1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Steelers over/under win total for 2021

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, May 29, 2021.

1. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    9-8 is the floor imo. Tomlin n at.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Doesn't even require injuries. If Ben's arm goes 2015 Manning, it's over. If Haden loses a step, CB is a train wreck. Same with Heyward/Alualu up front.

Not to mention the entire OL is full of question marks.

I think this season could start out like 2013, only the back half of the schedule will prevent a resurgence to .500.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Bengals did that last year even without Burrows>

4. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    They did, and they will probably get at least a win or two this year again

IIRC that Bengals game last year was statistically Ben’s worst game in a Steelers uniform, albeit it was a pathetic effort from everyone in B & G that evening

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

Who?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    Steelers are suffering from recency bias. Some of the guys writing the team off probably wouldn’t be able to name more than a handful of guys on the roster. All they see is that 1-5 finish and the humiliating freak result against the Browns in the playoffs.

I get why people are writing the team off. There are reasons to believe that they are going to regress. Equally there are reasons to be hopeful if they have better injury luck and if Canada’s new offence gets some traction.

So much depends on Ben and the OLine holding up.

7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I believe we were picked 3rd- Last by almost everyone I could find last year. So....:shrug:
    Also Ben could be in a wheel chair , and be better than 2 QBs in our division.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I think Tannebaum had the Steelers finishing last in the division in 2020 :facepalm:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m being optimistic. Based on that rating, we have the 4th best QB in the division.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    We are concerned with the opinion of a German guy named Christmas tree?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Boycott the media. Media is dead.

12. Ravens_Fan_N_Pitt

Ravens_Fan_N_Pitt Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2018
    Ten wins and OROTY Najee Harris

• Like Like x 1
  13. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    I don't know if the Bengals did enough to pass them, but it's not a stretch to say the Steelers are going to have a tougher go at it this season - tougher schedule, huge question marks in the secondary and OL, and Ben is another year older. Not to mention the terrible finish last year.

The Steelers are trending down, it's fairly obvious. They're betting on successfully re-inventing their entire offense in one offseason with a bunch of new faces, and hoping the D can keep their finger in the dyke after losing 2 of their top 3 CBs and 2nd best pass rusher.

14. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    Yes, they will need a lot of things to go right.

I think it’s fair to say they are a team with a broad range of outcomes. They could go either way. 5-12 would not shock me if they start losing guys with injury early, on the other hand 12-5 is also achievable if the OLine holds, Ben stays healthy, Claypool and Najee start wrecking shop and the defence stays a top 10-12 unit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Speaking of AFC North QBs, this will probably win PFF a few more fans. I was listening to their latest podcast with Steve Palazzolo and Mike Renner, and they got on the subject of young QBs. They think Baltimore and Cleveland will be cautious handing out huge paydays to Jackson and Mayfield because of the inconsistencies in their passing, pointing out the mistakes made by paying Goff, Jimmy GQ, and Wentz too early.

Renner surprised me, though, when he said he was surprised seeing how weak Burrow's arm looked in the NFL, ranking him at or near the very bottom. Obviously, you can improve that and it's not the only trait that matters, but it certainly belies the prevailing opinion that he's some can't miss superstar. Maybe he's just the next Chad Pennington.

Next couple years will be interesting to see how the QB competition in the division shakes out.

• Like Like x 2
  16. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    Ravens fans will scoff and say sour grapes but I think there is a genuine worry about Lamars longevity in the league. Analysts can produce stats to show that he is a good passer but most of that is off play action and the threat of what he can do with his legs. He is a lower body injury away from being a slightly better version of RGIII

Baker so far is a system QB, that run heavy play action offence is perfect for him, but you can make just about any semi capable QB look good in that system. They have a much tougher schedule this year so he will have to win some shootouts. If he can do it and take that next step then I think you pay the man, but I’m not convinced that he is worth the $40m a year the other top guys are getting.

If I had to pick one it would be Baker because I think he has more room for improvement with experience and I’d be less worried about a lower body injury finishing his career.

17. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    You made me think of something weird. A 10-6 record sounds better then a 10-7 record. A 10 win season is losing it's appeal.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ravens_Fan_N_Pitt

Ravens_Fan_N_Pitt Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2018
    I agree. Soon enough division titles won’t matter

19. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    I don’t think we are worse than the Bengals but if burrow is healthy we definitely have the worst QB in the division. And TOMLIN

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Oh Tannenbaum.

21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    IMO...I hope they pay both of them the biggest Qb contracts that have ever been.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    They’ll pay them, they have no choice, even if there are doubts about them are they really going to let them walk and roll the dice on draft picks again.

• Like Like x 3
  23. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Agreed. Both guys need to be surrounded by great talent to be effective. They’re not going to carry their franchises with average talent, and when their teams can only afford to surround them with average talent because they’re making $40 million/year the wheels will come off.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1