. I'll see what I can do.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  17. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I hope it gets done pretty quick. I don't know what he's been doing at practice but he obviously hasn't been in teams and probably not going full pads in drills. If he doesn't come back until week 1, I'd be nervous about injury. I don't care what kind of shape you're in, you still have to be conditioned to the hitting aspect as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Agreed

19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    And there are a bunch of stupid GMs trying to save their jobs, unfortunately.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Roger will have to cap individual salaries next. Oh wait, they already do that with the rookies. :facepalm:

21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  22. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    And then Watt will miss significant regular season time with his Hamstring injury that has always seemed bothered him in preseason.

23. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Man there seems to be a lot of TJ Watt hate going on.

Did I miss something the last 2 years when that man was literally screwed out of the DOP year twice?

I mean I get tat Aaron Donald is the modern day era Joe Greene but seriously TJ deserved it twice.

There be many players I would worry about by not playing pre-season games, but TJ Watt is not one of those guys.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I still think taking Week 17 off hurt Watt's chances of being DPOY last year. You have to play all 16 TJ.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Good.

This closes the case of him not being payed. Well earned.... all $100+ Million of it. HOF Talents do not grow on trees.

• Like Like x 1