1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Le'Veon Bell Reunion?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersfan35, May 14, 2021.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Some people pay extra for that action.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Robert Kraft. "Allegedly "

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Or Watson if you prefer a pinky up your butt.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. steelersfan35

steelersfan35 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    On an extra note, since we already have Juju, Claypool, Johnson, & Washington, there's no need for us to sign AB, even if he was a free agent like Bell.

According to your replies, Snell, Samuels, Ballage, and McFarland are reliable backup running backs, and I agree, to an extent.

Maybe Bell should sign with Tampa Bay and reunite with AB because why not?

• Like Like x 1
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Oh

6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He lied to his teammates, then he hid from them rather than just tell them he changed his mind. Bell didn't break any rules, but he absolutely broke his teammates' trust.

That said, the primary reason I don't think the Steelers should sign him is I don't think he has anything left.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    As time progresses I find the details of this stupidity slipping away. Does anyone remember how much money the Steelers had to set aside in the event that Bell showed up signed the tag and started playing? I ask because if we go with the he changed his mind no big deal narrative it means that a substantial amount of money had been earmarked for his contract that year and by backing out he kept the Steelers from doing business with other players who could help the team.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I would have been all for Bell right up till Najee Harris was the pick.

No need. Its Najee's ball now

HACK

• Like Like x 1
  9. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    While we're having a discussion about whether or not we should sign all these past their use date ex-Steelers, is a "Would the Steelers re-sign Martavis Bryant?" thread in the near future?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    We have the benefit of hindsight. If he would have signed a better deal then it would have been the right move. He took a risk and lost, I can't fault him for that.

11. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Best thing that happened was his foolish ass not taking that contract. Many of us argued the Bell beef at the time... Fact was, he was already done back then and the buyers remorse would've really primed the already terrible financial position the team ended up in. Need proof? He has not been an ounce of what he was and was already trending south before the offer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Somewhat maybe. But once they passed the league cutoff date for negotiating an extension it was basically show up get paid and showcase your skills or not show up and look bad in doing it. I mean in hindsight they really really really screwed the pooch from selling the product perspective. If he says I'm going to sit out the season and that's it, he controls the story and it isn't teammates raiding his swag from his abandoned locker.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Yep, the absolute truth. If he had signed that offer, the Steelers would have ended up paying a fortune for the declining part of his career. Running backs in the NFL take a fearful pounding and age in dog years. He may not even find work at all in the NFL until someone has a running back go down. No more Franco, Barry Sanders, Payton. They now play a few years and have to ride into the sunset.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    STD lives in Arizona.

15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Not this STD.
    Not big on Rap, or Arizona. LoL.
    Really Arizona is fine. I've only been there once though.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Of course you can't fault him for wanting more money. The question is, was risk/ reward clearly thought out? What did HIS decisions cost him. Loss of money and enshrinement (possibly) into the HOF, his career status? Damn, that's a lot on the table especially at that stage in his career. I don't think he thought that far out or he used some other failed logic. He can see who's at fault every morning in the mirror and repeat, "yeh, that was genius on my part? I don't think that was a good idea." I know hindsight clearly proves this and may not have been crystal clear to him at the time, but, did he not think it was at least a possibility? If he didn't think it was a possibility, then that's equally as dumb as doing it and knowing it was a possibility. I do fault him for that. Not sure what's in store for him, if anything. As long as its not in W PA, I don't care. How much longer is this thread going to go (horse meet whip).

17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I believe he bought into the Hype the media was selling.
    He's the Greatest Rb....Blah,blahBlah....hes the reason Steelers offense is so good...blahblah blah.
    Anyone that actually watches the games, and aren't trying 2 undermine the success of certain players...knew this 2 be untrue.
    I mean all he had 2 do was watch all the times he was out, or suspended....how good the backup Rbs looked. Hell one lead the league in rushing while he was out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Sorry, man. Don't know who I got you mixed up with, but there's also a real chance I just straight screwed up that attempt at a joke.

• Like Like x 2
  19. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Two of the best things financially for the Steelers were some young-ish stars turning their nose at good contracts from the Steelers. We currently aren't paying Bell to be lazy and sucky, and we never had the shell of Mike Wallace on the team (and instead paid the guy behind him to be the best WR in the league for the majority of his time in the Burgh). Two big wins for the Steelers, because we had sizeable contracts offered to both of them that in hindsight would've proven to be costly.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Yes to this.
    Three things about the Steelers: 1) They seem to be uncannily good at drafting and developing wide receivers. 2) They seems to be uncannily bad at drafting and developing defensive backs, and 3) They seem to know when to let someone walk, with few exceptions. Mike Wallace, Alan Faneca, and Rod Woodson had something like a career after leaving, and I can’t think of anyone else off the top of my head.
    Anyway, this is a ridiculous thread. If it was the Bell from his good years, and the Steelers could freeze him in suspended animation between games like in Idiocracy, so he could not do and say stupid ****, maybe I could see it.

• Like Like x 2
  21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    This aged well

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    In my opinion Faneca was ticked off that Russ Grimm didn't get the HC position and that the guy Tomlin hired to replace him was a moron. That sorta soured him on the Steelers for a few years before like Woodson the remembered the good days and not the bad.

23. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Wow, 6 pages of BS about a washed up selfish has-been RB who was all about me, me, me. Got paid and then never produced diddly squat again. GTFOH with this garbage.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  24. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    1) They are good at developing WRs because they have a first ballot HOF QB throwing them the ball. Also why Bell was the best in the game.

2) name a team that's GREAT at it? They might be out there but I can't think of one.

3) define "something like a career"....Emmanuel Sanders, Mike Vrable, Ross Cockrell, Plex Burress, Willie Colon, Marcus Gilbert, Sean Morey, Antwaan Randle El, Javon Hargrave, Brendan Stai, Charles Johnson. Wayne Gandy, Orpheus Roye, Brenson Buckner, Keenan Lewis, Steve McLendon, Chris Hope, Santonio Holmes, Ziggy Hood..... all played and started in the NFL for years after they left Pitt.

HACK

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I voted WHACK.

• Like Like x 1