1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bo Jackson - look back

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by MojaveDesertPghFan, Jun 11, 2021.

1. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Loved watching this guy in any sport. Rumor had it that BO could punt 80-90 yards and heave the FB 70 yards. His memorable throw to home on a rope while leaping against the outfield wall to make the catch was crazy. Two points in this article - it says he hit HR's in 4 consecutive games, tying a MLB record. That's just flat out wrong - Dale Long for the Pirates set the record in late 50's with 8 straight homer games. It's been later matched by Griffey Jr I believe but 4 games was hardly the record unless they meant multi-homer games? Also about half way down the article - at least when I read it - is a tweet about Jack Lambert and someone dubbed him "Dracula in Cleats". Hilarious! Enjoy.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-about-bo-jacksons-record-setting-pro-career/

• Like Like x 3
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I dug Bo too!!!! I'll always remember an NFL game where he literally ran into a D guy and pushed him 5 yards back into the end zone for a TD. Can't remember the defensive guys name but he was a high draft pick and highly touted. If memory serves he never made it big in the NFL.???????

• Like Like x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I sure remember his A$$ on old Tecmo Bowl.
    It was a rule you couldn't be the Raiders in my circle of friends.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    The Boz...lol

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He never lived down that One play. LoL.

6. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I wanted the Colts to draft him...:facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He was undefendable :lolol:

Why would you care :huh:

8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Exactly.
    It was like a freaking cheat code.

9. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I worked at the Hoosier Dome when it first opened. The Colts had just got there & sucked. The monster truck events where awesome though.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I remember reading about when Bo played baseball at Auburn, the Klan came to a game to protest. The were parked behind the outfield fence in left field around 450 feet from home plate and gathered in the back of a pickup truck. Bo launched a monstrous shot over the fence that landed in the back of the pickup. When the Klansmen saw the ball heading their way they all leaped out of the truck like someone had just thrown a grenade in it.

11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Just a question.
    Why would the Klan show up for Bo playing baseball???

12. Hanratty#5

Apr 20, 2019
    I remember reading about it while Bo was still playing at Auburn. I'm pretty sure it was an article from SI. As for why the KKK was there, I have no idea. It was probably explained in the article but that was nearly 40 years ago. I honestly don't remember but I will try to research it since you asked.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hanratty#5

Apr 20, 2019
    Yea! I found the article from SI from 09/05/1984. I had some details wrong they weren't Klansmen just some guys from Tuscaloosa who would yell "Boy" instead of Bo whenever he came to bat. This was during Bo's freshman baseball season when Auburn had an away game at Alabama. It was a beer truck and they were leaning against the truck when Bo launched a rocket that hit the side of the truck. The redneck beer drinkers had to scramble out of the way when they saw the ball headed their way. My memory is pretty foggy so I'm glad I was able to find the article and give you the accurate story.

• Like Like x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Thank. I was just curious.
    They were probably just A$$hole(not call all Bama fans this , just them) Bama fans. They and Auburn don't like each other in sports much.

15. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    5.4 ypc ridiculous

• Agree Agree x 1